Melbourne Meet

Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne Meet

Originally Posted by hevs
Don't they sell furniture oooop north then The more the merrier but we might not come now as my daughter is very ill at the moment
She wants to see whats here - just bought a new house.
(Also good excuse for a drink or two!)

Hope your daughter gets better soon Hevs.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:49 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Hope your daughter gets better soon Hevs.
Thanks
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:54 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
I'll babysit if you want to go & meet everyone.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 1:06 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
I'll babysit if you want to go & meet everyone.
Thanks for your kind offer Uncle Bill but i reckon you'll need the rest after i put you through ya paces tomorrow
Old Jun 30th 2005, 1:15 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for your kind offer Uncle Bill but i reckon you'll need the rest after i put you through ya paces tomorrow
Yeah your probably right, I won't have done anything like this for a good few years.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 11:18 pm
Part of that group......

vickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Melbourne Meet

Yeah your probably right, I won't have done anything like this for a good few years.
Dare we ask what she'll have you doing ?? Bet it has something to do with those heated towel rails !! If you can't sit down on saturday we'll know that the temperature was up to high !!!

See you saturday....
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:31 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by vickeyvixen
Dare we ask what she'll have you doing ?? Bet it has something to do with those heated towel rails !! If you can't sit down on saturday we'll know that the temperature was up to high !!!

See you saturday....
I think I'm her slave for a few hours Vickey. Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow. ( If I can walk )
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:35 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

( If I can walk )
You'll be alright mate I've hidden the strap on
Old Jul 1st 2005, 4:01 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by HUP
You'll be alright mate I've hidden the strap on
Ive got my Wellie boots & heading off now.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, what an interesting meet today at the Village Green. The restraurant was lovely, the food was really good value.

It was lovely to meet the Newbies that showed up like Princess_atta & family, Bhoywonder & family & Jørgen & Ann-Kristin and their littlen's. Bill, as usual you were great and ever the gentleman. Some people can learn a thing or 2 from you.

Having said all that, I dont think I am going to make the effort of coming down from Bendigo to the Melbourne Meets anymore but am happy to meet up with anyone who wants to and would be more than happy to meet up with anyone that wants to see Bendigo.

Hels
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hels
Well, what an interesting meet today at the Village Green. The restraurant was lovely, the food was really good value.

It was lovely to meet the Newbies that showed up like Princess_atta & family, Bhoywonder & family & Jørgen & Ann-Kristin and their littlen's. Bill, as usual you were great and ever the gentleman. Some people can learn a thing or 2 from you.

Having said all that, I dont think I am going to make the effort of coming down from Bendigo to the Melbourne Meets anymore but am happy to meet up with anyone who wants to and would be more than happy to meet up with anyone that wants to see Bendigo.

Hels
I agree Helen, some people at that meet were blantantly ignorant and rude - going so far as to deliberately sit away from others, let alone turning their backs on some people, without any form of acknowlegement.

I too will not be travelling over to these so-called 'Melbourne Meets' (should be renamed 'South East Melbourne Meets' - it only took me 30 mins, but I'm sure Helen - for you to travel 2 hours plus, and then be ignored by an established group of friends must have been dissapointing.
I will not go into the philososphy/idea of having a meet, but perhaps some people should remind themselves of this...
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree Helen, some people at that meet were blantantly ignorant and rude - going so far as to deliberately sit away from others, let alone turning their backs on some people, without any form of acknowlegement.

I too will not be travelling over to these so-called 'Melbourne Meets' (should be renamed 'South East Melbourne Meets' - it only took me 30 mins, but I'm sure Helen - for you to travel 2 hours plus, and then be ignored by an established group of friends must have been dissapointing.
I will not go into the philososphy/idea of having a meet, but perhaps some people should remind themselves of this...

Cas,

Yeah, I know. No accounting for some peoples lack of basic manners, huh?

Oh well, you cant teach old dogs new tricks.

All I can say is I hope the people up our end of the table were made to feel a little more welcome than we were after we left.

Hels
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 9:45 pm
Cut on the dotted line...

Location: In the midst of Melb, right a little, down a little
gadgetMan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hels
Cas,

Oh well, you cant teach old dogs new tricks.

All I can say is I hope the people up our end of the table were made to feel a little more welcome than we were after we left.

Hels
Yeah, true speaking of old dogs.........
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 9:54 pm
Part of that group......

vickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Hels]Cas,

Well manners work both ways, I didn't see you come down and talk to us either. In the beginning it was called the South East Meet.

Whilst I appreciate the fact that you traveled, people will naturally gravitate to people they have something in common with. We all live in the South East by and all but one have similar age children.

Vixen
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:30 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning Caroline. I wonder if your refering to me as part of this. Hmmm. Well yes I did sit apart from you. I do believe though we had fully established prior to the meet that we didn't think we'd get on.

Did you get up and approach anyone else or did you sit in a corner so that you could come back and say people ignored you? I know I spoke to several people I had not met before and very pleasant they were to. Some of them were close to me and some I talked to while walking about. I think the only time I saw you get up was when you went outside for a smoke.

As to why others than I did not speak to you I cannot say. I'm sure if you ask them or carry on trying to provoke them you will get the answers you seek.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.