Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private Schools Perth North of River

Private Schools Perth North of River

Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:33 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Schools Perth North of River

Originally Posted by northernbird
Year 7 for next year or year 8 for 2011. I will take whichever gets offered to me first. I put her name down way way after that. I am very surprised you haven't been offered a place. Have you called them to nag them.
I think I may have "over nagged" them. Don't believe what people say when they tell you you have to keep ringing up and hassling them.

I know a few people who have managed to leapfrog us on the waiting list

Fortunately the boy was offered and we accepted a place at St Stephens Carramar, year 7 2010. The girls applications are currently being processed. I don't want to tempt fate but with their brother going there they will be at the top of the list but until the place is offered I'm not counting any chickens.

I think if St Marks were to offer us a place I'd probably be reluctant to accept it as we have already splashed out a large non refundable deposit for SSS and is closer to where we live.

Good luck with St Marks though. I reckon you're in with a chance, you'll find out shortly after easter although even if turned down then you might get lucky as people offered a place decide not to part with the sizeable non refundable deposit. I think a lot of people are reviewing the private school option in the light of the economic situation - could work well for you.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:36 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I think I may have "over nagged" them. Don't believe what people say when they tell you you have to keep ringing up and hassling them.

I know a few people who have managed to leapfrog us on the waiting list

Fortunately the boy was offered and we accepted a place at St Stephens Carramar, year 7 2010. The girls applications are currently being processed. I don't want to tempt fate but with their brother going there they will be at the top of the list but until the place is offered I'm not counting any chickens.

I think if St Marks were to offer us a place I'd probably be reluctant to accept it as we have already splashed out a large non refundable deposit for SSS and is closer to where we live.

Good luck with St Marks though. I reckon you're in with a chance, you'll find out shortly after easter although even if turned down then you might get lucky as people offered a place decide not to part with the sizeable non refundable deposit. I think a lot of people are reviewing the private school option in the light of the economic situation - could work well for you.
I hope so Renth, I really hope so. I have a reasonable state option as back up too so all is a bit more rosy today. At least I am not crying into my tea this morning
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so Renth, I really hope so. I have a reasonable state option as back up too so all is a bit more rosy today. At least I am not crying into my tea this morning
I understand totally. Until we got offered the place at SSS we were stressing out BIG TIME about high schools (you know sleepless nights, thoughts about going back to UK). Particularly as I felt I'd been sensible and applied back in 04.

Good luck with the St Marks application.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I understand totally. Until we got offered the place at SSS we were stressing out BIG TIME about high schools (you know sleepless nights, thoughts about going back to UK). Particularly as I felt I'd been sensible and applied back in 04.

Good luck with the St Marks application.
I am sure your daughters will be fine, when will you know?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:46 am
(It's not my real name)

I am sure your daughters will be fine, when will you know?
Thanks, we'll know end of April. Probably get a St Marks offer too LOL, might cause a heated debate with the Mrs. who still favours St Marks over SSS (my first choice).
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

Thanks, we'll know end of April. Probably get a St Marks offer too LOL, might cause a heated debate with the Mrs. who still favours St Marks over SSS (my first choice).
Sure you will be fine. Good luck and hopefully we can all be sorted soon.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

looks like you may have to adopt Nbs kids then if you get an offer from St.Marks then.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:41 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by irishbloo
looks like you may have to adopt Nbs kids then if you get an offer from St.Marks then.
People do some crazy things to get their kids into their first choice school. The favourite for many parents hoping to get their kids into St Marks is to become regular churchgoers, until the place if offered for their child, then they stop going. Happens all the time.

Maybe that's where you are going wrong NB?? LOL, people suggested it to us but it's far too hypocritical IMO.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

People do some crazy things to get their kids into their first choice school. The favourite for many parents hoping to get their kids into St Marks is to become regular churchgoers, until the place if offered for their child, then they stop going. Happens all the time.

Maybe that's where you are going wrong NB?? LOL, people suggested it to us but it's far too hypocritical IMO.
We couldn't do it either. We didn't get married in church and neither of our girls are christened. We would have felt complete hypocrites.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:50 am
(It's not my real name)

We couldn't do it either. We didn't get married in church and neither of our girls are christened. We would have felt complete hypocrites.
Our kids are Christened and we are believers, just not regular church goers.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Our kids are Christened and we are believers, just not regular church goers.
I'd do it if it meant getting them in the right school.
I'm ashamed to admit it but it's a sad indictment of the crap education system in WA.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

People do all manner of crazy things when it comes to their kids. You should watch the BBC show "The Madness of Modern Families" being shown here on the Lifestyle channel - it always makes me laugh.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:07 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by hoveactually
People do all manner of crazy things when it comes to their kids. You should watch the BBC show "The Madness of Modern Families" being shown here on the Lifestyle channel - it always makes me laugh.
I'll have to check it out, thanks.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I'm ashamed to admit it but it's a sad indictment of the crap education system in WA.

Yep ! Thats what we did

Nicky
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I wish I could do it but I just can't. The guilt over the hypocrisy wouldn't sit well with me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.