Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Melbourne thread

The Melbourne thread

Old May 11th 2008, 2:41 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Melbourne thread

Hey.....can I join in?
We are officially heading for Melbourne now.......as my sister and her hubby and kids are going back out there too........so there will be 12 of us altogether!!!!
Can someone tell me what Melton is like please, as that's where my sister is going to buy a new house, and we may live near to her.
Beth x x
Old May 11th 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

pinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Lor, are the horses in the picture yours?
Old May 11th 2008, 8:15 pm

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hey.....can I join in?
We are officially heading for Melbourne now.......as my sister and her hubby and kids are going back out there too........so there will be 12 of us altogether!!!!
Can someone tell me what Melton is like please, as that's where my sister is going to buy a new house, and we may live near to her.
Beth x x
The local paper is quite useful for giving you a feel for the vibe of the community.
http://www.meltonleader.com.au/
Old May 12th 2008, 8:49 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by @boy
The local paper is quite useful for giving you a feel for the vibe of the community.
Thanks for that will have a good look now,
Beth x x
Old May 12th 2008, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by @boy
Well done
Old May 12th 2008, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Hey.....can I join in?
Beth x x
Hey Beth,

Great to see you're heading to Melbourne - you guys have "got about" a bit haven't you...Tas, Cairns, Tas, Mellie - maybe we'll bump into each other in the future at a BE meet or something.

Any joy selling your house yet? We're having no luck at all, plenty of no shows though

Colin x
Old May 12th 2008, 10:27 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Hey Beth,

Great to see you're heading to Melbourne - you guys have "got about" a bit haven't you...Tas, Cairns, Tas, Mellie - maybe we'll bump into each other in the future at a BE meet or something.

Any joy selling your house yet? We're having no luck at all, plenty of no shows though

Colin x
Think Melbourne will be ideal as my sis will be there too
Still no joy with the house selling
13 months on the market now wouldn't mind if it was a right dive of a house.......but it's lovely, someone will be getting a bloody bargain if they buy it.....haven't got to do a thing here!!!!
Beth x x
Old May 12th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Think Melbourne will be ideal as my sis will be there too
Still no joy with the house selling
13 months on the market now wouldn't mind if it was a right dive of a house.......but it's lovely, someone will be getting a bloody bargain if they buy it.....haven't got to do a thing here!!!!
Beth x x
Same for us really, house is fantastic, huge plot, lovely area, etc, etc. Just don't seem to be any "serious" buyers out there

Melbourne is our choice for similar reasons - my Dad lives out there and having spent some time here in the past absolutely love it - can't wait to get there but it feels like an impossible dream at the moment

Colin xx
Old May 12th 2008, 10:49 am
Make it happen!!!!

Same for us really, house is fantastic, huge plot, lovely area, etc, etc. Just don't seem to be any "serious" buyers out there

Melbourne is our choice for similar reasons - my Dad lives out there and having spent some time here in the past absolutely love it - can't wait to get there but it feels like an impossible dream at the moment

Colin xx
Yeah.......know what you mean trying to stay positive with this lovely weather we are having.......but it just makes me want to be in Oz even quicker!!!
Hope things work out for us and we both find some serious buyers soon!!!!
Beth x x
Old May 12th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah.......know what you mean trying to stay positive with this lovely weather we are having.......but it just makes me want to be in Oz even quicker!!!
Hope things work out for us and we both find some serious buyers soon!!!!
Beth x x
When do you hope to go? Are you dependant on selling the house before you go? We are...
Old May 12th 2008, 11:01 am
Make it happen!!!!

When do you hope to go? Are you dependant on selling the house before you go? We are...
Well......be easier if we have sold before we go financially........but we have to be in Oz by Oct so we will fly out early Oct even if we haven't sold.

Def won't rent our house out.......be a few hundred pounds a month short for the mortgage so not worth us struggling to pay the difference each month.

Good luck with selling.......someone has to buy a house somewhere!!!!!!
Beth x x
Old May 12th 2008, 11:15 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkjane8
Hi Lor, are the horses in the picture yours?
No sadly not, we’re just the lucky neighbours to be.
Old May 12th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Well......be easier if we have sold before we go financially........but we have to be in Oz by Oct so we will fly out early Oct even if we haven't sold.

Def won't rent our house out.......be a few hundred pounds a month short for the mortgage so not worth us struggling to pay the difference each month.

Good luck with selling.......someone has to buy a house somewhere!!!!!!
Beth x x
If you don't mind me asking, what do you plan on doing then if you haven't sold? Validate?? That's what we're starting to think about now. The thought of doing the flights 3 times within 6 months with 2 kids under 5 isn't something we're relishing - although the final flight will be something we do enjoy!!!
Old May 12th 2008, 11:24 am
Make it happen!!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what do you plan on doing then if you haven't sold? Validate?? That's what we're starting to think about now. The thought of doing the flights 3 times within 6 months with 2 kids under 5 isn't something we're relishing - although the final flight will be something we do enjoy!!!
If we haven't sold by August we have to do something!!!!
I think we should validate......then come back, wait for house to sell etc..........hubby thinks we should just plan to emigrate in October whatever happens!!!
Can't afford to pay the mortgage for more than 4 months if we are in Oz.......so that's my main worry.
We have 4 girls.....12,11,8 & 3 years old.......so not looking forward to any flights....LOL
Things always fall into place somehow............just hope they do this time!!!!
Beth x x
Old May 12th 2008, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

If we haven't sold by August we have to do something!!!!
I think we should validate......then come back, wait for house to sell etc..........hubby thinks we should just plan to emigrate in October whatever happens!!!
Can't afford to pay the mortgage for more than 4 months if we are in Oz.......so that's my main worry.
We have 4 girls.....12,11,8 & 3 years old.......so not looking forward to any flights....LOL
Things always fall into place somehow............just hope they do this time!!!!
Beth x x
Thats what we keep saying - we're destined to move to Aus so things will just have to fall in to place. Just got to keep faith in the PMA (just some days are harder than others )

Colin x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.