Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz party decorations

Oz party decorations

Old May 7th 2007, 2:57 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light
Default Oz party decorations

We are just in the throes of organising our leaving party, which we are aiming to have mid to late July. If anyone has any Oz themed party decorations that they want to get rid of by then I would be very grateful for them.

Will cross your palm with silver obviously!!
Old May 7th 2007, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Oz party decorations

Hi,

We haven't got any at the mo but plan to buy some for our party mid June. If they're still in good condition after will let you know if you still need some.

Tasha x
Old May 7th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz party decorations

Hi - our leaving do is late July, so can't help. We hav ordered cheaply from: www.all4parties.co.uk - they were brill!
Old May 7th 2007, 7:31 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi if you are struggling, check out www.peeks.co.uk

Joex
Old May 8th 2007, 8:37 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Tasha,

Thanks very much - lets see if they survive the party!! If they do then let me know, I am sure we will use them.

Thanks everyone for the links, will have a look at them.

Vikki x
Old May 8th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

hi all were just sorting ours isnt it expensivex
Old May 8th 2007, 9:29 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Here's another supplier I bookmarked ages ago..

http://www.partypacks.co.uk/pics/pdf...australian.pdf

Old May 8th 2007, 12:57 pm
In Aus and loving it!

Originally Posted by tony s
hi all were just sorting ours isnt it expensivex
Hi Tony,

It all adds up doesnt it?! It just seems such a waste to spend lots of money on decorations and then throw them away, at least this way we can recycle them and save us all a bit of cash.

It will be worth it though, I bet they look fab when they are up at the party.

Vikki x

Thanks again for all the links guys.
Old May 8th 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Hi Tony,

It all adds up doesnt it?! It just seems such a waste to spend lots of money on decorations and then throw them away, at least this way we can recycle them and save us all a bit of cash.

It will be worth it though, I bet they look fab when they are up at the party.

Vikki x

Thanks again for all the links guys.

Hi

I've done most of my decorations myself - make bunting (Oz flag) - by printing off the flag and photocopying it.

Get string and staple the flag to it - it looks great. You do need time on your hands - but believe me - it works!!!

I also made up my own invites!!

Bought some Fosters coasters from e-bay (£99p) - and a few other bits and bobs!!

Cheap as chips.

Blue Peter eat your heart out...

Laura
Old May 8th 2007, 1:16 pm
In Aus and loving it!

and here's one she made earlier......................

Thats a really good idea actually, am quite handy myself so would probably be able to do it. Will have a serious think about it so thanks for that.

Just thinking, I am a childminder, surely I can somehow get the children making all of this for me I dont think the parents will mind if I turn my house into a children's sweatshop will they???!!! What do you all think?
Old May 8th 2007, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

and here's one she made earlier......................

Thats a really good idea actually, am quite handy myself so would probably be able to do it. Will have a serious think about it so thanks for that.

Just thinking, I am a childminder, surely I can somehow get the children making all of this for me I dont think the parents will mind if I turn my house into a children's sweatshop will they???!!! What do you all think?
I think that sounds great!!

I must admit, I did have a sense of achievement when I done it (sad, I know).

Laura
Old May 8th 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Oz party decorations

Might have a go at that myself if you don't mind me stealing your ideas . I used to be quite artistic when I used to have the time - before children!!

Tasha x
Old May 8th 2007, 4:19 pm
skye

Why dont you thread string through all the empty oz beer bottles you have drank...... keep you occupied for hours!

Old May 8th 2007, 5:58 pm
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hi
I am also making our decorations, printing out clip art piccys, cutting into triangle shapes and stapling onto string, looks good and the kids are having fun helping.!! also bought a couple of cuddly koalas etc at car boot sale to put around the place
Old May 8th 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

We are just in the throes of organising our leaving party, which we are aiming to have mid to late July. If anyone has any Oz themed party decorations that they want to get rid of by then I would be very grateful for them.

Will cross your palm with silver obviously!!
Hi VikkiL,
We have just had our party on Saturday, and have loads of bits. Two Aus flags, about 4 strips of bunting, loads of table centre pieces that are red, blue and white, which we felt were so big that we placed around the room. we had xmas lights wrapped around the beams and had stacks of red, white and blue balloons. Surf boards around the side of the room. Tealights in jam jars and vases with flowers, on each table. it looked good.
Anyway, the problem would be how on earth do we get bits to you???????????????
Shame really as my nan has gone back to my parents and will be going back to Oldham tomorrow. Couldve sent things with her.
I expect it would cost abit to post it to be honest so may be cheaper to buy??
Jackie and Justin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.