Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Place Down Under

A Place Down Under

Old May 16th 2007, 12:09 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Place Down Under

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
she's moving to melbourne mate
Nah she went to Brisbane I believe. I loved the Skeggs best family on it so down to earth.

They were all filmed for months, I defy anyone not to have a moan in that time especially with the trauma of starting a new life.

The only family I wasn't a fan of were the welsh family who moved to Melbourne. I couldn't get my head around the fact that they had a barbie and only invited welsh people. Now surely the whole point of leaving Wales would be to get away from the welsh
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Epsilon is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have this series on DVD? We missed some of the Singleton/Russell episodes. Will pay cost of DVD/postage if anyone can help.
Thanks
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Daviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really nice

Hi this is Tony from the Welsh family. Only just found this thread.
Just to let you know we had a barbie for the welsh crowd and the aussie neighbours but the film crew wanted to make out it was for the welsh only. You need to understand this show was heavily edited and a lot of stuff was changed to fit in with them. Although there was no script a run down of things to do and say was worked through before filming. I am sorry to hear you didnt like us but we have had a lot of positive comments from everyone else.
Thanks
Tony Davies

Originally Posted by fraser
Nah she went to Brisbane I believe. I loved the Skeggs best family on it so down to earth.

They were all filmed for months, I defy anyone not to have a moan in that time especially with the trauma of starting a new life.

The only family I wasn't a fan of were the welsh family who moved to Melbourne. I couldn't get my head around the fact that they had a barbie and only invited welsh people. Now surely the whole point of leaving Wales would be to get away from the welsh
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:42 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

> Chucks Fraser a shovel......................
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:33 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daviesfamily
Hi this is Tony from the Welsh family. Only just found this thread.
Just to let you know we had a barbie for the welsh crowd and the aussie neighbours but the film crew wanted to make out it was for the welsh only. You need to understand this show was heavily edited and a lot of stuff was changed to fit in with them. Although there was no script a run down of things to do and say was worked through before filming. I am sorry to hear you didnt like us but we have had a lot of positive comments from everyone else.
Thanks
Tony Davies
Hey Tony no worries, you were just a family on the TV you're probably very nice, despite your welshness

No offence meant

PS. Are you guys still in skye and do you like it?

Last edited by fraser; Feb 6th 2008 at 6:38 am.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:38 am
Just Joined

naomif is on a distinguished road

Hi,

If you have missed them just go to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer and you can search for them ad view them for free!

Naomi
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Daviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really nice

Hi
Yes we are still in Skye, we built a house there after the filming finished.
We love it here.
Things have changed for us since we did the show. Jason my son has since joined the Australian army as a paratrooper and is serving in East Timor.
Natalie my daughter has had a daughter so I am now a grandfather.
It would be cool if we could do an update show because we meet people all the time asking us about the show.
We will be going back to the UK for a holiday in July if anyone wants to meet up with us to discuss anything, we will be happy to chat.
I thought you might like to know I am half English (dispite my welshness).
Thank again
Tony the KISS fan

Hey Tony no worries, you were just a family on the TV you're probably very nice, despite your welshness

No offence meant

PS. Are you guys still in skye and do you like it?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Daviesfamily
Hi
Yes we are still in Skye, we built a house there after the filming finished.
We love it here.
Things have changed for us since we did the show. Jason my son has since joined the Australian army as a paratrooper and is serving in East Timor.
Natalie my daughter has had a daughter so I am now a grandfather.
It would be cool if we could do an update show because we meet people all the time asking us about the show.
We will be going back to the UK for a holiday in July if anyone wants to meet up with us to discuss anything, we will be happy to chat.
I thought you might like to know I am half English (dispite my welshness).
Thank again
Tony the KISS fan
Congratulations Grandad

Glad you like where you built, we were going to live in Skye, ended up building in Point Cook.