Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Old Feb 18th 2012, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future
Default Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

How's that for a one-line description of a place.

Moved here in December from England but won't be staying for long.

Over 50's not welcome in bars and clubs. Over 50s like to go out on the town you know.

Bullshit place, Perth. Full of corporate stuffy types, very uptight. If you're thinking of moving here from UK, and you like a bit of nightlife or are are single status over 50, forget it!

Last edited by cubeonly; Feb 18th 2012 at 8:27 am.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Micro30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

You've only been here 2 months. Maybe you haven't been visiting the right areas?

Though with your attitude maybe you are better off elsewhere. Perpetuating the general "whinging Pom" vibe that Aussies get and all.

Cheers!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Micro30
You've only been here 2 months. Maybe you haven't been visiting the right areas?

Though with your attitude maybe you are better off elsewhere. Perpetuating the general "whinging Pom" vibe that Aussies get and all.

Cheers!
Sure, may be! I'll give it at least 12 months so who knows. . . where am I right now? - see above.

Off to see Lady Gaga in July - that's a plus!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 8:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 18th 2012, 8:53 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
no escape for you, you'll have to stay and moderate
Old Feb 18th 2012, 8:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
no escape for you, you'll have to stay and moderate
Naaa I'm gonna watch Wolf creek again, have a few beers then wander back later with my broom and sweep up the mess
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Sorry to all for negative orig post, but that's what these forums are for - to speak your mind, plus me being me I wear my heart on my sleeve and don't mince my words.

Anyone know is there a pub in Perth I can walk in to, spend-up in there, then fall out of in to a waiting taxi, for the weekends? My pub experience so far is that if I have two beers the bar staff start looking at me as if I'm a criminal, then after the third they look in to my eyes and tell me they're glazed so I am pissed and must leave the premises!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cubeonly
Sorry to all for negative orig post, but that's what these forums are for - to speak your mind, plus me being me I wear my heart on my sleeve and don't mince my words.

Anyone know is there a pub in Perth I can walk in to, spend-up in there, then fall out of in to a waiting taxi, for the weekends? My pub experience so far is that if I have two beers the bar staff start looking at me as if I'm a criminal, then after the third they look in to my eyes and tell me they're glazed so I am pissed and must leave the premises!
You actually been asked to leave after 3 beers?!!!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Cherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really nice

Maybe because People in Perth use bars as a way of relaxing and not as a way to lose their use of their limbs. If that is how you are wanting to use you weekends then may I suggest Manchester, Leeds,Liverpool,Glasgow. In fact any major city in the uk!!!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Yep. Hence my description "uptight, stuffy"
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cherry ripe
Maybe because People in Perth use bars as a way of relaxing and not as a way to lose their use of their limbs. If that is how you are wanting to use you weekends then may I suggest Manchester, Leeds,Liverpool,Glasgow. In fact any major city in the uk!!!
That's fine but it's imposed on all, hence my description "uptight, stuffy"

Last edited by cubeonly; Feb 18th 2012 at 9:17 am.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cherry ripe
Maybe because People in Perth use bars as a way of relaxing and not as a way to lose their use of their limbs.

How touchingly naive
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Perth for about 4 years and never once got asked to leave a pub, never found them stuffy either, quite the opposite.

If your after more of an englandy feel try durty nellys www.durtynellys.com.au its hidden away on a side street and has a great vibe at nights, good food to.

Perth is not like england and trying to look for the same things that you used to do in england is a mistake, you have to change you attitude and look for other things. I am back in the UK now and everywhere I go theres a million people crammed in.
I wish I was back in perth so I didnt have to queue for 20minutes just to get served in a pub, not to mention finding a bloody table to sit down at is difficult
Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

How's that for a one-line description of a place.

Moved here in December from England but won't be staying for long.

Over 50's not welcome in bars and clubs. Over 50s like to go out on the town you know.

Bullshit place, Perth. Full of corporate stuffy types, very uptight. If you're thinking of moving here from UK, and you like a bit of nightlife or are are single status over 50, forget it!
Attached Files
File Type: wav
burp_3.wav (2.6 KB, 161 views)
Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:08 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Indeed, with an attitude like that I'm surprised they got to finish the first one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.