British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Last ditch attempt at being positive! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/last-ditch-attempt-being-positive-182241/)

Pollyana Oct 2nd 2003 1:07 pm

Last ditch attempt at being positive!

Ok, we know that Ellen is having problems, and no-one is trying to make light of that, as I'm sure she realises.
The last post that tried to get some positive comments has dissolved into another pile of negativity and surrealism (tho the surreal comment was quite funny!)

I am now sitting in my flat, with my furniture being sold from underneath me. from tomorrow the pc will be on the floor, and all my belongings are in boxes. By next weekend I will be homeless and jobless for the first time ever. I'm getting pre-wedding nerves, pre-migration nerves, leaving-do nerves and any other nerves you can think of.
AND I WANT SOMEONE TO SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE!
PLEASE!

:( :(

PeteY Oct 2nd 2003 1:10 pm

Re: Last ditch attempt at being positive!

Originally posted by Pollyana
Ok, we know that Ellen is having problems, and no-one is trying to make light of that, as I'm sure she realises.
The last post that tried to get some positive comments has dissolved into another pile of negativity and surrealism (tho the surreal comment was quite funny!)

I am now sitting in my flat, with my furniture being sold from underneath me. from tomorrow the pc will be on the floor, and all my belongings are in boxes. By next weekend I will be homeless and jobless for the first time ever. I'm getting pre-wedding nerves, pre-migration nerves, leaving-do nerves and any other nerves you can think of.
PLEASE!

The fishing in Aus is absolutely amazing :)

As is the diving.
And the climbing.
And the camping.
And the canoeing.
And the sailing.
And the surfing.
And the golf.
And the team sports.

Actually....pretty much anything you can do outdoors in your leisure time is darn good down under.

artep Oct 2nd 2003 1:11 pm

It will all be worth it in the end..................:)

seang Oct 2nd 2003 1:13 pm

and you will have done it

very best of luck with it

whisky Oct 2nd 2003 1:16 pm

Everything will be fine Pollyana. Okay it is getting close for us all now, but you have a positive attitude, and you have so much to look forward too. Don't get down now, you are almost there.
Brilliant!!!

Whisky

WBB Oct 2nd 2003 1:16 pm

and if i am not mistaken your hubby to be lives there.!

:D

leanda Oct 2nd 2003 1:17 pm

PLEASE!

Try weaning yourself off this site, get out your photos, brochures of Oz and think this time next month you will be in the Sun, you are doing what many many people can never even hope to do, we are the lucky ones on this site that seem to have a choice in where we want to live and what we want to do, our jobs and skills have allowed us the chance that many will never have. Grab it with both hands and don't let go. When you step off that plane in Oz all these doubts will be gone. Good Luck hope to join you next year in the lovely land down under. :) :) ;)

whisky Oct 2nd 2003 1:27 pm

Originally posted by Bigdigger
+ + Five weeks to go then we no longer have to put up with your moaning. God help your husband to be + +
And who are you? Have I missed something? When has Pollyana moaned?

Whisky

lynnj Oct 2nd 2003 1:32 pm

Pollyanna

sorry i'm not too up on the positives today either, but this is the best i can think of.

Even if everything is as bad as everyone oves to point out, you still have your man, you still have the sun and you still have your favourite beer, what more can a girl ask for.

Cheer up you lucky sod:lecture:

Lynn

karawara88 Oct 2nd 2003 1:34 pm

When the sun is shining and the birds are singing looking out across the river to the city is a wonderful experience.:)

footie chick Oct 2nd 2003 1:39 pm

PLEASE!

Remember the reasons why you are up-rooting in the first place!!

In a few weeks you will be starting a whole new chapter of your life with your fiance. Start looking forward not backward.

See you Sunday and we can have a nice goodbye drink ;)

footie chick

WBB Oct 2nd 2003 1:42 pm

+ + Five weeks to go then we no longer have to put up with your moaning. God help your husband to be + +

you seem to of got lost mate.....the kids usually post on msn

podgypossum Oct 2nd 2003 1:45 pm

Ahhh...this is better...a breath of fesh air!!.. :D

spuds Oct 2nd 2003 1:47 pm

Well, we are off to Utopia in 17 days and I for one can't wait.

I am really looking forward to round the clock sunshine, cuddling the koalas in my garden and never having to work hard again.

I assume that is how the trolls think I see Oz anyway!;)

More realistically I am looking forward to a new experience, a new culture, a new start, new friends and a chance to grab a better life, whatever happens. New friends, incidently, like Poggle who has been out there for a while now and is so happy. They have been lucky enough to get jobs and houses and are so content with their lot it gives people like us something to aspire to.

Yes I am looking forward to the outdoor life, getting away from the tv and getting out and doing stuff. I am looking forward to being with people who are genuine and friendly (at least in my experience) and seeing old friends as well as making new ones.

I am looking forward to our beautiful new apartment which we could never afford over here. I am looking forwrad to the views I get of the city from my balcony.

I am looking forward to taking the tram to work and not having to sit on a manky train stuck in the middle of a grey nowhere because there is some sort of signal problem. I am looking forward to spending time with my bloke who won't have to commute for 3 hours a day anymore.

I am looking forward to the world cup and the best xmas ever.:D
I am NOT looking forward to trying to cram everything into one bloody suitcase !:mad:

Show me the way to check in, you trolls will never keep me out - you can't keep Oz to yourself and all mad idealistic, fluffy headed dreamers of limited intelligence should stick to their dreams.

ADELAIDE BOUND Oct 2nd 2003 1:57 pm

You are not Frank Bruno by any chance are you??????

Cheers. :beer: