Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

logan nice or not ??

logan nice or not ??

Old May 6th 2007, 9:42 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: logan nice or not ??

The problem here is that you cant give advise on where someone else should live, and it then ends up in a slagging off coz people dont like other peoples opinions of where they live........You know what i mean !!!!!!!:curse:

Me personally i dont give a rats arse what other people think, everyday we appreciate what a beautiful home we have and are very very happy here.
Old May 6th 2007, 9:48 am

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63 View Post
We are in Taneh Merah and extremely happy after 2.5 years. We did look around many areas but this suited our needs.
Sure there may be dodgy areas in Logan (Woodridge I would call one!) but on the whole I believe the other areas are safe and beautiful and perfect for our kids and our life style.
Shailer Park, Cornubia, Daisy Hill, Tanah Merah etc have some extremely high price housing as well as reasonable which is a good indicator of the quality of people here.
I think Logan district is about half the size of London too so it's huge enough to love in a nice place and far from a dodgy place!

Anyway, enough defending.

I am surprised to see so many of us here so would any mums be interested in a meet somewhere local for coffee (Hyperdome Plaza maybe?)

Noeleen
Hey Noeleen
My OH asked me to let ya know she can meet up Thursdays for coffee if ya like...Drop me a pm ifs its on,,
Old May 6th 2007, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

racheysteve is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there im up for coffee at the hyper cant do thursday mornings though as i help run a playgroup at the school but could do lunchtime maybe let me know Rach x
Old May 7th 2007, 6:25 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrew63 View Post
Interestingly, statistically (QLD govt figures) the highest growth in crime is the gold coast! http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/subscriber.nsf/0/681544F7583BF592CA256F2D007ABC4D/$File/13623_2004.pdf

(see page 40)
The South Eastern Police Region (PR1) accounted for the largest number
of reported crime incidents in Queensland in 2002–03 with 87,055
offences, representing 19.8% of the state total. This region contains the
Gold Coast Police District (PD), which recorded the highest
numbers of reported crime at the PD level with 52,214 (11.9%) offences.

You should tell your mate to move somewhere safer - like Logan!

Andrew
He did! He now lives and works in Guildford, Surrey.
Old May 7th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

thanks for your many suggestions,seams just gotta go there have a good look around to actually see it for ourselfs, we now know where to avoid and places we'd be interested to see.thing is as someone suggested nearer to the cosat the better,well thats wot my sis said too,she is in thornlands like i said before,but thats fine if you can afford it ,thats where the idea of logan came in as it seemed resonably priced,and not too far from the coast but hey price probably reflects wot your getting,if it's true wot many of you's have said.quite a few people on here now have suggested taneh merah,will have to check that one out,so thanks to all of you.

kelsey x
Old May 7th 2007, 2:01 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

As quite a few on here know, we were in Oz for just 3 months before coming back home to the UK.
We rented a lovely 5 bed with pool in Beenleigh while we were there. There was a great park across the road from us and the local shopping centre had everything that you needed. It was just 40 mins drive into Brisbane and the same down to Surfers. The Hyperdome mall is only 10 mins away by car.We certainly didn't see or hear of any trouble while we were there.
With hindsight we probably shouldn't have rented there as there was nothing for my 3 teenage kids to do and there is no nightlife to speak about in the town but we did because my family live in the next town along - Mount Warren Park - and we wanted to be close to them, but that is the only reason we wouldn't have settled there long term.
Mount Warren Park is a lovely place. It's pretty quiet too, but again has everything that you need. There's also a golf course, bowling alley and the local RSL club which is cheap as chips to join and does great food at really cheap prices. There are some good houses to rent at very reasonable prices too.
Just further along is Windaroo. Again pretty quiet but has some lovely houses, a small shopping precinct, tavern and golf course. There's both a primary and high school too and lovely hinterland views.
If you want any more info, pm me and I'll do what I can to help.

Julie. x
Old May 8th 2007, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Juliecabs View Post
As quite a few on here know, we were in Oz for just 3 months before coming back home to the UK.
We rented a lovely 5 bed with pool in Beenleigh while we were there. There was a great park across the road from us and the local shopping centre had everything that you needed. It was just 40 mins drive into Brisbane and the same down to Surfers. The Hyperdome mall is only 10 mins away by car.We certainly didn't see or hear of any trouble while we were there.
With hindsight we probably shouldn't have rented there as there was nothing for my 3 teenage kids to do and there is no nightlife to speak about in the town but we did because my family live in the next town along - Mount Warren Park - and we wanted to be close to them, but that is the only reason we wouldn't have settled there long term.
Mount Warren Park is a lovely place. It's pretty quiet too, but again has everything that you need. There's also a golf course, bowling alley and the local RSL club which is cheap as chips to join and does great food at really cheap prices. There are some good houses to rent at very reasonable prices too.
Just further along is Windaroo. Again pretty quiet but has some lovely houses, a small shopping precinct, tavern and golf course. There's both a primary and high school too and lovely hinterland views.
If you want any more info, pm me and I'll do what I can to help.

Julie. x
Great Post Julie, a fair and unbiased opinion.