Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Most Brits considering life down under

Most Brits considering life down under

Old May 9th 2010, 10:48 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold
Default Most Brits considering life down under

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/7...fe-down-under/
Old May 9th 2010, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most Brits considering life down under

33% of 3/4 is not 'most'.
Old May 9th 2010, 11:05 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
33% of 3/4 is not 'most'.
l know looks like the article headline is wrong should say majority it consider life overseas, but OZ is the most popular overseas destination.

Last edited by mohogony; May 9th 2010 at 11:08 pm.
Old May 9th 2010, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
l know looks like the article headline is wrong should say majority it consider life overseas, but OZ is the most popular overseas destination.

I dont know anyone in the UK who wants to move to OZ, have had a few people out here looking at it, all came up with the same conclusion, its a nice place for a holiday, once, not even a return destination.

Has Phil Spencer been on telly again, all lubed up, sans wax and wearing speedos again

Old May 10th 2010, 12:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I dont know anyone in the UK who wants to move to OZ
I do.
Old May 10th 2010, 12:21 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I dont know anyone in the UK who wants to move to OZ, have had a few people out here looking at it, all came up with the same conclusion, its a nice place for a holiday, once, not even a return destination.

Has Phil Spencer been on telly again, all lubed up, sans wax and wearing speedos again

You must have done a good job on the people you know

Almost three-quarters of Britons have considered leaving the UK this year,
But that is a lot

Old May 10th 2010, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

"Around one in 10 (12 per cent) said a change in the pace of life was the main attraction."

Hard to understand why people want to come to Oz and work longer hours just to pay the bills. However each to thier own.
Old May 10th 2010, 12:23 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
"Around one in 10 (12 per cent) said a change in the pace of life was the main attraction."

Hard to understand why people want to come to Oz and work longer hours just to pay the bills. However each to thier own.
Maybe they choose not to work longer hours

Old May 10th 2010, 12:25 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

Around one in 10 (12 per cent) said a change in the pace of life was the main attraction.
Me too, but it wasn't the change in pace I was hoping for. I work more hours with less holidays, for effectively (once all bills are paid) less money.

This survey of 1000 or so, was done by Currency UK, who have a big interest in people emigrating.
Whatever the reason for moving abroad, exchanging your money is going to have a big impact. At Currency UK, we make things as easy as possible for you, ensuring you get the most amount possible for your money whilst having no stress.

Last edited by coolshadows; May 10th 2010 at 12:34 am.
Old May 10th 2010, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Its quite amazing considering many Brits think Australia is just desert, sharks and spiders.
Old May 10th 2010, 1:00 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder how many Australians consider life overseas?.

Considering it could be as little as thinking "I wonder what it would be like to live in NZ?".... and then doing nothing more than that about it.
Old May 10th 2010, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
Its quite amazing considering many Brits think Australia is just desert, sharks and spiders.
I know, it’s much worse... it’s just Desert, Sharks, Spiders and Aussies!
Old May 10th 2010, 1:04 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I wonder how many Australians consider life overseas?.

Considering it could be as little as thinking "I wonder what it would be like to live in NZ?".... and then doing nothing more than that about it.
I'd say probably about the same as in the UK

Old May 10th 2010, 1:05 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
l know looks like the article headline is wrong
Didn't you read the article before you rushed on here to post?
Old May 10th 2010, 1:21 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I'd say probably about the same as in the UK
Exactly. You can almost see the question and answer session.

"ever thought about living overseas?"'

"Yeah"

"may I ask where?"

"oh you know, Australia, NZ, USA, places like that"

"thanks.... another tick for Australia"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.