British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-uptight-stuffy-dull-boring-748889/)

cubeonly Feb 18th 2012 8:24 am

Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

How's that for a one-line description of a place.

Moved here in December from England but won't be staying for long.

Over 50's not welcome in bars and clubs. Over 50s like to go out on the town you know.

Bullshit place, Perth. Full of corporate stuffy types, very uptight. If you're thinking of moving here from UK, and you like a bit of nightlife or are are single status over 50, forget it!

Micro30 Feb 18th 2012 8:44 am

Re: Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

You've only been here 2 months. Maybe you haven't been visiting the right areas?

Though with your attitude maybe you are better off elsewhere. Perpetuating the general "whinging Pom" vibe that Aussies get and all.

Cheers!

cubeonly Feb 18th 2012 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Micro30 (Post 9908531)
You've only been here 2 months. Maybe you haven't been visiting the right areas?

Though with your attitude maybe you are better off elsewhere. Perpetuating the general "whinging Pom" vibe that Aussies get and all.

Cheers!

Sure, may be! I'll give it at least 12 months so who knows. . . where am I right now? - see above.

Off to see Lady Gaga in July - that's a plus!

Pollyana Feb 18th 2012 8:52 am

:popcorn::popcorn::scarper:

Margaret3 Feb 18th 2012 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9908548)
:popcorn::popcorn::scarper:

:lol: no escape for you, you'll have to stay and moderate:p

Pollyana Feb 18th 2012 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Margaret3 (Post 9908550)
:lol: no escape for you, you'll have to stay and moderate:p

Naaa I'm gonna watch Wolf creek again, have a few beers then wander back later with my broom and sweep up the mess :sneaky:

cubeonly Feb 18th 2012 9:05 am

Sorry to all for negative orig post, but that's what these forums are for - to speak your mind, plus me being me I wear my heart on my sleeve and don't mince my words.

Anyone know is there a pub in Perth I can walk in to, spend-up in there, then fall out of in to a waiting taxi, for the weekends? My pub experience so far is that if I have two beers the bar staff start looking at me as if I'm a criminal, then after the third they look in to my eyes and tell me they're glazed so I am pissed and must leave the premises!

Tramps_mate Feb 18th 2012 9:09 am

Originally Posted by cubeonly (Post 9908561)
Sorry to all for negative orig post, but that's what these forums are for - to speak your mind, plus me being me I wear my heart on my sleeve and don't mince my words.

Anyone know is there a pub in Perth I can walk in to, spend-up in there, then fall out of in to a waiting taxi, for the weekends? My pub experience so far is that if I have two beers the bar staff start looking at me as if I'm a criminal, then after the third they look in to my eyes and tell me they're glazed so I am pissed and must leave the premises!

You actually been asked to leave after 3 beers?!!!:ohmy::blink:

Cherry ripe Feb 18th 2012 9:10 am

Originally Posted by cubeonly (Post 9908561)

Maybe because People in Perth use bars as a way of relaxing and not as a way to lose their use of their limbs. If that is how you are wanting to use you weekends then may I suggest Manchester, Leeds,Liverpool,Glasgow. In fact any major city in the uk!!!

cubeonly Feb 18th 2012 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate (Post 9908566)

Yep. Hence my description "uptight, stuffy"

cubeonly Feb 18th 2012 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Cherry ripe (Post 9908567)
Maybe because People in Perth use bars as a way of relaxing and not as a way to lose their use of their limbs. If that is how you are wanting to use you weekends then may I suggest Manchester, Leeds,Liverpool,Glasgow. In fact any major city in the uk!!!

That's fine but it's imposed on all, hence my description "uptight, stuffy"

Grayling Feb 18th 2012 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Cherry ripe (Post 9908567)
Maybe because People in Perth use bars as a way of relaxing and not as a way to lose their use of their limbs.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

How touchingly naive

dave99 Feb 18th 2012 9:44 am

I lived in Perth for about 4 years and never once got asked to leave a pub, never found them stuffy either, quite the opposite.

If your after more of an englandy feel try durty nellys www.durtynellys.com.au its hidden away on a side street and has a great vibe at nights, good food to.

Perth is not like england and trying to look for the same things that you used to do in england is a mistake, you have to change you attitude and look for other things. I am back in the UK now and everywhere I go theres a million people crammed in.
I wish I was back in perth so I didnt have to queue for 20minutes just to get served in a pub, not to mention finding a bloody table to sit down at is difficult

Amazulu Feb 18th 2012 10:02 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cubeonly (Post 9908509)
How's that for a one-line description of a place.

Moved here in December from England but won't be staying for long.

Over 50's not welcome in bars and clubs. Over 50s like to go out on the town you know.

Bullshit place, Perth. Full of corporate stuffy types, very uptight. If you're thinking of moving here from UK, and you like a bit of nightlife or are are single status over 50, forget it!

DeadVim Feb 18th 2012 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate (Post 9908566)

Indeed, with an attitude like that I'm surprised they got to finish the first one.