British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Melbourne Meet (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/melbourne-meet-309390/)

melibeam Jun 19th 2005 8:36 am

Melbourne Meet

Hi

Just thought I would start another thread on this, as the South East Meet title might suggest to people that the meet was in the UK .

Anyway the Melbourne meet as originally suggested by AKA is in the Village Green on the corner of Sprinvale Road and Ferntree Gully Road (I think) and the meet is on at 12.30 on the 2 July. Its a buffet style place with a kids play area and games section with playstation and/or gamecubes. They stop serving food at 2.30.

Once we have an idea on numbers we can book a table.

Mel

Princess_atta Jun 19th 2005 9:38 am

Re: Melbourne Meet

Hi there, would love to come but it's right in the middle of dd's sleep time. Will try to be there around 2pm, hopefully some of you will still be there.

wongstonn Jun 19th 2005 12:17 pm

Okay. Try me +3.

Neil

Bordy Jun 20th 2005 9:43 am

Two of us ok for that date.

Bhoywonder Jun 20th 2005 9:54 am

Would love to come. We are arriving on the 30th June. We have never been to Melbourne. Some directions would be great.

3 of us ( little one is only 14 mths though )

Princess_atta Jun 20th 2005 10:03 am

Hi Bhoywonder - will meet you there then - I'm Liz who's been chatting to your lovely wifelt!

Can't wait to meet you all, especially Olivia who I've heard so much about. :)

Bhoywonder Jun 20th 2005 10:23 am

Hi Princess_atta, I've also heard a lot about you all and would be great to put some faces to the names.
We will need to do the zoo thing as well.

Bordy Jun 20th 2005 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
Would love to come. We are arriving on the 30th June. We have never been to Melbourne. Some directions would be great.

3 of us ( little one is only 14 mths though )

Will you have a car by then?? If not we will try & arrange a lift depending on where your going to be staying.

Bhoywonder Jun 20th 2005 10:40 am

Hi Bordy

I have no idea what we will have at that time ( probably a rental ) We are staying in the British Apartments on 168 Arden Street for a couple of weeks.

It is very kind of you to offer a lift. I will let you know if that is OK. ( need to speak to the wife )

Bordy Jun 20th 2005 11:05 am

You will be roughly an hour away from the Viallage Green then. You would need to get on to the Monash Freeway. Might all be a bit daunting on your 2nd day in Melbourne. See how you go.

Bhoywonder Jun 20th 2005 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Bordy
You will be roughly an hour away from the Viallage Green then. You would need to get on to the Monash Freeway. Might all be a bit daunting on your 2nd day in Melbourne. See how you go.

I am sure we will cope, Is Viallage Green an area or the name of the place everyone is meeting at.
Is everything sign posted when on the Monash Freeway?

Lindsay Clan Jun 20th 2005 11:35 am

Cant make this one, but will be definatley there for the next one. We arrive 28th Aug

Stu

Vanessa Jun 20th 2005 11:38 am

I would love to come. We arrive in Melbourne on the 26 June. We are staying at the Medina Apartments, Darling Street, South Yarra. Is the meet place far? Probably won't have a car by then so will need to use public transport, is this possible?

Vanessa

poppet Jun 20th 2005 5:16 pm

would love to but we probably won't arrive until November!! will anyone still be there then? if so please don't drink all the jack daniels :beer: :D

Bordy Jun 20th 2005 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by poppet
would love to but we probably won't arrive until November!! will anyone still be there then? if so please don't drink all the jack daniels :beer: :D

God I hope so, been here 6 year so hopefully still here in November. :D