Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Medical Thread

The Medical Thread

Old Apr 28th 2006, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Medical Thread

Good Luck. Fingers crossed although I am sure you will be fine.

Debs

Originally Posted by mick69
Just to let you know, we are all of for our meds now. :scared: Will let you know how it was when we get back.
Lynne
Old Apr 28th 2006, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, back from the meds and they were fine. Kids were done first and they were great. Height, weight, ears, eyes quick look in mouth and listen to chest also a little prod around on their tummys all fine.
Can't sing there praises enough as they have never had to do anything like this before (age 3 & 4).
Again, mine & OH very straight forward, height, weight, eyes, ears, mouth. Checked for hernias on both of us and had bloods done. He did do a breast check on me which I wasn't expecting but hey ho wasn't bothered anyway.
As long as the bloods come back ok he said we were all fit and healthy, which we already knew but its good to know by a Doc.

Well thats it for us, all we can do now is wait and wait and wait and .................................................. .............

Forgot!!!! Still waiting for PCCS to come back. Then there is nothing left for us to do!!!

Hopefully it won't be long. Good luck to everyone due there meds soon
Lynne x

Last edited by mick69; Apr 28th 2006 at 3:42 pm.
Old May 4th 2006, 10:51 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

LCU said this morning that 'Abdels medicals have been finalised' and as they only received the missing info from mine that doctor forgot to fill in, this morning, they said that my 'medical results are being processed'.

Im worrying about all kinds now, I want to be final not processed.

Bugger it, Im just in one of my states and I might have to have Gordon put down tomorrow and its all shit.
Old May 5th 2006, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

zermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
LCU said this morning that 'Abdels medicals have been finalised' and as they only received the missing info from mine that doctor forgot to fill in, this morning, they said that my 'medical results are being processed'.

Bugger it, Im just in one of my states and I might have to have Gordon put down tomorrow and its all shit.
PP don't worry they are really quick at processing. They usually only take 1 or 2 days max. So may even be processed by the time you get up in the morning. And it is great that they are communicating with you!

They were really efficient with ours and my son had a bit of asthma at the examination (only very low level) and they were ok with it. Only if you have something that requires major medication and surgery or will end up in death do you really need to worry and as you don't probably fit into any of those categories you can relax.

Hope things start to speed up with your PCC's as well! Your almost at the relax and wait stage. By the way your visa is a quicker one than ours I think. I found out what the hold up with ours was. Basically the CO was part-time and only babysitting our case on her two days a week. They have only recently pushed the button to get our internal checks going. I spoke to her the other day and I must say she was unbelievably nice, could have talked to her all day. Anyway we are back next week with our original CO who is fulltime I think so things should go quicker. Anyway just wanted to let you know why ours is so long and it means that yours should go a lot quicker. I think we were just a bit unlucky.

Keep me posted anyway. You might get there before us!
Old May 5th 2006, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

zermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud of

p.s hope gordon is ok!
Old May 5th 2006, 10:41 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zermanedz
p.s hope gordon is ok!
So do I

He has his Aids and Leukaemia test tonight.

I havent had any further emails from LCU today, they emailed me at 1.10am GMT yesterday.

I am panicking a bit that I might be referred.

Oh well, I shall find out soon enough wont I?

Scotland Yard called me again to say they posted pccs on 27th not the 26th, so today or next week hopefully.
Old May 5th 2006, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

So do I

He has his Aids and Leukaemia test tonight.

I havent had any further emails from LCU today, they emailed me at 1.10am GMT yesterday.

I am panicking a bit that I might be referred.

Oh well, I shall find out soon enough wont I?

Scotland Yard called me again to say they posted pccs on 27th not the 26th, so today or next week hopefully.
Gosh it sounds like things are a bit stressful at the moment. But hopefully things will all be ok!

We were referred to a doctor in LCU and it was still a quick processing time. Maybe it took a day extra. So maybe 48 hours or so. Pretty dam quick anyway.

You could always send them another e-mail to see if they have been finalised. They were probably finalised they just haven't e-mailed you. I'm not sure if they do e-mail anyway, only if there is a problem. But I e-mailed them twice so they responded the second time that they were all finalised.

Hope things get a bit easier for you soon!