Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recent shipping experiences and quotes - please pretty please

Wikiposts

Recent shipping experiences and quotes - please pretty please

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Recent shipping experiences and quotes - please pretty please

We went with Atlantis and were pleased with them. 20ft container door to door £3500 from Birmingham to Gold Coast. Shipment arrived in 4-5 weeks(before us!!!) and was stored this end(cheaper than storing in UK) until we requested it. Got through customs ok and the only damage was the glass door in our microwave broke. Just one of those things not worth claiming for as only cost £45 from Asda and excess was £100. picked one up from Kmart for $99. Not bad for a whole house! We had insurance through Letton Percival was much cheaper. Were glad we bought everything - it gives us the choice to keep or replace as we can afford instead of wishing we had bought something with us.
Karen x
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Hiya

This is an update for anyone interested in using Excess International Movers.

We had Excess and John Mason out last year aroundabout June time to do a quote, I then had to ask for a requote because we took longer to sell our house than anticipated. Both of them said the quote would be the same. After a lot of thought we ended up choosing Excess to ship our worldly goods.

They came out in October and we instructed them to store our stuff in the UK, just in case our house sale fell through. In November we instructed them to ship and never heard anything to confirm the stuff had gone, until just before we flew to Australia on 4 December they sent us an email to advise that our stuff should arrive on 19 December.

After the Christmas and New Year break I contacted Excess in Australia and they confirmed that our shipment had arrived and was waiting clearance. Then last Wednesday our stuff arrived.

So, from my experience, I can fully recommend Excess. They were very helpful both in the UK and Oz. The guys who came out to pack our stuff and the ones this end were great. I knew that we would be extremely lucky if nothing got broken, so I was expecting some damage. However, out of our shipment, one wine glass got broken, the glass on a large picture got cracked and the top on a very cheap (MFI) chest of drawers was damaged.

Good luck to all of you still out in the UK.

Hazel
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:49 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I have done loads and loads of reading through old threads so I am not being lazy. I have read quite a few people who say "shippers are coming next week/month so I will let you know how we get on"

So now I am asking - how has everyone got on?

I had a few quotes in July but realise that I obviously did that far too soon and will have to be looking for new quotes. Any help qould be much appreciated
Hi Anne,
Glad to see that things are finally moving for you. We used Mason's and they were fab. We didn't even get a quote from anyone else. When our stuff arrived it went into storage for a few weeks with OSS, I think, who were also brilliant. Looking back in hind sight, I'd have shipped everything. We are now finding that we cannot furnish a house as cheaply here as we did in the UK. Not to worry, we are loving it and that's what matters... no regrets!
Hope everything goes smoothly for you.
Sarah
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Graham67 is on a distinguished road

Many thanks for posting this info as I have Anglo coming out to price moving the contents of my house to Perth.