Nissan X Trail

Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

abertawe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nissan X Trail

We test drove a new Nissan X Trail this morning and thought it was a good drive compared to the Honda CRV.

But I am looking for the views of those who have a Nissan X Trail or another 4x4.

Are you happy with it, what are its pros and cons
Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:26 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nissan X Trail

Originally Posted by abertawe
We test drove a new Nissan X Trail this morning and thought it was a good drive compared to the Honda CRV.

But I am looking for the views of those who have a Nissan X Trail or another 4x4.

I test drove one recently.

I bought a Subaru Forester....it is in a different class.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:57 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Grayling
it is in a different class.
They are both soft-roaders. You a being a snob and not answering the question

We had a Forester when we arrived as a hire car - it was OK

Last edited by MarkMC; Jan 24th 2009 at 10:07 am.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:03 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I have not driven either and do not know your budget or if you are buying new. You have mentioned 4x4, how much off roading do you intend to do? We have Freelander 1 and its great fun on the beach and on the dunes, and quite happy on the commute too, the aircon is not as good as our previous car.

Dont forget to check out the Mitsi Outlander.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkMC
They are both soft-roaders. You a being a snob and not answering the question

We had a Forester when we arrived as a hire car - it was OK
I have a Patrol for the heavy stuff
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:27 am
mmmmmm duff

I have a Patrol for the heavy stuff
You mean towing the Subaru?
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:32 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by MarkMC
You mean towing the Subaru?
so speaks a freelander owner
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:37 am
mmmmmm duff

Touche

The Defender is on order.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:00 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I was also interested in this - I am after a 4wd to go off road. I have a Crv currently but I want 7 seats, economy, willing to dune ride.

If anyone is answering and knows about whats best off road too I would love to read. I am looking for a new car

Vivienne
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:15 am
mmmmmm duff

Vivienne

There are many very capable 4x4's most of them have Landrover written on the bonnet. I often read the 4x4 mags they seem to recommend (in no order): Toyota Landcruiser (expensive),
Nissan Patrol (good for pulling Subaru's)
Mitsubishi Pajero.
Discovery
Defender
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:20 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

we bought an 07 last year last of the old shape.We hammered it to Brisbane from WA cruising most of the way at 140 kph along the Nullabour.Then hammered it back a few weeks later.Just got back from up north,did some off roading in it on some tracks near Exmouth,great for camping etc.The only problem is it can be a bit rattly on the dash as there are lots of different compartments.We think for the price and the fuel economy they are a good buy.The brand new one is even better,read somewhere it is very good offroad (in a group test).
Old Jan 25th 2009, 2:31 am
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Nissan Navara - gets my vote. Damn capable wagon, and the 4.0 petrol is a dream to drive on-road as well. Oh, and (IMHO) it looks fantastic too, which helps.

The Navara ST-X 4X4 Dual Cab turbo diesel has won 4x4 Australia Magazine’s Ute of the Year in 2006, 2007 and 2008. While the Navara Dual Cab has picked up Best Petrol Ute in the Overlander 4WD Awards for the same three years.
Source: Nissan
Old Jan 25th 2009, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Bought a 2004 model in Cairns and drove it through QLD, NT, SA, VIC and back to NSW. Terrific motor, can't fault it. Coped well with the dirt roads, corrugations etc in the Outback.

If you are looking for reviews on different cars I'd suggest looking at NRMA
Old Jan 25th 2009, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy with mine (kitted-out 2008 model - T31) but only use it for driving to work etc

Performs ok, is cost-effective to run and has lots of storage space - just what I need.

Not been "off road" yet but will likely try Bribie Island once I can determine whether it has proper recovery points.

I nearly bought a new Pajero but figured I couldn't justify paying a premium for *proper* off road capability which I would use a few times a year at the most

For now, my X-trail suits my needs

If I ever feel the need to get really dirty, I'll just hire a 'proper' 4wd for a couple of hundred bucks and thrash the arse off it.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 3:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

The Ploplander! My brother is a Landrover mechanic and he wouldn't touch one if it was the last car on the planet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.