Nissan X Trail

Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:09 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nissan X Trail

Originally Posted by aus2be_OH
How many people do you know actually buy car they NEED as opposed to buying cars they LIKE? If everyone bought cars that were purely functional we'd all be driving around in the smallest (for our needs), most economical car around. It's just that some people LIKE to buy a 4x4, as opposed to a Commodore, Fiesta, Barina <insert any car here>. Whether they actually drive it off road is neither here nor there, IMHO.

The majority of people purchase things with their heart, then later, justify that purchase with their head.
True..but it was in the relation to buying "A REAL FOURBY LIKE A DISCO" Because...Like it really matters LOL!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:45 am
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hevs
True..but it was in the relation to buying "A REAL FOURBY LIKE A DISCO" Because...Like it really matters LOL!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:27 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

well i'm in the UK, i drive an old (99) Rangie, its done 135k "MILES" (about 10million Kms) 30+ of which have been off road (i mean proper off road, not that gravel track stuff that Aussies refer to as "off road"), when i was in Aus last year i rented a Skoobie Forester for four weeks and clocked up over 6,000 km (about 100miles i think), and i must admit i was quite impressed until, i got to a large puddle which came up to the bumper and the car died with fright
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:41 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
well i'm in the UK, i drive an old (99) Rangie, its done 135k "MILES" (about 10million Kms) 30+ of which have been off road (i mean proper off road, not that gravel track stuff that Aussies refer to as "off road"), when i was in Aus last year i rented a Skoobie Forester for four weeks and clocked up over 6,000 km (about 100miles i think), and i must admit i was quite impressed until, i got to a large puddle which came up to the bumper and the car died with fright
Well it may surprise you but most places in Australia actually have tarmacked roads and most of the 4wds here never venture off them.

G
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
I surely have too much time on my hands......
Now I dont want to challenge your figures but....
If you drove this 4x4 Landie between 1999 and 2008 doing 30,000 miles
Making the assumption that 'proper-proper' off road driving you
would average around 5 mph, and you drove it five days a week every week for nine years.
(With 6 weeks off for holidays, Christmas and annual leave etc)
-You would have spent 6000 hours driving off-road in that time.
-Thats 666 hours per year
Nearly three hours solid 'off road' per day!
Tell me you're an "Essex farmer"!
HKA
x
PS Just a bit of fun!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:53 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
I surely have too much time on my hands......
Now I dont want to challenge your figures but....
If you drove this 4x4 Landie between 1999 and 2008 doing 30,000 miles
Making the assumption that 'proper-proper' off road driving you
would average around 5 mph, and you drove it five days a week every week for nine years.
(With 6 weeks off for holidays, Christmas and annual leave etc)
-You would have spent 6000 hours driving off-road in that time.
-Thats 666 hours per year
Nearly three hours solid 'off road' per day!
Tell me you're an "Essex farmer"!
HKA
x
PS Just a bit of fun!
I thought he meant 30+ as in 32 or 33, not 30,000
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie Dreams will become famous soon enough

Hate it!

Bought one when we got here mid 07 a ST-S 2007
Can't off road for Sh*t ok on the beach but the beach access provides fun.
Suspension is so soft its horrid.
We keep our in 2wd for all high way work unless heavy rain. much more responsive.
I wheel spins really easily (2wd) if you are at the lights in the rain.
You load it up and the headlights guide in planes on the highway.
No air-con vents in the back we have put privacy glass style tint on the back three quarters and darkest legal on the front it helps a little.
The air-con is a con on any day in the sun over 29 it's like an asthmatic mouse blowing through a straw, when there is no sun its good in the front but you need the fan high 2 is not enough 3 to much, frustrating.
Pulled over on the side of the road onto grass to watch some ospray's once bit bumpy so took it gentle leaving to join road. Got stuck on dry grass due to opposite axle lift had to push car off even with 4wd lock on.
Build quality is very bad sit in drivers seat with head rest raised. lean head against head rest and feel how seat flex's in mid spine god help me in a crash.

Wife loves it though!

If you want a soft roader with any degree of off road by a Suzuki grand vitara
my mate hired a 2.0 one and we went every where in it. It has low range too.

Other than that get ABS and traction control you'll be amazed how a soft roader, off roads with traction control.

If you intend to do no off road buy a camry or a corolla you'll save heaps on petrol and be more comfortable.

Sorry but i hate it!!!!!

Good luck though.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:40 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussie Dreams
If you intend to do no off road buy a camry or a corolla you'll save heaps on petrol and be more comfortable.
Sorry to be picky, but we have both. The camry uses the same, if not a bit more fuel than the Xtrail
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:04 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abertawe
We test drove a new Nissan X Trail this morning and thought it was a good drive compared to the Honda CRV.

But I am looking for the views of those who have a Nissan X Trail or another 4x4.

Are you happy with it, what are its pros and cons
think your right re the CRV comparison. I have a CRV sport, automatic and I love it but love my mates Nissan X trail more.. just feels much bigger to manouvre though but that's me being a girl

must say havent really been offroad in the X trail, been everwhere we can possibly get in the CRV... mind you OH is ex rally driver it helps
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:24 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to be picky, but we have both. The camry uses the same, if not a bit more fuel than the Xtrail

We have a Patrol as well as the Subaru.

The patrol is a good off road car but is horrible to drive on roads.

The Subaru is a nice road car and has plenty of room for my gear.

I don't see the point of a big 4wd if most of your driving is on tarmacked roads.

G
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield (UK) -> Kitchener (Canada) -> Perth (Aus)
DimWit17 is an unknown quantity at this point

We bought a brand new 2007 model about exactly a year ago for $28k (got it cheap as they were clearing out the old model...). It had only 7 kms on the odometer. My wife basically drives the car around more than I do as I travel to work by bus.

I have to say that I was surprised by the fuel economy on the X-trail. Compared to the CRV and RAV4, the X-trail is much much better. It may not be the best looking but its a better all rounder to the competition.

The next step up for us would be the Prado as I use it for work sometimes and I love it. I would love the 7/8 seats too.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Aussie Dreams will become famous soon enough

I was referring to the 4cyl camry. Based on experience In my neck of the woods.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be interested to know if anybody's been able to get a definitive answer on whether the X-Trail (T31/2008) has *proper* "recovery points"

I'm led to believe that unless you've got proper recovery points and a recovery kit (snatch strap) then nobody would be willing to help you if you got stuck in sand etc

That said, a mate of mine goes to Bribie Island all the time in his X-trail and reckons it's great on the sand - just need to let the tyres down a bit.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:19 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tictac
I'd be interested to know if anybody's been able to get a definitive answer on whether the X-Trail (T31/2008) has *proper* "recovery points"

I'm led to believe that unless you've got proper recovery points and a recovery kit (snatch strap) then nobody would be willing to help you if you got stuck in sand etc

That said, a mate of mine goes to Bribie Island all the time in his X-trail and reckons it's great on the sand - just need to let the tyres down a bit.
Sure it won't have... my Navara doesn't... without rated recovery points you can start pulling bits of the car off...
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:55 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DimWit17
We bought a brand new 2007 model about exactly a year ago for $28k (got it cheap as they were clearing out the old model...). It had only 7 kms on the odometer. My wife basically drives the car around more than I do as I travel to work by bus.

I have to say that I was surprised by the fuel economy on the X-trail. Compared to the CRV and RAV4, the X-trail is much much better. It may not be the best looking but its a better all rounder to the competition.

The next step up for us would be the Prado as I use it for work sometimes and I love it. I would love the 7/8 seats too.
wow excellent price well done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.