Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recent shipping experiences and quotes - please pretty please

Wikiposts

Recent shipping experiences and quotes - please pretty please

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 5:37 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Recent shipping experiences and quotes - please pretty please

I have done loads and loads of reading through old threads so I am not being lazy. I have read quite a few people who say "shippers are coming next week/month so I will let you know how we get on"

So now I am asking - how has everyone got on?

I had a few quotes in July but realise that I obviously did that far too soon and will have to be looking for new quotes. Any help qould be much appreciated
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent shipping experiences and quotes - please pretty please

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I have done loads and loads of reading through old threads so I am not being lazy. I have read quite a few people who say "shippers are coming next week/month so I will let you know how we get on"

I had a few quotes in July but realise that I obviously did that far too soon and will have to be looking for new quotes. Any help qould be much appreciated
Can't help you there Anne but just subscribing to the thread to pinch the answers

I also got quotes far too early so will have to go through it all again (and probably whinge at the price increases!)
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

We had Pickford's come on 23.09.05 and they were fantastic we had been quoted for 780 cu ft when they came for estimate and then we decide as we were closer to the move that there was a lot of stuff we didn't want (like leather sofas after sticking to them in the summer ) so we phone and said there would be a lot less and they were fine and said they would re estimate after they had pack, when they had packed it came out 525 ft and cost £2540 + AQIS fees and they gave us 3 1/2 weeks free storage
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 5:50 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

another one here to pinch your answers

I have arranged for 3 companies this month to come round and give their quotes, in a month time I will be able to give you some insight.

one company has stated their quote lasts 3mths which should suit us as our move date should be some time in Feb.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 6:03 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

pinching answers!!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 6:03 am

I don't mind all you people who want to pinch the answers, so long as we get some
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't mind all you people who want to pinch the answers, so long as we get some

Hmmm you might have a point there mate!!
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 6:37 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anne,

We've got Anglo Pacific, Allied Pickfords and Over's coming in 8 days to do quotes so we'll pm you then with the results!

Dave
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 6:45 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Hi Anne4Terry

Here's my thread from last week:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=shippers
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by <")))><
Hi Anne4Terry

Here's my thread from last week:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=shippers
Thanks for that fishface. I had wondered who you had used actually as you are not a million miles away from me.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Hi again Anne!
PSS packed our stuff up on 13th October. Quoted for 625 cubic feet and it was only 500 in the end, therefore price went down, which was great. They were very efficient and friendly. I rang them yesterday to ask on progress and the boat with our stuff on left on Sunday just gone. They estimate it docking in Brisbane on 3rd December. We fly out on 5th, so after 3 weeks in furnished accommodation it should be good timing for customs clearance (we hope!).
Hope this helps. See you Sunday sweetie. x
Claire. x
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:26 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Like Anne4Terry, I am always reading the threads of other people about their shippers to pick up hints and tips. Purely based on that, I just wanted to say a couple of things:

To wavy_davy
You may want to do a search for "Anglo Pacific" and look for posts by Pollyana. Anglo Pacific have a VERY bad reputation here on this forum.

To Robbo2
One tip I picked up is that it takes ages to get your stuff through customs around Christmas time. If you do a search, there are people here whose "stuff" arrived before Christmas, but they didn't get it until February. :scared:

Gina
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Like Anne4Terry, I am always reading the threads of other people about their shippers to pick up hints and tips. Purely based on that, I just wanted to say a couple of things:

To wavy_davy
You may want to do a search for "Anglo Pacific" and "***** ********" and look for posts by Pollyana. Anglo Pacific have a VERY bad reputation here on this forum.

To Robbo2
One tip I picked up is that it takes ages to get your stuff through customs around Christmas time. If you do a search, there are people here whose "stuff" arrived before Christmas, but they didn't get it until February. :scared:

Gina

:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Hi Anne,

We've got Anglo Pacific, Allied Pickfords and Over's coming in 8 days to do quotes so we'll pm you then with the results!

Dave

you guys coming to the meet on Sunday?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327277
Claire. x
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a few quotes back in May. When we finally came to arrange it for real we went with John Mason - by far the best customer service to us. PSS didn't come out, just asked what John Mason had quoted for and gave us a quote for the same size container (quote was 1,000 more )

Between receiving a copy of their inventory and the guys arriving, a few things had changed but it was no problem. The two guys turned up on the Tuesday morning and had packed everything by about 4pm. They came back mid morning on the Wednesday to go through the detailed inventory and label everything. The container turned up at 1pm and was packed and gone by 3pm.

Really helpful. Very nice, chatty but continued working throughout. I have sort of tracked the ship and at this moment it is docked just north of Pisa. Should arrive in Brisbane on the 26th November. Would be nice to get it out of customs and AQIS before christmas but can't do anything about it if it doesn't.

We are currently living in a very minimalist house until the 18th and no doubt will be able to do the same there. Can't get worked up about something that is out of my control

Anyway for a 20foot reefer sole use, they charged us just over £3,000. So far so good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.