Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qualifications equivalent

Qualifications equivalent

Old Apr 20th 2018, 8:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifications equivalent

Originally Posted by Juliaw151
I thought it would be early childhood teacher which is on the mltssl (I think that’s it the medium long term list), does everything I do here.
Can you pass the skills assessment for early childhood teacher? The below is from this occupation's assessing body

Part A – Assessment criteria
For the purposes of AITSL Assessment for Migration an Early Childhood
(Pre-primary School) Teacher is degree qualified to teach students between the ages Birth to 8 years in education programs prior to and in the early years of primary school.

Criterion 1. Qualifications

Completion of a minimum of four years full-time (or part-time equivalent) higher education (university) level study that results in qualification/s. This must include a relevant initial teacher education qualification and can include other qualifications.

Initial teacher education qualification requirement
The study must include an initial teacher education qualification comparable to the educational level of an Australian Bachelor degree (Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7) or higher, which includes:

You need to read the entire link, here https://www.aitsl.edu.au/migrate-to-australia
Old Apr 20th 2018, 10:31 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it would be early childhood teacher which is on the mltssl (I think that’s it the medium long term list), does everything I do here.
You are not a teacher, though. Do you have a 4 year teaching degree?
Old Apr 21st 2018, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

AITSL is not a skills shortage list. It is the skills assessor for early childhood teacher. As has already been explained to you.

https://www.aitsl.edu.au/migrate-to-australia
Old Apr 21st 2018, 1:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

A Deputy Room Leader of a toddler room at nursery is very very different from an Early Childhood Teacher.

Its not just what you do, its the qualifications as well. You need far more in order to teach than you do as a Room Leader.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 8:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Your diploma will get you an early educator's job here. Unfortunately, not high enough for teacher. There are some kinder teachers with diploma quals they received many, many years ago, nowadays it's a degree. Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teachers | Job Outlook

Diploma allows you Education Aides | Job Outlook. Note, you only need a cert III.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Your diploma will get you an early educator's job here. Unfortunately, not high enough for teacher. There are some kinder teachers with diploma quals they received many, many years ago, nowadays it's a degree. Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teachers | Job Outlook

Diploma allows you Education Aides | Job Outlook. Note, you only need a cert III.
OP's problem is not finding a job, it's getting a positive skills assessment in a profession that will allow her to qualify for a visa. On the current combined list the closest thing is Early Childhood Teacher which requires assessment through AITSL. There are currently no professions on the combined list that are assessed through ACEQUA.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/...d-stsol-mltssl
Old Apr 21st 2018, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Juliaw151 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think what I’m going to do, after speaking to someone last night who has gone through exactly what I’ve gone through. Is get my qualifications assessed by acecqa, as hers worked out as a cert 3, and then go for the 187, do the two years for that, then apply for PR.

Sorry I thought that early childhood teacher was the equivalent to what I am. My mistake!
Old Apr 21st 2018, 6:41 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I think what I’m going to do, after speaking to someone last night who has gone through exactly what I’ve gone through. Is get my qualifications assessed by acecqa, as hers worked out as a cert 3, and then go for the 187, do the two years for that, then apply for PR.

Sorry I thought that early childhood teacher was the equivalent to what I am. My mistake!
How are you going to apply for the 187 visa? Do you have a sponsor? What state has daycare provider on their list of skills they're sponsoring?

I think that you are not understanding the fact that there is no skill on the list that matches what you do. You are not a teacher. You are not a daycare centre manager. Room leaders for toddlers is not going to get you a visa.

What is the ANZCO code number you plan to have your qualifications assessed as?

As much as you might want a visa, as Sir Mick very wisely said' "You can't always get what you want". Unfortunately not everyone quslifies to come to Australia.

Last edited by Dorothy; Apr 21st 2018 at 6:44 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carcajou
AITSL is not a skills shortage list. It is the skills assessor for early childhood teacher. As has already been explained to you.

https://www.aitsl.edu.au/migrate-to-australia

I know that. That’s not what I said.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
How are you going to apply for the 187 visa? Do you have a sponsor? What state has daycare provider on their list of skills they're sponsoring?

