Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Life in Brisbane's Bayside - What's it like?

Life in Brisbane's Bayside - What's it like?

Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:35 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Life in Brisbane's Bayside - What's it like?

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Make it low tide so the children can chase the crabs
The problem is they can run so far out, without getting into deep water, that they get of of my site of vision

Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

If the Redlands had surf beaches, it would actually be worse than the Gold Coast CBD due to the proximity of Brisbane as an employment base. Mind you Brisbane would also be a lot larger than it is now if there were surf beaches as many southerners would have made the move long ago and skipped the Gold Coast.

WW

Must say its nice that it hasn't, its nice for everyone to have a good choice of different areas to choose from I love Brisbane itself, due to the type of work we do there is no need for us to live really close to it....which is lucky as we wanted to be close to beaches.

Have stayed with John & Netta in Balmoral which is lovely. Also other areas close to Brisbane are well worth a look too. They really have quick connections into Brisbane and great access to bars and restaurants....all depends what your looking for.

Sue x
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
Hope I haven't started a Bayside v Gold Coast thread. They're both great spots for different people. Plus, alot of people like living in the centre of Brisbane or up in the Redcliffe area. The point is have a look around when you get here and choose the place that suits you.

Paul.

Your right there is so much to choose from, thats why we came to Brisbane
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

it si sgreat to have such a choice,but the problem is i love the gold coast,although not surfers,i love brisbane and surrounding suburbs and the sunshine coast is nice to,lol,what do you do
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

sorry my internet connection got cut off last night in the storm you can swim in the water,but im not sure about diving or snorkeling,havent tried it mayslef,at wellington point you can walk right out to an island when the tide is out,
Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
These small beaches on bayside - are any of them any good for swimming / snorkelling? And is there any diving on bayside or do you have to go further afield?

Thanks

Buzzy
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scissors
it si sgreat to have such a choice,but the problem is i love the gold coast,although not surfers,i love brisbane and surrounding suburbs and the sunshine coast is nice to,lol,what do you do
There is a medical condition that would allow you to be in all 3 places at once

WW
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:20 am
ABCDiamond

sorry my internet connection got cut off last night in the storm
I lost my connection last night too. No power cut, but just no internet. Which ISP are you with ?

Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

if only we could have the best of all the places
There is a medical condition that would allow you to be in all 3 places at once

WW
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

hi ABc we re with big pond,and we were the same didnt lose power at all just the internet,it only came back on half an hour ago to be honest this seems to be happening alot
Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I lost my connection last night too. No power cut, but just no internet. Which ISP are you with ?
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

hi ABc we re with big pond,and we were the same didnt lose power at all just the internet,it only came back on half an hour ago to be honest this seems to be happening alot
Storms, wind, trees, gravity, powerlines = darkness and no comms

An Arlec recharged flourescent light may be a good purchase this summer as well as some (windup) LED torches. Or get some headlamps.
Just need to find a storm detecting automatic bunker-down-window shutting device.

WW
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

if you find one can you let me know mate
Storms, wind, trees, gravity, powerlines = darkness and no comms

An Arlec recharged flourescent light may be a good purchase this summer as well as some (windup) LED torches. Or get some headlamps.
Just need to find a storm detecting automatic bunker-down-window shutting device.

WW
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:20 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Just try resetting your broadband modem by unplugging it, waiting a few seconds, and plugging it back in. It should then reconnect with your ISP and you should have broadband. I get knocked off ADSL most heavy storms and have to do that at least once. Works for us no worries
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

we do do that ate,sometimes it works and others it just wont its very frustrating i must say
Originally Posted by Centurion
Just try resetting your broadband modem by unplugging it, waiting a few seconds, and plugging it back in. It should then reconnect with your ISP and you should have broadband. I get knocked off ADSL most heavy storms and have to do that at least once. Works for us no worries
Old Dec 9th 2005, 5:50 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Life in Brisbane's Bayside - What's it like?

sorry my internet connection got cut off last night in the storm
Believe it or not we lost power last night here in Middlesex!!!!

Here am I tapping away at BE, and the lights go out!!! Turns out some contractors building a new school a few streets away chopped through a cable and cut off all the streets around here. Wasn't back on for 3 hours. Had to find candles and torches - just like when I was a kid growing up in the wop-wops.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:42 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Are the bayside's built around wetlands or am I being really ignorant?

Cheers

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.