Nissan X Trail

Old Jan 25th 2009, 3:05 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nissan X Trail

Originally Posted by abertawe
We test drove a new Nissan X Trail this morning and thought it was a good drive compared to the Honda CRV.

But I am looking for the views of those who have a Nissan X Trail or another 4x4.

Are you happy with it, what are its pros and cons
For once I agree with Grayling. If I had a choice of car in that class (the Pajero and Prado are in a different class) I would pick the Scooby Do.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:15 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

We test drove a new Nissan X Trail this morning and thought it was a good drive compared to the Honda CRV.

But I am looking for the views of those who have a Nissan X Trail or another 4x4.

Depends a lot on what you plan to use the car for. On our second 4x4 now since arriving in Oz both of which are/were used as soft roaders, never go near dirt tracks. We originally had a Subaru Forester and it was fine... moved on to something much rarer now. A Nissan Murano which is bloody brilliant.

Its a whole step up in class, and cost, than the X-Trail and Forester but if you can fine a decent second hand model it will wipe the floor with both of those and most other 4x4's in the soft roader market. 3.5 petrol can be a bit expensive to run as it only takes premium.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 6:11 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

We bought an X-Trail on arrival. We had had them as hire cars and thought that they were very good value for money and economical to run as we couldn't afford to run a Discovery here.

All pros no cons after 4 months of ownership.

We bought it through A1 Car Brokers, very impressed with the price. Saved approve $3,000.

Last edited by ray2gill; Jan 25th 2009 at 6:14 am.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

James_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really nice

Hope X-Trail is good, we have just bought a 2003 model. First car since we arrived. Not a car expert, but everything I have read about the X-Trail was good and it scored well against the competition.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 6:41 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by James_SC
Hope X-Trail is good, we have just bought a 2003 model. First car since we arrived. Not a car expert, but everything I have read about the X-Trail was good and it scored well against the competition.
About the only thing that went wrong on my old one was the electric window motors failed on both front windows.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi

I worked for a Nissan dealership here in the Uk for the last 5 years, I agree with other poster here, it depends what you are using it for, although when the new X Trail came out a year ago, all the branch managers and service managers went to a 4x4 day, and they all said they were shoked with the off road capabilities, far better than the previous ones, if you are wanting an off roader the terrano, patrol or navara or the pathfinder is a good alrounde too and most of them have 7 seats (although the back two are not for adults lol) are the best, if you are just wanting it for eveyday use and the odd off road experience it is dead on, they are well kitted out and comfortable to drive, although I personally dont like the look of the X trail, personally I would go for either the Navara of Pathfinder.
The only real problems I encoutered with the X Trail was faulty injectors! There was a recall here in the Uk about a year ago, they were just getting really noisey and it sounded like a tractor when it started up.
Hope this helps

Gillian
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:44 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

We have one for sale if anyones interested. Had it since new and its reliable, economical and a regrettable sale. Please PM me
Hubby now has a company car and my car is a big honking 4X4 (Mitsubishi Delica) and we need the space as I'm always carrying teens everywhere. So unfortunately the Xtrail has to go
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:54 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

The pathfinder is a great beast if you can make it that far.

I dont think there is a huge difference in the CRV and the X.

Oh and Toyota are by far the best wagons
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:01 pm
Banned

The Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really nice

We have an 07 Pathfinder - Really good - great off road,

5 hr trip for $60 (diesel)

7 seats

all fold flat to make a van!

even the front seat folds down
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:02 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
The pathfinder is a great beast if you can make it that far.

I dont think there is a huge difference in the CRV and the X.

Oh and Toyota are by far the best wagons
The X trail is a better looking car, no competition (from the CRV) But yeah! I like the toyota, hubbies company car is a very noice Camry and I LIKE it
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:11 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
The X trail is a better looking car, no competition (from the CRV) But yeah! I like the toyota, hubbies company car is a very noice Camry and I LIKE it
Yeah between the two its personnal choice both should not give anyone much trouble

Thats the wifes car
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi

The only real problems I encoutered with the X Trail was faulty injectors! There was a recall here in the Uk about a year ago, they were just getting really noisey and it sounded like a tractor when it started up.
Hope this helps

Gillian
This is a great site for seeing how good your car really is!
http://www.recalls.gov.au/search_rec...Submit2=Submit
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:27 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Outback Monkeys
We have an 07 Pathfinder - Really good - great off road,

5 hr trip for $60 (diesel)

7 seats

all fold flat to make a van!

even the front seat folds down
Have a pathfinder too. Good around town and excellent off road. Taken mine to beaches, tracks and some bush stuff with no complaints.

Would recommend that more than the x trail which is a bit of a shopping trolley.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Have a pathfinder too. Good around town and excellent off road. Taken mine to beaches, tracks and some bush stuff with no complaints.

Would recommend that more than the x trail which is a bit of a shopping trolley.
I personally found the Pathfinder to be rather cramped and uncomfortable in the back due to the relatively high floor and lack of room under the front seats.

Our tall teenage kids find the "shopping trolley" much more comfortable for long journeys but I'm sure they're in awe of larger 4WD's such as your own

Everybody knows that bigger is superior right?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:15 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by tictac
Everybody knows that bigger is superior right?
Or to make up for the lack of size on other things

My cousin had a pathfinder and ditched it when number 3 was born as there wasn't room for the three kids in the back and a full boot for the resons you mention. We have a 14, 11 and 2 year old and the Xtrail is fine (but their Mum is a midget, which helps for leg room!) for day to day stuff. For long journeys we use the Delly, cos it rocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.