Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

logan nice or not ??

logan nice or not ??

Old May 2nd 2007, 10:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: logan nice or not ??

Originally Posted by kateandderek2
it's an irish bar in name only.

the only irish person i've ever heard in there is my OH kate.

i'm surprised you've never heard her, she gets quite loud on a weekend with a few sherberts down her neck.

derek
Which of course you never do.........must have been your brother I met the other night
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work in Mannheim in Germany (its near Heidelberg), and it had an Irish bar (http://www.murphyslaw-mannheim.com/). Its true, and they used to import irish barmaids! And I was the only Irish person who ever went there, Mannheim isn't exactly on the tourist trail. So every time I went, I got free beer to keep me there, so all the germans could meet a real Irish person, and make crap jokes about leprechauns. They even gave me a free sunday lunch one time just so all the Mannheimers could meet me.

Having said all that, Mannheim is an absolute hole.

Anyway

i'm surprised you've never heard her, she gets quite loud on a weekend with a few sherberts down her neck.

derek
I'm kind of immune to loud, fully sherbeted Irish women. I did my 5 years of drinking in Dublin certification.

Rule 1) Ignore the noisy one.

Rule 2) Check if her friend is cute and quieter

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; May 2nd 2007 at 11:38 am.
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:53 am
Just Joined

jonah1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just drove through here last week. It was really rough, and seemed to have lots of housing commision/ council housing. Drove out pretty quick.
Old May 4th 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to all

derek

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Which of course you never do.........must have been your brother I met the other night

yes it was. he's proved to be quite an embarrassment to the family over the years.

he said he had a good night though and enjoyed meeting you.

derek
Old May 4th 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ding Dong
Is Logan the same area as Loganholme ? Have been talking to a friend of a friend that lives in Shailer Park / Loganholme area that says the area is really nice, quite reasonable to rent or buy in , close to parks, shopping mall and Ikea. Are we being misinformed ?
hi,we lived in redland bay for 6 months in rented accomodation but found the travelling to work too much.we moved to shailer park 12 months ago with our 5 yr old son and love it,the local school (kimberley park) is a good school,we are near the hyperdome/library/ikea.2 minutes from the motorway for either direction north or south and has cut our travelling time to work by 40 minutes.(greenslopes and morningside)the rent is reasonable and the house prices have risen since we bought last year.
the area of logan itself is about 10-15 minutes from shailer park.
all the best debs andy and blaine
Old May 4th 2007, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

thanks for that,some good info.

kelsey
Old May 6th 2007, 12:28 am
Just Joined

racheysteve is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there, i am a bogan from logan and all of you that have a bad opinion on the area obviously have not looked closely enough. there are less desirable areas but logan is a huge area. i myself would not choose to live in logan itself, woodridge, marsden, loganlea but thats just my personal preference. i live in tanah merah which is next to shailer park, daisy hill, springwood all of which are fantastic areas to live in. my kids go to shailer park state school and love it. we are 45 mins drive from the gold coast and 35 mins from the city so a good place for any one that has a trade and works in all areas of qld. We have great facilities on our doorstep and would not want to live anywhere else. if you want more info let me know thanks Rach x
Old May 6th 2007, 3:28 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough....I'm working with the Logan PCYC just now working with youths in the area who are making a film about Youth Violence perception in Logan. There was an article recently in the paper and on-line that sensationalised Logan crime stating that there were organised gangs comparative to LA, with guns etc.... This was proven to be a fabrication and later they found that reporters had paid people to talk to plump up their story. Through our interviews and research, we found the crime rate is actually comparable with many other districts. The majority of crime in Logan is domestic violence issues aparently. (I am doing the stats next week - so PM me if interested in figures!) Logan has a large Multicultural communities too with many projects set up there to help migrants from various countries. Personally, I would not live there as I came to escape to rainforrest area. However, I would feel it unjust to the children I am working with if the image of crime and gangs was the lasting impression that people percieve Logan to be. Crime is everywhere I'm afraid and statistically Logan is comparative with many other areas in Qld.