I think that you are not understanding the fact that there is no skill on the list that matches what you do. You are not a teacher. You are not a daycare centre manager. Room leaders for toddlers is not going to get you a visa.

What is the ANZCO code number you plan to have your qualifications assessed as?

As much as you might want a visa, as Sir Mick very wisely said' "You can't always get what you want". Unfortunately not everyone quslifies to come to Australia.

I will get my qualifications assessed by acecqa, there are jobs that are sponsoring for the 187/RSMS visa in regional Australia. I have literally spoken to someone who has done this, who doesn’t have a degree, she isn’t a teacher, she has a diploma like me, and this is the path she has taken, and she was granted her visa.

Last edited by Juliaw151; Apr 21st 2018 at 6:56 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 6:57 pm
Still alive

I will get my qualifications assessed by acecqa, there are jobs that are sponsoring for the 187/RSMS visa in regional Australia. I have literally spoken to someone who has done this, who doesn’t need have a degree, she isn’t a teacher, she has a diploma like me, and this is the path she has taken, and she was granted her visa.
As i asked, what ANZCO code and what sponsor?

When did this person do this? The skills lists and visa rules change regularly, so what someone did a year ago may not be relevant to today. For example, the skill we came on is no longer on the list so as of today I would not qualify for a visa.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

As i asked, what ANZCO code and what sponsor?

When did this person do this? The skills lists and visa rules change regularly, so what someone did a year ago may not be relevant to today. For example, the skill we came on is no longer on the list so as of today I would not qualify for a visa.
There’s no requirement for the 187 as far as I can see on the home affairs website, apart from 3 years of experience in the relevant sector, which I have. So depending on what acecqa determine my qualifications to be, I could be eligible for that. 6 months ago she said. She said acecqa is for early years and aitsl is for teachers. I’m just gonna speak to an agent aha!

I don’t obviously have a sponsor yet but there are lots of jobs online that are offering it.
Sorry forgot to say the 187 isn’t on the combined list of eligible skilled occupations, like it isn’t for any of them, it says there’s no requirements except relevant qualifications and 3 years of experience in the field.
Ugh edit again I found it haha

Last edited by Juliaw151; Apr 21st 2018 at 7:24 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
OP's problem is not finding a job, it's getting a positive skills assessment in a profession that will allow her to qualify for a visa.
Yes, she hasn't got a visa to live here so can't get a job. i was more interested in clarifying the equivalency of her diploma using an official source.

https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/m...t-for-victoria

OP could come to Melbourne (most...dah-dah-dah) if she upped her diploma to a degree and got the 2 years experience. I know the Aus unis will give RPL; check UK unis to see how much time can be knocked off. Before starting course check with ACECQA its equivalence.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat020; Apr 21st 2018 at 11:30 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:16 pm
Still alive

There’s no requirement for the 187 as far as I can see on the home affairs website, apart from 3 years of experience in the relevant sector, which I have. So depending on what acecqa determine my qualifications to be, I could be eligible for that. 6 months ago she said. She said acecqa is for early years and aitsl is for teachers. I’m just gonna speak to an agent aha!

I don’t obviously have a sponsor yet but there are lots of jobs online that are offering it.
Sorry forgot to say the 187 isn’t on the combined list of eligible skilled occupations, like it isn’t for any of them, it says there’s no requirements except relevant qualifications and 3 years of experience in the field.
Ugh edit again I found it haha
Lots of jobs online offering sponsorship? In regional areas? Could you post a link because I looked and didn't see anything remotely regional offering sponsorship.

Last edited by Dorothy; Apr 21st 2018 at 11:19 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of jobs online offering sponsorship? In regional areas? Could you post a link because I looked and didn't see anything remotely regional offering sponsorship.
Seems unlikely, though I guess not impossible.

I freely admit I am not up to date with all the skills requirements these days, but wouldn't she need a skills assessment for a Direct Entry 187? I think the Skills Assessment can be by-passed if going on the Transition stream but this sounds like a Direct Entry. Happy to be proved wrong, as I am very out of touch with skills stuff.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.