Qualifications equivalent

Qualifications equivalent

Old Apr 30th 2018, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Juliaw151 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Qualifications equivalent

Originally Posted by Dmorgan07
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if I could shed any light on this as I have just been granted my 189 visa under early childhood teacher, but I have no knowledge of 187 visa so sorry if I’m jumping in wrongly...

I had to do an aitsl assessment to prove my work experience and degree as suitable for skills needed to qualify for the visa. I also did an ACECQA assessment which takes your credentials from overseas and how they translate into Australian- this is needed for employment to work in childcare/long day care centres in Australia as everyone has to have their qualifications recognised by ACECQA (I suppose most people get this done automatically as they enrol in college or whatever on a course already approved by them). In order to pass both I had to prove I had 4 years of study at university level (I had 3 years bachelors degree and 1 year PGCE) plus proven placements at birth to 8, this was pretty much the same with the ACECQA.

It is not simple as “aitsl is for teachers, ACECQA is for early years” you need both.

I have no idea how the 187 visa works. If you can be sponsored regionally for any role within any sector then it sounds like to me that the OP will have the qualifications and skills needed to pass the acecqa assessment to qualify for a diploma level 3 lead educator. If you have to be sponsored under a skill on the medium llist the only one that is on there is early childhood teacher and OP wouldn’t pass the aitsl test.
Was just curious, did you have to get copies of your qualifications certified to apply for acecqa assessment? If so, who certified them for you?
Old Apr 30th 2018, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Julia, it don't pay a lot, https://www.payscale.com/research/AU...14bd/Melbourne. Nowhere near average, https://www.livingin-australia.com/salaries-australia/. Not wanting to be a killjoy but you will definitely need a career plan to move you up the ladder just for basic existence here.

Re acecqua, wife initially had an issue getting her NNEB accepted. I ended up talking to the head of CACHE who gave us a letter to submit with her application. Hopefully, yours is on the list, if not, ask CACHE for help.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Julia, it don't pay a lot, https://www.payscale.com/research/AU...14bd/Melbourne. Nowhere near average, https://www.livingin-australia.com/salaries-australia/. Not wanting to be a killjoy but you will definitely need a career plan to move you up the ladder just for basic existence here.

Re acecqua, wife initially had an issue getting her NNEB accepted. I ended up talking to the head of CACHE who gave us a letter to submit with her application. Hopefully, yours is on the list, if not, ask CACHE for help.
That’s around what I was expecting actually! Still about £2000 more than I earn here. Sorry, what is CACHE?
Old Apr 30th 2018, 11:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliaw151
That’s around what I was expecting actually! Still about £2000 more than I earn here. Sorry, what is CACHE?
It may be £2000 more than you currently earn but you will not be living where you currently live. The cost of living in Australia is high!

You have been and are being given good advice by people who are already here. If I were you I would listen. Nobody's trying to rain on your parade here but we are being realistic.
Old May 1st 2018, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding salaries you need 2 -2.5 times your UK earnings in dollars (depending on where you are living/will be living) to have a similar lifestyle in Australia.
So if you earn £25k now and move to a similar type of area in Aus then you should be aiming for $50 - $55k (2-2.2x). If you were moving from a small town in UK to say metropolitan area here then more likely 2.5 x.
$50k is well below the average salary here too.
You cannot just use the exchange rate. After all when the exchange rate moves salaries do not adjust accordingly.

Bear in mind that housing is a big cost. Yes bricklayers own property and live in Sydney but they bought their houses when prices were more reasonable!
Old May 1st 2018, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yup my son earns more than that per hour as a part time barista/bar man in a cafe, with penalty rates he can afford to live in a shared house away from home whilst studying. He does, however have a lot of savings built up from working whilst living at home rent free!
Old May 1st 2018, 3:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, what is CACHE?
The awarding body of your diploma, I hope.

https://www.cache.org.uk/
Old May 2nd 2018, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

The awarding body of your diploma, I hope.

https://www.cache.org.uk/

Nope, it’s not a cache diploma, it’s a BTEC.
Old May 2nd 2018, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It may be £2000 more than you currently earn but you will not be living where you currently live. The cost of living in Australia is high!

