Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One for the ladies re hairdressers

One for the ladies re hairdressers

Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:25 am
Just Joined

lizzieq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One for the ladies re hairdressers

Any suggestions for a good/reasonably priced hairdresser on the sunshine coast would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone
Old Oct 16th 2011, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One for the ladies re hairdressers

Originally Posted by lizzieq
Any suggestions for a good/reasonably priced hairdresser on the sunshine coast would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone
Good hairdresser in Stralia?

Hmmmmm....

Thinks very hard......

You'd be hard pushed to find one
Old Oct 16th 2011, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Good hairdresser in Stralia?

Hmmmmm....

Thinks very hard......

You'd be hard pushed to find one
I have a fantastic hairdresser...she in South Australia though (and she's English! )
Old Oct 16th 2011, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I have a fantastic hairdresser...she in South Australia though (and she's English! )
Twas bumping for a newbie....

Sure there are excellent hairdressers here... usually pommies... But I'm in perf so of no use to you....
Old Oct 16th 2011, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Twas bumping for a newbie....

Sure there are excellent hairdressers here... usually pommies... But I'm in perf so of no use to you....
You never know! I may just come across for a look one day
Old Oct 16th 2011, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Sorry - don't understand the Stralia connection?
And by the way - this is a serious question and I do realise I may be asking for too much but can't afford to fly back to the uk every 6 weeks!!
Old Oct 16th 2011, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of

I am a hairdresser in Sydney and a old colleague I worked with in London has a home salon in Aspley. Cant see where you live, so you have to work out if it is too far from you. She is very good at what she does and just lovely in general. Give me a shout if you want her details.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 9:11 am
Just Joined

thank you so much for that. Am north of Brisbane near Noosa so Aspley a bit far but if I get desperate even that would be worth the journey!
Thanks for taking the time to respond. My daughter is in Sydney and is always on the lookout for a good hairdresser. Where are you based?
Old Oct 16th 2011, 9:58 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

My stylist and colorist (in Sydney) are both English. I had a couple of horrific experiences before I found them, so I have a theory most of the decent Aussies leave the country

(Did briefly have a great Kiwi stylist but he moved to Melbourne.)
Old Oct 16th 2011, 8:57 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I struggled when I first came over to find a good hairdresser. You know when you've just had your hair done, it usually never looks or feels better til the next time you go, well I was coming away with my hair feeling yuck and not that lovely shine to it! I just put it down to me being unlucky rather than it being a general trend. Anyway, I eventually found a really good aussie hairdresser - turns out he spent a fair bit of time working in London so maybe that made the difference. He certainly is always going on courses and trips away to keep up to date with the latest trends and whatnot.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

RachH will become famous soon enoughRachH will become famous soon enough

I used to live in Coolum and used a Danish hairdresser who was brilliant. If you do a search for Ursin DK hair salon - they are in Birtwill Street....
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:56 am
Just Joined

Hi Rach - was it a particular hairdresser at Ursin. Coolums only a short drive away so that sounds promising. Thanks for the info
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

cookem is an unknown quantity at this point

My sisters salon in Northlakes.

She is very good. Many years experience. I'm bald, but know that she is very good even if she is my sister!!!:-

http://emmahemsleyhairdressing.com/
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks cooken - looks a lovely salon but unfortunately just a tad too far from Noosa.
Thanks again for the suggestion though
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

RachH will become famous soon enoughRachH will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lizzieq
Hi Rach - was it a particular hairdresser at Ursin. Coolums only a short drive away so that sounds promising. Thanks for the info
Hi there - yes i used to use Katrina who owns the salon but there is a lady there called Robbie who is also UK trained and i have heard that shes good too.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.