Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private Schools Perth North of River

Private Schools Perth North of River

Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Private Schools Perth North of River

I don't want to get into a debate about schooling on this thread but just wanted to warn new parents when coming over to consider their schooling options VERY carefully before they decide where to settle. I have today learnt that it is highly unlikely I will be able to get my daughter into the school I have had her name down at for almost 3 years. The other private schools in the area are either a) not an option for us due to religious differences or b) not even able to get on the waiting list 3 years ago.

I am now in a position that my daughter goes into year 8 in 2011 and the only option for high school at present is possibly the worst school in the northern suburbs.

Please consider very carefully.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:25 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Private Schools Perth North of River

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't want to get into a debate about schooling on this thread but just wanted to warn new parents when coming over to consider their schooling options VERY carefully before they decide where to settle. I have today learnt that it is highly unlikely I will be able to get my daughter into the school I have had her name down at for almost 3 years. The other private schools in the area are either a) not an option for us due to religious differences or b) not even able to get on the waiting list 3 years ago.

I am now in a position that my daughter goes into year 8 in 2011 and the only option for high school at present is possibly the worst school in the northern suburbs.

My nephew is in what is deemed a "bad school" in Scotland but has just done a higher maths exam in 3rd year along with 3 others the exam is normally done in 5th year, he's doing great and thriving.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
My nephew is in what is deemed a "bad school" in Scotland but has just done a higher maths exam in 3rd year along with 3 others the exam is normally done in 5th year, he's doing great and thriving.
I appreciate what you are saying and each child is individual. A bright child IMO will generally thrive in most places. However my daughter needs a structure, discipline and a little push. She will not get these things at our catchment high school.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:42 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I appreciate what you are saying and each child is individual. A bright child IMO will generally thrive in most places. However my daughter needs a structure, discipline and a little push. She will not get these things at our catchment high school.
Yeh i know what you mean my daughter to needs that push at school, is there no way you can get her into anywhere else, use a friends address?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Very good advice. I wish we had known about the issues with high school before we chose where to settle. We made the mistake of focusing on primary schools because our oldest was only 9 at the time.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter has the same needs.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

One of a parent's biggest worries. I hope you get it sorted C. Until you get a definite no, there's always hope presumably.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:33 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
One of a parent's biggest worries. I hope you get it sorted C. Until you get a definite no, there's always hope presumably.
I have to try and come up with an alternative though Penny as otherwise I will leave it to late and be lumbered with the local state school which quite frankly isn't really an option. I can't even begin to tell you what a crap day I have had. This is just so important and I can't do anything about it
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Heljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to behold

I have to try and come up with an alternative though Penny as otherwise I will leave it to late and be lumbered with the local state school which quite frankly isn't really an option. I can't even begin to tell you what a crap day I have had. This is just so important and I can't do anything about it
Have you no choice but to stay where you are? I'd move mountains to ensure my children didn't go to a crap school.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:13 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Heljinder
Have you no choice but to stay where you are? I'd move mountains to ensure my children didn't go to a crap school.
Some say there is always choice but I don't believe we have a choice. When I am able I would fill out as many out of catchment applications for the better schools as I can muster. I still have one private school to hear back from, I am on a short waiting list and the registrar has told me there is still hope so that makes me feel better. We looked at moving but in the current market we can't afford. We looked at renting ours out and renting in catchment for a better school but we can't afford to do that either as rent on our house would no way cover our mortgage. We have exhausted all trains of thought.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kez81
Yeh i know what you mean my daughter to needs that push at school, is there no way you can get her into anywhere else, use a friends address?
Beware of using others addresses. Many good state high schools do periodical checks asking for proof of address. Parents who have paid a premium to live in a good school catchment areas get pissed off with the 'scamers' who lie to get in and as a result put pressure on the school to sort it out, especially if the classes are overcrowded.

My only suggestion is to apply out of catchment area - you never know your luck.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:14 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a bit unfair on Clarkson that ...

Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
And what's that supposed to mean? My children go to Clarkson and are doing just fine, thank you. Your children are still kindy and younger, aren't they? What exactly do you know about Clarkson, or any high school? How much personal experience do you have?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Compared to Wanneroo SHS, Clarkson CHS actually did quite well! - 15.39% in the top third against 4.55% ( LJBC 20.43%).
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:31 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

... *taps nose* ...

Originally Posted by Dorothy
And what's that supposed to mean? My children go to Clarkson and are doing just fine, thank you. Your children are still kindy and younger, aren't they? What exactly do you know about Clarkson, or any high school? How much personal experience do you have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.