Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One for the ladies re hairdressers

One for the ladies re hairdressers

Old Oct 19th 2011, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

lenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nice
Default Re: One for the ladies re hairdressers

Amanda hair deign, Mooloolaba. Trained and was trainer for Tony & Guy, UK . Fab fab fab, tell her Lesley, old client now in Newcastle NSW sent you incase I can get a freebie. I would fly to her for a good haircut lol.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 8:12 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lenehan101
Amanda hair deign, Mooloolaba. Trained and was trainer for Tony & Guy, UK . Fab fab fab, tell her Lesley, old client now in Newcastle NSW sent you incase I can get a freebie. I would fly to her for a good haircut lol.
It's funny isn't it - I consider myself very low maintenance but at one stage actually considered flying to Singapore for a haircut and colour correction, when I had such terrible experiences in my first few months here

I go to T&G now. I've always been a bit anti "brand" salons where cutters cut but don't know how to mix a tint, and colour tecnhicians can't even do a blow-dry, but after having a really shit cut with an OK colour at one local place, and an OK cut with a colour so bad I wanted to cry at another (and I've never cried after a trip to the salon, and these guys were award winning, FFS) I decided to give them a go. Very happy with them, and travel across the harbour for them now we are on the south side. Any salon is only as good as its people but at least with T&G you know they are getting continuous education.

(I used to be a hair model so, yes, I'm fussy about my hair. Don't judge me )
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

I was really nervous about going to a hairdresser here as the only two times that I had my hair done in Oz resulted in disaster. One cut it way to short (it ended up from half way down my back to just by my ears, I only went in for a trim) and the other left my highlights in for too long and loads of my hair broke off, especially round the front.

I use Toni and Guy in Maroochydore now and couldn't be happier with them.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I am currently being quoted around $280!!!! for a full head of foils and a cut.
Hair is between chin and shoulder. 2 shops at the plaza and one in mooloolaba.

Might try Toni and Guy maroochydore, even they couldnt charge more than that - surely

I had my foils done with a english woman 2 months ago, furious about it, they started so far down the hair I already had 2cm of regrowth. Utter waste of money.

Used to have an aussie girl at stefan do it, she moved overseas
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:45 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I pay around $250 for a cut and full head of colour with a Style Director and the Senior Technician, Jad. I have a crop. Foils would obviously be a bit more for the labour they take.

The prices are on the website so I'm sure you could find similar for your location.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 3:13 am
Just Joined

Crispynoodle is an unknown quantity at this point

Just on the good or bad hairdressers I recently met an English woman who said she could make my hair a white blonde the salons here don't seem to favor.

She was employed by a lovely woman whom I presumed must have checked her credentials. From the moment I sat in the chair I knew I was doomed. My hair has never lookd so appaling. I laughed thEn almost cried - it was a disgrace. She has since been fired, but it was disappointing to see a so called Brit and well trained woman impersonating a hairdresser.

How she conned her way into a good salon I don't know. She cost the business a huge sum, going so far as cutting off brand new extensions. How do these con artists sleep at night?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 3:24 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crispynoodle
Just on the good or bad hairdressers I recently met an English woman who said she could make my hair a white blonde :
WTF! Why would you want your hair white? The problem is you went to a good salon try one where bogans frequent.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

My first trip to the hairdressers here was awful, I was having my highlights touched up but ended up with yellow hair that he had also cut too short and it stuck out at strange angles and went really dry and it was like having a haystack on my head really.

That was at some expensive salon in CBD too. Since then I have been going to a local on northern beaches, an Australian and she does a great job with the colours. Phew.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Crispynoodle is an unknown quantity at this point

Same as mine! I wanted clean white blonde highlights but this con woman left me brown with yellow ugh!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried many local hairdressers in all the various places I've lived but no-one ever compared to the one I have been going to for over 6 years now. She is way across the city, it takes me 50 minutes to drive there but she is worth it. She is an amazing cutter and a good colourist. She is Australian but has lived and worked in Holland for a few years. I only go 3 or 4 times a year because of the trek incolved but she cuts mynhair so well that it grows back looking great and I can afford to wait.

I reckon, when you find a good one, stick with them!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Try Salon H2D at Mudjimba Beach, British owned, lots of Experience and very well priced, getting a great reputation on the Coast this salon
Old Jan 6th 2012, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Managed to pay just short of $400 once for a cut and foils at Oscars!!! - brilliant colour, so-so cut. Despite having relatively short hair and just wanting roots re-touched, it's always a 'full head' here
So now I go to Toni and Guy as a model. They're slow 'cos they're learning, but fully supervised, very cheap ($25 for a hair cut) and I'm happy with the results. They do understand about cutting curly hair which is a bonus
Old Mar 29th 2012, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

Just wondering if anyone has any more recommendations on a decently priced/good hairdresser. I live at The Gap in Brisbane but am prepared to drive a reasonable distance for a good cut. My last hairdresser has left Brisbane. Sod's law when you find a good one! Same thing just happened with my dentist.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

In too urgent a need for a haircut so have taken the plunge and made an appointment at a salon called Inch in Paddington. The owner used to work as a senior stylist at Stelios Papas in Toowong. He got some good reviews in a couple of hair forums online so I shall keep you updated.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 4:50 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
My first trip to the hairdressers here was awful, I was having my highlights touched up but ended up with yellow hair that he had also cut too short and it stuck out at strange angles and went really dry and it was like having a haystack on my head really.

That was at some expensive salon in CBD too. Since then I have been going to a local on northern beaches, an Australian and she does a great job with the colours. Phew.
My first experience was at a salon in Freo and it wasthe worst haircut in my life.

Got a nice one now in Peppermint Grove though and very reasonable too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.