Last edited by wholeworldwindow; May 6th 2007 at 3:39 am.
Old May 6th 2007, 6:27 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by racheysteve
hi there, i am a bogan from logan and all of you that have a bad opinion on the area obviously have not looked closely enough. there are less desirable areas but logan is a huge area. i myself would not choose to live in logan itself, woodridge, marsden, loganlea but thats just my personal preference. i live in tanah merah which is next to shailer park, daisy hill, springwood all of which are fantastic areas to live in. my kids go to shailer park state school and love it. we are 45 mins drive from the gold coast and 35 mins from the city so a good place for any one that has a trade and works in all areas of qld. We have great facilities on our doorstep and would not want to live anywhere else. if you want more info let me know thanks Rach x
Well Said Rach...We live in Shailer Park and like you are very happy here.
Old May 6th 2007, 7:20 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
we are thinking of looking at renting in logan,thing is we dont know much about the place,hubby is an electrician ,we have 2 kids aged 8 years and 2 years,and my sis lives in thornlands ,how far to drive to ,would like affordable housing,any info appreciated
Aviod Logan and Ipswich,if you move to the Gold Coast try Pacific Pines or Helensvale.Robina is nice but a bit more expensive.Anywhere on the coast is worth looking at.We're between Ashmore and Surfers and love it here.
Also give Nerang a body swerve too.
Old May 6th 2007, 7:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

yes it was. he's proved to be quite an embarrassment to the family over the years.

he said he had a good night though and enjoyed meeting you.

derek
Oh good, glad he had a good time! Funniest part was my ex that supports Arsenal (hiss spit) emailed me the next day! Still going on about how fab they are, and hpw they are superior to everyone in the world (yawwwwn). Very spooky as its the first I've heard from him in 14 years!!
Old May 6th 2007, 7:42 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
Well Said Rach...We live in Shailer Park and like you are very happy here.
We are in Taneh Merah and extremely happy after 2.5 years. We did look around many areas but this suited our needs.
Sure there may be dodgy areas in Logan (Woodridge I would call one!) but on the whole I believe the other areas are safe and beautiful and perfect for our kids and our life style.
Shailer Park, Cornubia, Daisy Hill, Tanah Merah etc have some extremely high price housing as well as reasonable which is a good indicator of the quality of people here.
I think Logan district is about half the size of London too so it's huge enough to love in a nice place and far from a dodgy place!

Anyway, enough defending.

I am surprised to see so many of us here so would any mums be interested in a meet somewhere local for coffee (Hyperdome Plaza maybe?)

Noeleen
Old May 6th 2007, 7:58 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

As seems to have already been said....don't do it!

An Aussie friend of ours, Gold Coast born and bred, has advised us that it is one place to avoid like the plague!

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
we are thinking of looking at renting in logan,thing is we dont know much about the place,hubby is an electrician ,we have 2 kids aged 8 years and 2 years,and my sis lives in thornlands ,how far to drive to ,would like affordable housing,any info appreciated
Old May 6th 2007, 9:02 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
As seems to have already been said....don't do it!

An Aussie friend of ours, Gold Coast born and bred, has advised us that it is one place to avoid like the plague!
Interestingly, statistically (QLD govt figures) the highest growth in crime is the gold coast! http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/subscriber.nsf/0/681544F7583BF592CA256F2D007ABC4D/$File/13623_2004.pdf

(see page 40)
The South Eastern Police Region (PR1) accounted for the largest number
of reported crime incidents in Queensland in 2002–03 with 87,055
offences, representing 19.8% of the state total. This region contains the
Gold Coast Police District (PD), which recorded the highest
numbers of reported crime at the PD level with 52,214 (11.9%) offences.

You should tell your mate to move somewhere safer - like Logan!

Andrew
Old May 6th 2007, 9:38 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
Interestingly, statistically (QLD govt figures) the highest growth in crime is the gold coast! http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/subscriber.nsf/0/681544F7583BF592CA256F2D007ABC4D/$File/13623_2004.pdf

(see page 40)
The South Eastern Police Region (PR1) accounted for the largest number
of reported crime incidents in Queensland in 2002–03 with 87,055
offences, representing 19.8% of the state total. This region contains the
Gold Coast Police District (PD), which recorded the highest
numbers of reported crime at the PD level with 52,214 (11.9%) offences.

You should tell your mate to move somewhere safer - like Logan!

Andrew

Nice 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.