Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Last ditch attempt at being positive!

Last ditch attempt at being positive!

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

I can hear a captain sensible song coming on..................all together now.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:25 pm
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last ditch attempt at being positive!

Originally posted by Pollyana
Ok, we know that Ellen is having problems, and no-one is trying to make light of that, as I'm sure she realises.
The last post that tried to get some positive comments has dissolved into another pile of negativity and surrealism (tho the surreal comment was quite funny!)

I am now sitting in my flat, with my furniture being sold from underneath me. from tomorrow the pc will be on the floor, and all my belongings are in boxes. By next weekend I will be homeless and jobless for the first time ever. I'm getting pre-wedding nerves, pre-migration nerves, leaving-do nerves and any other nerves you can think of.
AND I WANT SOMEONE TO SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE!
PLEASE!

Hi Pollyana

I have no experience of OZ but my husband's cousin has nothing but positive things to say about it! She says it's the open spaces, the wonderful cheery optimism of everyone, the weather... And she can say all this after her husband ran off with one of her best friends!

Good luck
There is a whole world out there waiting to be explored!

Theresa
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on in there Poll.... don't quit now. Soon you'll be out of this soggy, dreary place and in the arms of hubby to be! You've got so much to look forward to; a new chapter of your life is beginning.
Anyway, what happened to the cone?
Larissa
PS Watch out for the Brisbane trolls... feel a story hatching! :scared:
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:39 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyana, when you get here you, the bloke, Dagboy & myself will have to get together & have a drink or 2. Then we can compare stories about what we love most about Oz & laugh at the trolls .

Dagboy says to tell you that he makes a mean home brew Coopers Real Ale .

Not long now, keep the chin up, wheres that dancing smilie? :PARTY:
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:48 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Dagboy says to tell you that he makes a mean home brew Coopers Real Ale .
He ever tried making Pale?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:55 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
He ever tried making Pale?
Dont think so, hes done the real ale a couple of times & the bitter once as well.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 3:00 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Dont think so, hes done the real ale a couple of times & the bitter once as well.
Did they work well? Is it easy? Tell me more please I have always been keen to give beer brewing a go, but after one badly failed attempt at uni i gave up.

And also....to keep the thread on track...

Beer in aus is a positive. I like proper ale mainly, and you can get it in oz....but the climate just makes an icey cold lager taste wonderful.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 3:05 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by PeteY
Did they work well? Is it easy? Tell me more please I have always been keen to give beer brewing a go, but after one badly failed attempt at uni i gave up.

And also....to keep the thread on track...

Beer in aus is a positive. I like proper ale mainly, and you can get it in oz....but the climate just makes an icey cold lager taste wonderful.
Yes, worked well, only had one failure where it got too hot, hes made quite a few different batches, its not terribly hard. Hes got 2 different batches bottled up in the shed right now that hes just begun to drink, not sure what they are though, he will have to tell you more, I'll get him post about it tommorrow.

Hes definitely an ale man too .
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 3:06 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Last ditch attempt at being positive!

Ok, we know that Ellen is having problems, and no-one is trying to make light of that, as I'm sure she realises.
The last post that tried to get some positive comments has dissolved into another pile of negativity and surrealism (tho the surreal comment was quite funny!)

I am now sitting in my flat, with my furniture being sold from underneath me. from tomorrow the pc will be on the floor, and all my belongings are in boxes. By next weekend I will be homeless and jobless for the first time ever. I'm getting pre-wedding nerves, pre-migration nerves, leaving-do nerves and any other nerves you can think of.
AND I WANT SOMEONE TO SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE!
PLEASE!

With every piece of furniture that goes, just think you're one step closer to your dream. Go get it, girl!!

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 6:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

well now I know what happens when I try and be positive - the forum server crashes!!! No seriously, thanks for the positive vibes everyone - it proves there are still positive thinkers out there!
Love your thoughts Emma - describes the Oz I've been to and hope to settle in!
Larissa - I've just got back from the shippers with more boxes, and the cone is about to go into one of them! I did consider wearing it on Sunday - I've not been thrown out of a pub for a while!
And as for bigdigger - my Bloke thinks God helped him find me, and considers himself very lucky, so you're a bit late invoking his help there. I notice that you removed your post before I could read it..... any particular reason?!

Oh and Mrs Dagboy, tell Dagboy to get the beer on ice, we'll be over to join you soon - they can talk sport and we'll talk weddings!

Thanks to all of you - lets keep up the positive thinking!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Poll
Think it crashed due to the football malarky - up and running but all the names removed. Glad it's up and running again though!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Pollyana

I have always found you to be one of the most positive posters. We cant wait to see the wedding piccies online.

Enjoy yourself and dont let the b?*^%&? get you down.
Debs
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 6:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Larissa, I did wonder how long they'd get away with that football thing - was a bit libellous.
Debsy, thanks, & I'll certainly get some of the photos on here somehow!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Larissa, I did wonder how long they'd get away with that football thing - was a bit libellous.
Debsy, thanks, & I'll certainly get some of the photos on here somehow!
just wanted to add my good wishes...just think of unpacking and starting a new life every time you look at all the boxes and question what you are doing. hope to be doing the same thing myself in under a year!
susan
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Pollyana, what more could you want the chance to go live with the man of your dreams in Oz! Just think you could have married someone from Wigan ( no offence Wiganers), then look where you would have ended up

Seriously you are such a happy, positive person that I am sure you are going to make a real go of it out there. It will be the best thing you ever did and you will look back in a couple of months and think, what was I worrying about?

We will all be there to cheer you up on Sunday. We can have a good laugh about all of those annoying posts.

See ya Sunday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.