Wikiposts

Midlands Meet??

Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Midlands Meet??

Originally Posted by jesta
Hi YAM YAM.

we would love to come to the next meet. We are going on a reccy on the 7th march till the 28th so march is out for us. We live in brum so are local. Not yet started application, iam going to visit my aunt in brisbane and ask if she will sponsor us. We are also looking at moving to perth, but we are going to look at sydney and brisbane to check out jobs. I will post a thread when i get back, and look out to see if there are any plans on a meet.

JESTA
Jesta,

Good luck with the trip, we are looking closely at Perth too! There are a few brummies and Yam Yams surfacing now, so maybe a meet inbetween soon will be a good idea. I imagine it is always good just after somebody coming back from Oz, as they become a mine of updated info.

My uncle lives in Bribane, Greenbank, but we didnt us him to sponsor for some reason.

Cheers

Yam Yam
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Yam Yam]Jesta,

There are a few brummies and Yam Yams surfacing now,
I'm sorry to say that we are one of each, the ladys a yam yam and i'm the brummie. Were hoping to be on the gold coast around august after the schools over here have finished. all the best
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

cammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Where in Wolves are you based mate?
I live in Tettenhall. We moved to Wolves for work and thought we'd stay for about a year but have now been here for 10 years!! or about a third of my life!

Looking forward to our move to Sydney, which will be a little different from Wolves.

I know of one or two others from this area who also thinking of moving to Oz.

Where are you?

Cam
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:33 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by J+J
We live at Toton.
Know Heanor as BIL used to live there so have frequented the drinking establishments in and around Heanor.
Where are you heading to and where are abouts in the visa process are you
Jo
Hi Jo!

Just started out on this process. Got agent last month and gathering all hubby's references together at moment (he's a brickie).
Hoping to go to Mornington, Victoria. Hubby's best mate went last October (he's a joiner) and it looks and sounds fab.
Although we live in Heanor, don't really know it that well, we're from Ilson!
Where are you heading to and when?

Sally
Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:18 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Midlands Meet??

To get the ball rolling here is a proposal for the next Midlands Meet.

Sunday 17th April 12.30pm (get school holidays out of the way)
White Horse pub, Balsall Common (about 5 miles from J4 of the M6)
They do good, cheap food (2 for the price of 1) and they have a Wacky Warehouse so we can lose the kids for an hour.

Totally informal, just sit around and have a drink and a chat. Duck out for a meal or eat while you talk.

Maybe Gary will bring his camera again and remember a few names this time

How is everyone else for this date / location?
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Me and lady Flibble are based in Derby would be interested in a mett or something some time.

Having recently been granted our PR visa, the reality of it all is now kicking in and a mild form of panic is beginning to settle! This forum mentions region get-togethers now and then so we wondered if there were any 'meets' planned for the midlands area soon?
We need interaction with like minded people as our family are frosty to our plans at the moment and we feel unable to speak openly about Oz, which is severly dampening our excitement.

So if anybody is out there with similar experiences and wants to have a bevvy and a chat make contact PLEASE

OUR SANITY DEPENDS ON YOU!!!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:38 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by worzel

They do good, cheap food (2 for the price of 1) and they have a Wacky Warehouse so we can lose the kids for an hour.

Totally informal, just sit around and have a drink and a chat. Duck out for a meal or eat while you talk.

Go on Worzel, I will be their!
Might even get the wife to turn up

Bye
Mark
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Would be up for the meet...been trying without any luck to actually attend one of these do's!

Originally Posted by markeh
Go on Worzel, I will be their!
Might even get the wife to turn up

Bye
Mark
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:15 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch!!!!!.... but maybe that hurt because it is ooooh so true!!!!

Hope you are all well Ian.

Please dont mention the meet to Tracey.....you know what she is like..........ANY excuse for a drink!!!!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cammym
I live in Tettenhall. We moved to Wolves for work and thought we'd stay for about a year but have now been here for 10 years!! or about a third of my life!

Looking forward to our move to Sydney, which will be a little different from Wolves.

I know of one or two others from this area who also thinking of moving to Oz.

Where are you?

Cam
CAM,

We are in Wednesfield mate, born and bred. If you know any others going to Aus lets meet up at the Odd fellows in compton for a chat???

What do you reckon? Any suggestions??

Yam Yam
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Midlands Meet??

Worzel,

Thats what I like a bloke who takes the bull by the horn and sorts it!!

Count me and the misses in, it will be our first meet so will look forward to it.

Yam Yam
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:31 am
paula

paula879 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Midlands Meet??

Having recently been granted our PR visa, the reality of it all is now kicking in and a mild form of panic is beginning to settle! This forum mentions region get-togethers now and then so we wondered if there were any 'meets' planned for the midlands area soon?
We need interaction with like minded people as our family are frosty to our plans at the moment and we feel unable to speak openly about Oz, which is severly dampening our excitement.

So if anybody is out there with similar experiences and wants to have a bevvy and a chat make contact PLEASE

OUR SANITY DEPENDS ON YOU!!!
Whens your next meet-up? We are based in Leicestershire. Let me know a.s.a.p. Hope fully be gone soon
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:10 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula879
Whens your next meet-up? We are based in Leicestershire. Let me know a.s.a.p. Hope fully be gone soon

This is from Worsel's post earlier in this thread.

Gary
Old Feb 24th 2005, 11:35 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Bump this back to the top
Old Feb 25th 2005, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

I'd like to say we will be in Oz by then, but I think it's highly unlikely, with our still unsold house (Sigh!)

So count us in!

Nikki
xx

P.S Is the White Horse ready for another invasion quite so soon!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.