Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz has problems just like the UK

Oz has problems just like the UK

Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

j and k has a spectacular aura aboutj and k has a spectacular aura aboutj and k has a spectacular aura about
Default Oz has problems just like the UK

Hi, we lived in Perth for 6 months in 2008..... then we'd had enough and came back!

Same s__t different toilet! comes to mind...

Ok there's a beach and sunshine but apart from that it's the same as anywhere.

No fairytale if you ask me (which i'm sure you won't, as most of you will be in we're going and that's that mode!!! just like us!!!)

My advise is to definately go on a recky first.

Is it really worth giving up on friends and family for a distant desert?

And to all those who are leaving the uk because of the immigration problems here........remember over there you'll be a pom! That's what i got on my first day at work: " That's whats gonna **** this country up!" NICE WELCOME
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

kooga is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oz has problems just like the UK

Originally Posted by j and k
Hi, we lived in Perth for 6 months in 2008..... then we'd had enough and came back!
Same s__t different toilet! comes to mind...

Ok there's a beach and sunshine but apart from that it's the same as anywhere.

No fairytale if you ask me (which i'm sure you won't, as most of you will be in we're going and that's that mode!!! just like us!!!)

My advise is to definately go on a recky first.

Is it really worth giving up on friends and family for a distant desert?

And to all those who are leaving the uk because of the immigration problems here........remember over there you'll be a pom! That's what i got on my first day at work: " That's whats gonna **** this country up!" NICE WELCOME
What was the negatives about Perth?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:00 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kooga
It's boring, isloated and backward.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
It's boring, isloated and backward.
Well, i come from a town in Wales of just under 20.000 people. Surely it cant be as boring as here
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:03 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Well, i come from a town in Wales of just under 20.000 people. Surely it cant be as boring as here
Is your town in Wales a five hour flight to the rest of civilisation?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Good point
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

j and k has a spectacular aura aboutj and k has a spectacular aura aboutj and k has a spectacular aura about

Flys,red backs,snakes,sharks,red necks,boredom of housing estates and malls,public schools are less than useless, medicare is less than useless,dental costs, private health costs,private school costs, property costs, aboriginal and white yobs and muggers/gangs, crime same as anywhere,hells angel gangs including the coffin chasers,snobbery-upper class and lower class, rubbish on all the road sides, graffiti.......................................... .................................................. ......................................apart from the things that bite ..same as here!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:07 pm
Banned

Good point
Don't get me wrong. I have been to Perth it's nice. But I am a traveller and I would find Perth too isolated to live.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Kooga you might like it??? dunno?? but if i was doing it all again i'd go east!

Good points of perth are the zoo and kings park.... and yes the beaches are lovely!

It's just society that's similar in many ways.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Distance comes in handy when it comes to mother in laws!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

We havent decided where we want to go yet as i need to pass my degree first. Wife is a nurse so we shouldnt have too much trouble finding employment.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Why create this thread now if all this happened nearly 2 years ago?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by 77hil
Why create this thread now if all this happened nearly 2 years ago?
Why not? Is there a time limit on posting after you move back to the UK?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Just curious I guess.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by 77hil
Just curious I guess.
Where in NSW are you off to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.