Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future
Default Re: Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Originally Posted by marcusthe
Perth = Hell on earth and a long way from anywhere. Why would anyone in their right mind move there? They need to get their heads tested.
Mmm, for me it's where my job is. When the job is done in a couple of years max, off I go to the next place!
Old Mar 8th 2012, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

smidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nice

I havent read all 8 pages, but just to mention, I drink a lot in a bar, sometimes from afternoon to close, and it could be 10 pints. So im usually fairly well gone by the time I leave. And I have never been asked to leave.

The east coast is much more strict than Perth.

And perhaps you should try Fremantle. I much prefer the bar scene there.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcusthe
Perth = Hell on earth and a long way from anywhere. Why would anyone in their right mind move there? They need to get their heads tested.
maybe its the beautiful weather, beaches and positive attitudes of its people. Not to mention that salary is 2.5x UK equivelent in my field of work.
Big roads, loads of free parking, slower and safer drivers, more recognition of acheivements at work and easyer work. Bigger houses than the uk, less bills eg council tax, mot, etc. Cheaper universitys, access to the ocean so boating and jet skiing and other sports are possible.

Just a few things that spring to mind
Old Mar 9th 2012, 9:06 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
safer drivers,
your argument was so credible until this point.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 10:28 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cubeonly
Sorry to all for negative orig post, but that's what these forums are for - to speak your mind, plus me being me I wear my heart on my sleeve and don't mince my words.

Anyone know is there a pub in Perth I can walk in to, spend-up in there, then fall out of in to a waiting taxi, for the weekends? My pub experience so far is that if I have two beers the bar staff start looking at me as if I'm a criminal, then after the third they look in to my eyes and tell me they're glazed so I am pissed and must leave the premises!
is your name Frank Gallagher?
Old Mar 9th 2012, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by love30stm
is your name Frank Gallagher?
Yes, darling.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by cubeonly
Yes, darling.
That expains it
Old Mar 9th 2012, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Cherry ripe
Maybe because People in Perth use bars as a way of relaxing and not as a way to lose their use of their limbs. If that is how you are wanting to use you weekends then may I suggest Manchester, Leeds,Liverpool,Glasgow. In fact any major city in the uk!!!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by dave99
maybe its the beautiful weather, beaches and positive attitudes of its people. Not to mention that salary is 2.5x UK equivelent in my field of work.
Big roads, loads of free parking, slower and safer drivers, more recognition of acheivements at work and easyer work. Bigger houses than the uk, less bills eg council tax, mot, etc. Cheaper universitys, access to the ocean so boating and jet skiing and other sports are possible.

Just a few things that spring to mind
sounds wonderful
Old Mar 9th 2012, 10:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
sounds wonderful
Sounds like a different Australia from the one I'm in.

Hot and humid, police nicking you for walking in the road but ignoring the cars blocking the pavement, long overtime hours then bosses renege on the promise to pay you, and buses that charge you double for your trip cos their machine is faulty when you get off! And thats just this week
Old Mar 10th 2012, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I think the point has been sadly missed here. It has nothing to do with getting shit faced as you term it. More a case of some folk having the option to be able to socialize in a congenial enviroment while be able to have a few drinks.
There are a few places but all to few. Most prefer to cater for the under 30s or so.Not everybody over 45 is wanting to remain indoors everynight watching tv in their pjs and slippers.
I agree..

I don't know anywhere where you would be turned down service after 3 drinks...

unless you looked like a chav or a bogan...
Old Mar 10th 2012, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sounds like a different Australia from the one I'm in.

Hot and humid, police nicking you for walking in the road but ignoring the cars blocking the pavement, long overtime hours then bosses renege on the promise to pay you, and buses that charge you double for your trip cos their machine is faulty when you get off! And thats just this week
Sounds like your list and the other list are not mutually exclusive...!
Old Mar 10th 2012, 2:24 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Speaking of Perth... how are the house prices these days?
Attached Thumbnails Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring-medianprice_chartv2011.gif  
Old Mar 10th 2012, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

Pennines49 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hell on earth is probably Mogadishu
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:05 am
Just Joined

jackbean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crap coffee
so am I..

actually, aus is the worst country I've been mind you..............
NZ is the worst for me.

Btw this forum topic could do with a few more adjectives. So hard to get what the OP thinks about Perth...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.