British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   One for the ladies re hairdressers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/one-ladies-re-hairdressers-735726/)

lizzieq Oct 15th 2011 8:25 am

One for the ladies re hairdressers

Any suggestions for a good/reasonably priced hairdresser on the sunshine coast would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone

eddie007 Oct 16th 2011 5:06 am

Re: One for the ladies re hairdressers

Originally Posted by lizzieq (Post 9676067)
Any suggestions for a good/reasonably priced hairdresser on the sunshine coast would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Good hairdresser in Stralia?

Hmmmmm....

Thinks very hard......

You'd be hard pushed to find one

Wendy Oct 16th 2011 6:05 am

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9677332)
Good hairdresser in Stralia?

Hmmmmm....

Thinks very hard......

You'd be hard pushed to find one

I have a fantastic hairdresser...she in South Australia though :p (and she's English! :lol:)

eddie007 Oct 16th 2011 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 9677386)
I have a fantastic hairdresser...she in South Australia though :p (and she's English! :lol:)

Twas bumping for a newbie....

Sure there are excellent hairdressers here... usually pommies... But I'm in perf so of no use to you....

Wendy Oct 16th 2011 6:15 am

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9677393)
Twas bumping for a newbie....

Sure there are excellent hairdressers here... usually pommies... But I'm in perf so of no use to you....

You never know! I may just come across for a look one day :)

lizzieq Oct 16th 2011 7:07 am

Sorry - don't understand the Stralia connection?
And by the way - this is a serious question and I do realise I may be asking for too much but can't afford to fly back to the uk every 6 weeks!!

rozellem Oct 16th 2011 8:24 am

I am a hairdresser in Sydney and a old colleague I worked with in London has a home salon in Aspley. Cant see where you live, so you have to work out if it is too far from you. She is very good at what she does and just lovely in general. Give me a shout if you want her details.

lizzieq Oct 16th 2011 9:11 am

thank you so much for that. Am north of Brisbane near Noosa so Aspley a bit far but if I get desperate even that would be worth the journey!
Thanks for taking the time to respond. My daughter is in Sydney and is always on the lookout for a good hairdresser. Where are you based?

Kooky. Oct 16th 2011 9:58 am

My stylist and colorist (in Sydney) are both English. I had a couple of horrific experiences before I found them, so I have a theory most of the decent Aussies leave the country :)

(Did briefly have a great Kiwi stylist but he moved to Melbourne.)

SillyOldBag Oct 16th 2011 8:57 pm

I struggled when I first came over to find a good hairdresser. You know when you've just had your hair done, it usually never looks or feels better til the next time you go, well I was coming away with my hair feeling yuck and not that lovely shine to it! I just put it down to me being unlucky rather than it being a general trend. Anyway, I eventually found a really good aussie hairdresser - turns out he spent a fair bit of time working in London so maybe that made the difference. He certainly is always going on courses and trips away to keep up to date with the latest trends and whatnot.

RachH Oct 16th 2011 9:16 pm

I used to live in Coolum and used a Danish hairdresser who was brilliant. If you do a search for Ursin DK hair salon - they are in Birtwill Street....

lizzieq Oct 17th 2011 4:56 am

Hi Rach - was it a particular hairdresser at Ursin. Coolums only a short drive away so that sounds promising. Thanks for the info

cookem Oct 17th 2011 9:20 pm

My sisters salon in Northlakes.

She is very good. Many years experience. I'm bald, but know that she is very good even if she is my sister!!!:-

http://emmahemsleyhairdressing.com/

lizzieq Oct 17th 2011 9:29 pm

Thanks cooken - looks a lovely salon but unfortunately just a tad too far from Noosa.
Thanks again for the suggestion though

RachH Oct 18th 2011 12:27 am

Originally Posted by lizzieq (Post 9678854)
Hi Rach - was it a particular hairdresser at Ursin. Coolums only a short drive away so that sounds promising. Thanks for the info

Hi there - yes i used to use Katrina who owns the salon but there is a lady there called Robbie who is also UK trained and i have heard that shes good too.

Cheers