Wikiposts

Midlands Meet??

Old Mar 8th 2005, 4:10 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Midlands Meet??

17th April you say, went to the last one and really enjoyed meeting folk. Will try and make it (possibly bringing little uns too).

Ashley & Shelley
Old Mar 8th 2005, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by worzel
Bumped to the top as it has been getting on for a week
Stupid question but how easy will it be to spot everyone at the meet? will I just have to look for a group huddled together gazing into the distance dreaming of sunnier climes?..or maybe invent a secret way of waving that only the people on the forum will know....
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:06 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Stupid question but how easy will it be to spot everyone at the meet? will I just have to look for a group huddled together gazing into the distance dreaming of sunnier climes?..or maybe invent a secret way of waving that only the people on the forum will know....
If it is anything like the January meet we will take the WHOLE pub over but I will wear my faithful bright green VB t-shirt just in case
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:10 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
well i think we might make it,lol, this is getting a bit of a habit, great to catch up with you guys again,definately a good area to have a meet

tracey
So you found out about it! I think Gary was hoping you have missed this one! By the time you go to Oz, you would have had a drink in every pub in the country

It'll be nice to see you both again, but we will also see you at Sandown in a couple of weeks

Sam
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
So you found out about it! I think Gary was hoping you have missed this one! By the time you go to Oz, you would have had a drink in every pub in the country

It'll be nice to see you both again, but we will also see you at Sandown in a couple of weeks

Sam
hi sam,yes i saw it right at the beginning just let him think that i didnt,lol,looking forward to sandown,looks like there a few of us stopping over...gggggrrreeaat

tracey
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by worzel
If it is anything like the January meet we will take the WHOLE pub over but I will wear my faithful bright green VB t-shirt just in case
Mmmmmmmm.....VB
Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:20 am
UPS Man

sparkyeng is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cameron, We are off to sydney the same sort of time as you .I'm going in on a 457 then getting the PR process started once we are there.
Maybe we could meet up aswell as we are in Walsall just by jct 10 M6 ,We are not sure where to live so if you have any ideas they would be appreciated !!

Cheers

Rob
Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Having recently been granted our PR visa, the reality of it all is now kicking in and a mild form of panic is beginning to settle! This forum mentions region get-togethers now and then so we wondered if there were any 'meets' planned for the midlands area soon?
We need interaction with like minded people as our family are frosty to our plans at the moment and we feel unable to speak openly about Oz, which is severly dampening our excitement.

So if anybody is out there with similar experiences and wants to have a bevvy and a chat make contact PLEASE

OUR SANITY DEPENDS ON YOU!!!
Hi - Offered a job this morning in Melbourne - they want him to start in May and are rushing through a temporary visa (very lucky/ very stressed). We've already collected all the documents in prep for a PR including police checks but haven't yet got medicals. We're in Wolves too and wondered where we go, how long it takes to book and get med results, etc.

Also really fancy the idea of meeting up in Compton - a bevvy & chat sound great - have no clue where to start - have you heard anything from anyone else local?
Old Mar 12th 2005, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by flip
Hi - Offered a job this morning in Melbourne - they want him to start in May and are rushing through a temporary visa (very lucky/ very stressed). We've already collected all the documents in prep for a PR including police checks but haven't yet got medicals. We're in Wolves too and wondered where we go, how long it takes to book and get med results, etc.

Also really fancy the idea of meeting up in Compton - a bevvy & chat sound great - have no clue where to start - have you heard anything from anyone else local?

Hey there,

We had our medicals over in Handsworth Wood, Birmingham cause that was the closest available. Some places do medicals and not xrays and vice versa so thats why we chose there cause they do both!
They were ok and seemed to process them quite fast. We had to wait a month to get in so dont hang about!

How a few jars in the oddfellows next weekend? whats good for you guys?

We are going over to Oz in June so we can exchange some ideas maybe?

Yam Yam
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:21 pm
family of 4

the raindodgers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Hey there,

We had our medicals over in Handsworth Wood, Birmingham cause that was the closest available. Some places do medicals and not xrays and vice versa so thats why we chose there cause they do both!
They were ok and seemed to process them quite fast. We had to wait a month to get in so dont hang about!

How a few jars in the oddfellows next weekend? whats good for you guys?

We are going over to Oz in June so we can exchange some ideas maybe?

Yam Yam
Hi Yam Yam
Con grats on medicals what sort of things did they want
We are off to Perth on 8th of April for a look around and to try and find an area we might like to start in
Hope to post a few CV's and get a few contact numbers for the old man
for when we go. Let us know if your arranging a meet anywhere and maybe we culd join u

Nicki
Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

cammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by the raindodgers
Hi Yam Yam
Con grats on medicals what sort of things did they want
We are off to Perth on 8th of April for a look around and to try and find an area we might like to start in
Hope to post a few CV's and get a few contact numbers for the old man
for when we go. Let us know if your arranging a meet anywhere and maybe we culd join u

Nicki

We have just booked our medicals and x-rays in Handsworth Wood - for 21 April! This has delayed us a bit so it will be June before we go at the earliest now. I wish we had booked a while ago and dot waited for the online forms to be ready!

A Wolves meet sounds great. Anyone with any ideas for places or dates?
Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Hi YamYam & Cammym

Sorry not to have got back to you earlier - we've been running around putting the house straight and letting people know this week - finally calming down (I hope) and wondered if either of you were around Sunday evening to catch up at the Oddfellows (with or without kids).

I gather we're all going to different spots but it'd be great to trade notes.

Hope your plans are still going well - we've got medicals Tuesday in Edgbaston - anything to worry about?

Carolyn
Old Mar 20th 2005, 7:29 pm
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Sunday 17th April 12.30pm (get school holidays out of the way)
White Horse pub, Balsall Common (about 5 miles from J4 of the M6)
They do good, cheap food (2 for the price of 1) and they have a Wacky Warehouse so we can lose the kids for an hour.

Is this defo on?!?

HOPE SO!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK

we managed to miss everyone saturday night at sandown!!!! d'uh are we!!!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
we managed to miss everyone saturday night at sandown!!!! d'uh are we!!!
OH fancy seeing you here dont forget your huge sign...drinks all round

tracey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.