Wikiposts

Midlands Meet??

Old Feb 25th 2005, 11:47 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Midlands Meet??

Originally Posted by worzel
To get the ball rolling here is a proposal for the next Midlands Meet.

Sunday 17th April 12.30pm (get school holidays out of the way)
White Horse pub, Balsall Common (about 5 miles from J4 of the M6)
They do good, cheap food (2 for the price of 1) and they have a Wacky Warehouse so we can lose the kids for an hour.

Totally informal, just sit around and have a drink and a chat. Duck out for a meal or eat while you talk.

Maybe Gary will bring his camera again and remember a few names this time

How is everyone else for this date / location?
bump
Back to the top with you
Old Feb 28th 2005, 6:02 am
family of 4

the raindodgers is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Midlands Meet??

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Having recently been granted our PR visa, the reality of it all is now kicking in and a mild form of panic is beginning to settle! This forum mentions region get-togethers now and then so we wondered if there were any 'meets' planned for the midlands area soon?
We need interaction with like minded people as our family are frosty to our plans at the moment and we feel unable to speak openly about Oz, which is severly dampening our excitement.

So if anybody is out there with similar experiences and wants to have a bevvy and a chat make contact PLEASE

OUR SANITY DEPENDS ON YOU!!!
Hi Yam Yam we too are from Wolverhampton
Just at the beginning of the process with 2 kids and a dog in tow.

We are looking at Perth as a place to settle and like you are looking to reccy the area in the next few months haven't started the visa process yet but know we can get in as skilled . Any reviews on Perth or Melbourne will be interesting reading
Old Feb 28th 2005, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Daz, Kaz & the kids will be there!!!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

way86 will become famous soon enoughway86 will become famous soon enough

Having recently been granted our PR visa, the reality of it all is now kicking in and a mild form of panic is beginning to settle! This forum mentions region get-togethers now and then so we wondered if there were any 'meets' planned for the midlands area soon?
We need interaction with like minded people as our family are frosty to our plans at the moment and we feel unable to speak openly about Oz, which is severly dampening our excitement.

So if anybody is out there with similar experiences and wants to have a bevvy and a chat make contact PLEASE

OUR SANITY DEPENDS ON YOU!!!

hi yam yam
not to far from you im in dudley just came back from a rekkie in perth the construction industry is bussin in perth at the moment im a brickie loads of work there
all the best
Old Feb 28th 2005, 7:46 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Talking Re: Midlands Meet??

Originally Posted by worzel
To get the ball rolling here is a proposal for the next Midlands Meet.

Sunday 17th April 12.30pm (get school holidays out of the way)
White Horse pub, Balsall Common (about 5 miles from J4 of the M6)
They do good, cheap food (2 for the price of 1) and they have a Wacky Warehouse so we can lose the kids for an hour.

Totally informal, just sit around and have a drink and a chat. Duck out for a meal or eat while you talk.

Maybe Gary will bring his camera again and remember a few names this time

How is everyone else for this date / location?
Worzel.
You can add another family to the list. Myself, Mandy and the lads wanna join in the fun.

See you all on 17 April.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:38 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon the Scotts will have another crack at that one, we enjoyed the last one, cya's all there

Nev.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by way86
hi yam yam
not to far from you im in dudley just came back from a rekkie in perth the construction industry is bussin in perth at the moment im a brickie loads of work there
all the best
Wayne cheers for the news mate. I am a civil engineer so I hope the work extends my way. I am keen to know your thoughts on Perth? A good place to go and settle?

Yam Yam
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Wayne cheers for the news mate. I am a civil engineer so I hope the work extends my way. I am keen to know your thoughts on Perth? A good place to go and settle?

Yam Yam
hi yam yam
did a tour of the south suburbs around mandurah and down to bunbury.there is a new highway going from perth to bunbury in 2007 also the rail link is being extended loads of new housing estates going up contstruction work is every where .i think i will settle in mandurah good schools for the kids loads of work nice area all seems good
best wishes
Old Mar 1st 2005, 8:53 pm
family of 4

Cool Re: Midlands Meet??

hi Way86
We too live in wolverhampton and are hoping to move to perth next year partners a brickie so its good to know thee is work out there for him.

When to reccied perth what areas woould you advice against need to live closish to hospital for my work. and are the house prices still fairly good that you noticed.

Any tips for when we go over where to go for info on construction jobs etc

we have 2 kids one who will go to school as will be 14 and the other who will hopefully go to uni

Good luck when you go
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the raindodgers
hi Way86
We too live in wolverhampton and are hoping to move to perth next year partners a brickie so its good to know thee is work out there for him.

When to reccied perth what areas woould you advice against need to live closish to hospital for my work. and are the house prices still fairly good that you noticed.

Any tips for when we go over where to go for info on construction jobs etc

we have 2 kids one who will go to school as will be 14 and the other who will hopefully go to uni

Good luck when you go
HI raindodgers
there will be no problems for bricklayers over there loads of work
i only looked at the suburbs south of the river didnt do the north we will be going to mandurah( halls head or falcon )iv been told to avoid dudley park but i did take a look when i was there last week seemed to be ok to me but i got that info from my mate who is a copper over there so ill take his advice
dont know of any hospitals in that area but the rail link is being built down to mandurah from perth next year so traveling to perth centre shouldnt be to bad some on said about 40 mins by train when its done?
i have 4 kids going with me 21yr old will go to college to finish his brickwork courses other three will be in school once you get there and you have reg for tax no you can start work i was told that there is a shortage or bricklayers in wa so a start will be as quick as you want it to be
any more info i can give you just pm ill get back to you
what stage are you at with the application
all the best
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:09 am
family of 4

Smile Re: Midlands Meet??

Thanks Way86
We are still in the discussion stage with the family
both decided that it was what we want and the kids seem keen
I think we're abit nervous about putting our feet on that first rung of the ladder
Not sure as to use an agent or not due to the fact that at present we're defacto couple and the kids mum may object
Things we need to sort ou prior to starting and spending that kind of money.

Looking at going over ourselves in april to sus things out
All the best with your move
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by the raindodgers
Thanks Way86
We are still in the discussion stage with the family
both decided that it was what we want and the kids seem keen
I think we're abit nervous about putting our feet on that first rung of the ladder
Not sure as to use an agent or not due to the fact that at present we're defacto couple and the kids mum may object
Things we need to sort ou prior to starting and spending that kind of money.

Looking at going over ourselves in april to sus things out
All the best with your move
Hey there Raindodgers

Just caught your reply and thought I may be able to offer some words of wisdom, regarding using an agent, the defacto issue and the whole visa thing itself! Me and the misses were granted PR visa,s recently so we are planning our next move now! If you want to chat, we live in wednesfield and would glady share our visa experience with you.

Good luck

Yam Yam
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:28 am
family of 4

Hti there Yam yam

would like very much like to meet others who are in the same position perhapse we could meet up some time

It's great to be able to ask people questions and think that we may know people when out there
The kids have already made the move in their brains
We live in Shareshill so not far away
catch up soon
Garry , Nickie and kids
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

well i think we might make it,lol, this is getting a bit of a habit, great to catch up with you guys again,definately a good area to have a meet

tracey
Old Mar 8th 2005, 3:40 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
well i think we might make it,lol, this is getting a bit of a habit, great to catch up with you guys again,definately a good area to have a meet

tracey
Bumped to the top as it has been getting on for a week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.