Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old Nov 18th 2007, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Smurf1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa
If you work on the bases the interview is for 30 mins, just pretend you have a stammer and the time will fly by. Plus you can only be asked a few questions

I don't think anybody has had an interview yet tho.
god i hope so let u know when i get back tomorrow if not tuesday, hopefully stay the night and take in a bit of london as i've never been before.
can anyone suggest a must visit in london
Old Nov 18th 2007, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

Originally Posted by Smurf1969
god i hope so let u know when i get back tomorrow if not tuesday, hopefully stay the night and take in a bit of london as i've never been before.
Do you need a passport to leave
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Smurf1969
The London eye was good. No queues when we went. Covent garden, Natural History Museum if your interested in science n stuff or British museum if wet and cold. They've got the Terracotta Warriors at the British Museum I would love to see that here's the link http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_o...t_emperor.aspx
Can't think of anywhere else at the minute unless you want to go shopping?
Then there's Hamleys, Oxford St ot the West End if you've got time for a show. We saw Les Mis fantastic, Mama Mia even better.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Do you need a passport to leave
I think i might have to, i live on a little island and have to get across a bridge to get off
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sals
The London eye was good. No queues when we went. Covent garden, Natural History Museum if your interested in science n stuff or British museum if wet and cold. They've got the Terracotta Warriors at the British Museum I would love to see that here's the link http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_o...t_emperor.aspx
Can't think of anywhere else at the minute unless you want to go shopping?
Then there's Hamleys, Oxford St ot the West End if you've got time for a show. We saw Les Mis fantastic, Mama Mia even better.
Thats great sals thanks, a big help i don' know about the shopping though, OH will be with me, i think he might have something to say about it

Hows the abdo pains doing, if it wasn't gallstones then whats causing it
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

It's Early Nov and we have 3 cm of snow, the farmers are planning driving protests now due to fuel prices and they say thing come in 3's
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

I now have a question. I am trying hard to study, so what is Methoxyflurane? This is a drug P1, P3 and P4 can give, however, it says its an inhalational anaesthetic and is not used any more Any help please?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

katie999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that because one of us is not one us but one of them being one of us if so can you please stand up
what drugs are you on?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Is that because one of us is not one us but one of them being one of us if so can you please stand up
Originally Posted by katie999
what drugs are you on?
I'll have some if there's any spare! I find it quite funny that I see the BE logo on quite a few screens round Kedron Park these days. EMQ and QAS have a few posters, and I'm sure the recruiters must browse - they'd be mad nopt to, even if they don't post. Not sure about Fire at present, I ought to try and recruit a few members in there!!.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'll have some if there's any spare! I find it quite funny that I see the BE logo on quite a few screens round Kedron Park these days. EMQ and QAS have a few posters, and I'm sure the recruiters must browse - they'd be mad nopt to, even if they don't post. Not sure about Fire at present, I ought to try and recruit a few members in there!!.
If I don't pass at the interview, I may be contacting you about that as my family will kill me if we don't go now
Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

holsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to all

I now have a question. I am trying hard to study, so what is Methoxyflurane? This is a drug P1, P3 and P4 can give, however, it says its an inhalational anaesthetic and is not used any more Any help please?
Do not quote me but........ Methox is an anesthetic which I believe was/is used mostly by Oz ambulance services pretty much in the same way as we use entonox. It has inhalational analgesic properties but was actually prohibited in the UK in the 60s' because of detrimental effects on the renal system. I see it is on the oz skill matrix so is it still used in QAS
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by holsie0
Do not quote me but........ Methox is an anesthetic which I believe was/is used mostly by Oz ambulance services pretty much in the same way as we use entonox. It has inhalational analgesic properties but was actually prohibited in the UK in the 60s' because of detrimental effects on the renal system. I see it is on the oz skill matrix so is it still used in QAS
I thought that could be the case, however, Oz ambulance also give Entonox I also read it had been banned. I will keep searching and hope they don't ask
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

holsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to all

I thought that could be the case, however, Oz ambulance also give Entonox I also read it had been banned. I will keep searching and hope they don't ask
Yep, again don't quote but believe entonox was purely for pain (pregnancy mild # etc) whereas Meth was for those injuries where you had to temp knock out for life saving proceedures ie we have all seen the 180 degree displaced lower tib, fib #s', the patients in dire distress which entonox was totally pants for!! I suppose it could be viewed as the Morph v Ketemine synopsis (ie good v better).

I think you can relax as I see in the interview package that we will only be quizzed on UK proceedures and protocols, although I guess they would expect us to know what we could be going into HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by holsie0; Nov 19th 2007 at 11:10 am.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

mille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nice
Exclamation Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Penthrox® (Methoxyflurane)

I can help with that, have a read here:

http://www.ccm.com.au/acap/content/S...er%201.2.1.pdf

http://www.medicaldev.com/pdf_files/...on%20sheet.pdf

http://www.medicaldev.com/medical_products.php

Great stuff!

Cheers,

mille777
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

mille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nice

Penthrox® (Methoxyflurane)

See attachment!

Enjoy....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Penthrox.pdf (244.6 KB, 1983 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.