You have been and are being given good advice by people who are already here. If I were you I would listen. Nobody's trying to rain on your parade here but we are being realistic.
I’m not being negative? I’m taking in everything everyone’s saying, you’re right I have been given good advice. I’ve not said anywhere that anyone’s raining on my parade? Idk where you’re getting that from...
Old May 2nd 2018, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Regarding salaries you need 2 -2.5 times your UK earnings in dollars (depending on where you are living/will be living) to have a similar lifestyle in Australia.
So if you earn £25k now and move to a similar type of area in Aus then you should be aiming for $50 - $55k (2-2.2x). If you were moving from a small town in UK to say metropolitan area here then more likely 2.5 x.
$50k is well below the average salary here too.
You cannot just use the exchange rate. After all when the exchange rate moves salaries do not adjust accordingly.

Bear in mind that housing is a big cost. Yes bricklayers own property and live in Sydney but they bought their houses when prices were more reasonable!
So at the moment I’m on about £17000 (not a set wage). From what I can see people in my job earn about $40,000. Which is quite a nice number to earn. I’m aware things are more expensive, I also found some things to be cheaper than the uk too. From my experience, and this may have changed in the last two years of course, but I found it quite balanced out with how somethings were more expensive but some were cheaper.
Old May 2nd 2018, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

So at the moment I’m on about £17000 (not a set wage). From what I can see people in my job earn about $40,000. Which is quite a nice number to earn. I’m aware things are more expensive, I also found some things to be cheaper than the uk too. From my experience, and this may have changed in the last two years of course, but I found it quite balanced out with how somethings were more expensive but some were cheaper.
$40k is beans on toast territory! That would not be something to aim for. If you look at it in terms of average wage it’s roughly half an adult average wage, so would be comparable with around £13k. Just because it’s a bigger number than you currently earn, doesn’t mean it’s a “nice” number unfortunately. I’m on holiday in Australia now and money is just pouring out of my purse just for basic stuff (we have a house and use of a car) - I’m spending much more than I would back in Cambridge for similar things. Even petrol - sure, it’s much cheaper here but I have to drive further for the same stuff!
Old May 2nd 2018, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

$40,000 is not a good wage for Australia. You will really struggle on that, especially if your visa does not allow you to have a second job.

You have been speaking about the regional visa - I live in regional Australia and there is a false perception out there that the regions are cheaper than the cities. They aren't. Petrol, for example, is a lot more expensive. You can find cheaper rents - "cheaper" does not mean "cheap" - but many are for places that you would never want to live in.

Last edited by carcajou; May 2nd 2018 at 9:30 pm.
Old May 2nd 2018, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

Nope, it’s not a cache diploma, it’s a BTEC.
That's good: BTEC gets mentioned in the list of equivalent quals, https://www.acecqa.gov.au/qualifications/nqf-approved.
Old May 2nd 2018, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carcajou
$40,000 is not a good wage for Australia. You will really struggle on that, especially if your visa does not allow you to have a second job.
OP needs to come here with a plan to further herself as an educator's salary ain't much. BTW, I don't think kinder teachers are paid that much either. We have a friend who is studying for her kinder teacher degree whilst working full-time as a diploma, so it can be done. Saying that, I would recommend arriving with enough cash to cover costs of $20-30k a year. If it takes 3 years to get the degree, need $60-90k on top of salary for living. Plus, you need the cost of tuition, which hopefully is domestic fees of about $7k per full-time year. Whether domestic or international depends on the visa.
Old May 2nd 2018, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

On that 17k how do you live now. Do you rent a home? Get benefits? Own a car?. How would that translate to Australia?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.