Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Last ditch attempt at being positive!

Last ditch attempt at being positive!

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last ditch attempt at being positive!

Originally posted by Pollyana
AND I WANT SOMEONE TO SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE!
PLEASE!
Wow, with all that happening & about to happen what a great adventure is unfolding, life isn't boring for you and your've got so much to experience, a wedding, a new home, another era awaits, and what an opportunity awaits, all sounds pretty positive to me, just grab it with both hands and run
Life isn't that boring sometimes is it?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 7:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Will pop in to Sainsbury's tomorrow and pick up a can of troll-Repellent in case any of them try and sneak in on Sunday!
Feeling much better now there are a few more positive vibes around.
And consigning 10 binbags to the pavement for the garbos tomorrow has helped too - all that junk........ some of them are so heavy I may stay up all night just to what happens when the seagulls try and fly off with them......
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hi Pollyanna

Remember when we met at the Brighton meet, we were only 13 days away from leaving, had a real mixture of emotions, actually sometimes wondering what the hell we are doing!!!! But we have been here 4 months now and everything is falling into place, hubby has a job now, boys are happy in school, we had never been here before, didn't know what to expect, but so glad we had the choice to do this, we consider ourselves very lucky,

You have your hubby to be waiting for you, ready to start a new life together, so no doubts, just go for it, it will be worth it in the end Im sure!!!!

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Are you sure you're going the right thing!!!!!

Only Jesting Pollyanna. "she'll be all right mate". You would be having pre-wedding nerves if you were getting married in Uk so you are just doubling up on the experience you greedy thing!

It's that whole overwhelming enormity of it all that's hitting you, it will pass and you have so much to look forward to.

happy, happy, happy
Go Go Go
Diane
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:02 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pol,
When/where are you getting married? we got married in Oz on xmas day last year - was fantastic! All the best for your brilliant new life.

X
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:10 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emma,
Well, assuming I get all the nerves under control (and I'm sure I will!!) we are getting hitched at the end of January, and we're looking at somewhere with the sea as a backdrop - possibly Margate/Redcliffe area just north of Brissie. Its going to be low-key and informal - whatever the mother-in-law may say!
Should be good - as DianeOz says, its just that I'm getting a double whammy at present - emigrating AND the wedding!

Abergas - yes, you're right, you seem to be making a good go of it, and I remember you at the last meet just about to fly out and never been before. Guess its true, it'll be worth it in the end!

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:50 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi P , have only just seen this and i'm shocked at you! Stop dithering about, finish chucking out the lypsalves and broken saftey pins and get the eff outta here! If you carry on moaning i'm gonna tell your copper mates about the cone hidden in ya hat, then you'll be arrested, get a criminal record and won't be able to go anyway!
Remember all the reasons that you have for going, then
Hope you're feeling a bit better today mate!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:31 am
Home and Happy

ARGHHHH!! No, don't tell about me cone Hevs! Its in a box, labelled "ornaments"! Seriously though, much better today. Yesterday was sparked off mainly by poor old Podgypossum getting shot down in flames when all she asked for were some positive views of Oz! I just got so fed up with all the griping that I threw all my toys out of the pram, and then went out and read the riot act to the shippers! Think they'll be treating my stuff with kid gloves after that!
Lots of cheerful messages waiting when I got back, so I've now decided I will go and get married after all, and I'll post positive messages from Queensland as well!

Have finished chucking out the c**p now I think - 10 binbags, 5 pillows and a bathroom cabinet waiting for the garbos today!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased tto read you are feeling better this morning.

I think that we all have to accept that this forum can be brilliant at times, but then every so often it goes through a bad patch. (I have put it down to the moon changing). I know, I have been through it several times, and if we happen to be having a bit of a bad time with all that is going on with this move, it can be very disheartening.
I like to read the ups and downs of living in Oz, but that is someone elses experience, not mine or yours.

Keep going at it now Polly. You have been such a positive, informative, friendly, funny, nice to know poster on here, we all wish you the very best for your future.

To all of you meeting up on Sunday, have a brilliant time.

Whisky
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 10:18 am
Home and Happy

Whisky - thanks for that! Pity you can't come along on Sunday, but I'm sure we'll meet up one day.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

I am now sitting in my flat, with my furniture being sold from underneath me. from tomorrow the pc will be on the floor, and all my belongings are in boxes. By next weekend I will be homeless and jobless for the first time ever. I'm getting pre-wedding nerves, pre-migration nerves, leaving-do nerves and any other nerves you can think of.
AND I WANT SOMEONE TO SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE!
PLEASE!

[/QUOTE]

poll

dosnt matter where you live as long as you are with the one you love

love conquers all

tick tock tick tock
Attached Images