Nissan X Trail

Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:17 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nissan X Trail

Originally Posted by Centurion
Have a pathfinder too. Good around town and excellent off road. Taken mine to beaches, tracks and some bush stuff with no complaints.

Would recommend that more than the x trail which is a bit of a shopping trolley.
But the pathfinder is the next step up in terms of size and price....and IMHO they are butt ugly
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:16 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
Have a pathfinder too. Good around town and excellent off road. Taken mine to beaches, tracks and some bush stuff with no complaints.

Would recommend that more than the x trail which is a bit of a shopping trolley.
kept up with my mate's pathfinder on the bushtracks outside exmouth,got to be a bit gentle with them but they are better off road than people credit
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:21 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aus2be_OH
Nissan Navara - gets my vote. Damn capable wagon, and the 4.0 petrol is a dream to drive on-road as well. Oh, and (IMHO) it looks fantastic too, which helps.

Source: Nissan
But the build quality is crap compared to a Tojo... Just gave my 15 month old ST-X 2.5DT to a work colleague and went and bought an 8 year old 'Cruiser... much better and I'm much happier...
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:34 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DrWho
But the build quality is crap compared to a Tojo... Just gave my 15 month old ST-X 2.5DT to a work colleague and went and bought an 8 year old 'Cruiser... much better and I'm much happier...
Can't argue with the fact that Toyota build quality is bomb proof.
I've always wanted a Navara though, IMHO they look the dogs dangly bits, cope great off road, and the petrol drives well on road as well. As for build quality, I personally haven't owned one for long enough to comment. I did sell (am selling) my 3.4L V6 Prado to own the Navara.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:03 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Can't argue with the fact that Toyota build quality is bomb proof.
I've always wanted a Navara though, IMHO they look the dogs dangly bits, cope great off road, and the petrol drives well on road as well. As for build quality, I personally haven't owned one for long enough to comment. I did sell (am selling) my 3.4L V6 Prado to own the Navara.
Same main reason I got one... thought they looked great; still do in fact... but ownership didn't live up to expectations... Creak, rattle 'n roll...
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

leftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really nice

Try having a look at

http://www.australianxtrail.com/
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:16 am
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DrWho
Same main reason I got one... thought they looked great; still do in fact... but ownership didn't live up to expectations... Creak, rattle 'n roll...
Did you buy yours new? How many k's were on the clock? Diesel wasn't it? What kind of rattles and squeaks?

Mine has just over 5,000km's on the clock and no squeaks or rattles, yet. I'm actually very impressed with the 4.0L petrol and how smoothly it drives.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:40 am
Timelord

Did you buy yours new? How many k's were on the clock? Diesel wasn't it? What kind of rattles and squeaks?

Mine has just over 5,000km's on the clock and no squeaks or rattles, yet. I'm actually very impressed with the 4.0L petrol and how smoothly it drives.
Bought new, diesel... the front fascia/instrument housing squeaks/creaks, etc especially in hot weather... it is also a very smooth drive and I went with it instead of a HiLux because it drove pretty much like a car not a truck... Also the drivers seat is starting to fray directly above the seat adjustment knobs... which aren 't very well positioned because when the seat is depressed it goes down to the top of them thereby increasing wear...
Old Jan 27th 2009, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Forester XT - try one, you'll like it......................a lot

Has a bit of a drink problem though
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:30 pm
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Blah blah blah

all dull and boring, you cant beat a Defender or Disco 3, would rather save the pennies and wait till i could afford a proper 4wd
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:12 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
Blah blah blah

all dull and boring, you cant beat a Defender or Disco 3, would rather save the pennies and wait till i could afford a proper 4wd
Yeah cos anyone living in suburban Aus really NEEDS a gas guzzling massive fourby don't they?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:15 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't call a Forester XT boring.

may not be a 'proper' 4wd drive but it is frighteningly fast

It will thrash the arse off the boy racers and and most 'sporty' cars.

G
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:24 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

Originally Posted by hevs
Yeah cos anyone living in suburban Aus really NEEDS a gas guzzling massive fourby don't they?
How many people do you know actually buy car they NEED as opposed to buying cars they LIKE? If everyone bought cars that were purely functional we'd all be driving around in the smallest (for our needs), most economical car around. It's just that some people LIKE to buy a 4x4, as opposed to a Commodore, Fiesta, Barina <insert any car here>. Whether they actually drive it off road is neither here nor there, IMHO.

The majority of people purchase things with their heart, then later, justify that purchase with their head.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:35 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Grayling
I wouldn't call a Forester XT boring.

may not be a 'proper' 4wd drive but it is frighteningly fast
G, you must get scared easily
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:54 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkMC
G, you must get scared easily
The XT has the turbo engine......same as the WRX.

it's pretty quick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.