Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice
Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Originally Posted by sals
I was told at interview that 95% of UK paras who challenge fail BUT I've no idea how many challenge! I'm sure there is someone who posts on here who knows or is the person that challenged and passed. I had a quick look for the thread or posts in this thread but got fed up looking after about 20 pages. Someone should know who it is?

What about the body! Was it a dead body? Did I miss something???
Does anybody know who the body could be
Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

mille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nicemille777 is just really nice
Exclamation Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

ICP

As a German paramedic incl. EEMSP I am in the same position as most of you, to decide which level it is worth to apply for.

I am already living in Brisbane since last year, and I already had a meeting with HR and one of the EOQ managers regarding the level recognition. The thing with the ICP is more a political issue than a question of skills and medical knowledge. An ICP in the QAS is a team leader, educator and tutor at once. I was also wondering at which level I should apply, also did a ride-along to get more of an insight of the ICP work. All I can say is even when it is very tempting to challenge the ICP level, you don't do yourself a favour with it. I think it is more reasonable to start as an ACP, to get used to the system here and challenge it later on.
You can challenge the ICP anytime after you started. The main difference is that with the ICP level the responsible person who is doing all paper work and assessments is the medical director. If you challenge the ACP it is a QAS educator, and as you can guess they are more educators than medical directors in the QAS, which means the whole process as an ACP is much faster than as an ICP.

I had my difficulties to find the right level to challenge, because I worked at a higher level than most ICP do here. But I also realised that it does more sense to get started at a lower level than upgrade later on.

Anybody else with more experience about ICP? Tell us about it!

Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa
Its the Reverend Green, and it was done in the 000 cafe, with a piece of garlic bread

(for those of you now confused, thats the cafe at Kedron Park, QAS HQ, and once you've eaten there the rest will make sense )
Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa

LOL if this pain continues it could be mine (not gallstones! had scan) I may have removed some of my internal organs with a blunt spoon

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its the Reverend Green, and it was done in the 000 cafe, with a piece of garlic bread

(for those of you now confused, thats the cafe at Kedron Park, QAS HQ, and once you've eaten there the rest will make sense )
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Smurf1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where's everyone gone has everybody emmigrated without me
Old Nov 18th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

tyne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Smurf1969
Where's everyone gone has everybody emmigrated without me
Its certainly pretty quiet here the last day or so. Everyone studying for the interviews? I know i am.

Has anyone here had their interview yet? If so how did it go?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

padicman is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Hi surely someone has now been for their interview that can give us nervous future QAS paramedics a few ideas on this years questions that have been asked. I bet many on here are thinking the same as me. Lets help each other out ok.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 12:44 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

The old questions are all listed on this site.

I don't know if they have changed.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 12:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by temptininnit
The old questions are all listed on this site.

I don't know if they have changed.
Something tells me that as QAS will be aware the questions are being posted here, they will be changing them as often as they can
Old Nov 18th 2007, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

padicman is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Something tells me that as QAS will be aware the questions are being posted here, they will be changing them as often as they can
Hi thats why i want to know just in case they have done.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

katie999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by padicman
Hi thats why i want to know just in case they have done.

the interviews start on wed as far as i know so im sure you will get feedback soon enough. they are a fantastic bunch on this site and everyone is really helpful. need to chill out!!!!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Smurf1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katie999
the interviews start on wed as far as i know so im sure you will get feedback soon enough. they are a fantastic bunch on this site and everyone is really helpful. need to chill out!!!!
The interviews started on monday 12th, but still heard nothing from no one
Old Nov 18th 2007, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

katie999 is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant see them changing the questions too much from what they have been. its pretty informal and all they can catch you out with is pharmacology of certain drugs. the rest you should already know if you are a paramedic.

they are desperate for bums on seats and its likely that the people who have gone for their interviews in the past few days arent on this site. the majority of the guys n gals on here seem to be on or after the 21st.

good luck to everyone!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

If you work on the bases the interview is for 30 mins, just pretend you have a stammer and the time will fly by. Plus you can only be asked a few questions

I don't think anybody has had an interview yet tho.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by katie999
i cant see them changing the questions too much from what they have been. its pretty informal and all they can catch you out with is pharmacology of certain drugs. the rest you should already know if you are a paramedic.

they are desperate for bums on seats and its likely that the people who have gone for their interviews in the past few days arent on this site. the majority of the guys n gals on here seem to be on or after the 21st.

good luck to everyone!

Is that because one of us is not one us but one of them being one of us if so can you please stand up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.