Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:03 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
congratualtions!!!
That is brilliant news. I have seen my sold board go up and then down again, not a nice feeling
I know, that's why I went to speak to him as made clear would not be happy if it goes back "for sale"!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshrice
Hiya we have just had another viewing yesterday seemed to like it and also asked us when we were looking to move by fingers crossed should have had another viewing at 7.15 but yet again another no shower oh well . i have put our house on ebay just for promotional purposes, i put it on on sunday evening and since then we have had 100 hits and een though i have said do not bid we have one watcher why???? so would say it is a good way of getting property noticed if anyone would like to see what i have done it is Item number: 5603022935
poshrice
I always wondered if I should give it a go, even though we are using an estate agent, any extra advertising is a bonus. The housing market in West Cumbria is pretty stagnant at the moment, my sister-in-law has only had 2 viewings in five months!!! Once I've uploaded it I'll post the item number for you to have a look at to see what I've done and tell you how much it cost, etc.

Our viewing last night seemed to go well but the couple haven't sold their own house and it's on the market for 45 grand higher than ours so I'm not getting my hopes up.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:04 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
I know, that's why I went to speak to him as made clear would not be happy if it goes back "for sale"!!!

Sure you will be fine, they are chomping at the bit. The estate agent that sold ours and our buyers house always had a bad feeling about the 1st time buyer at the bottom but couldnt put his finger on it, he was right
Good Luck!!!
In fact I am sorry I even made that post, it sounded like I am not happy for you, I am. Just having a bad day
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
In fact I am sorry I even made that post, it sounded like I am not happy for you, I am. Just having a bad day

dont be daft

tried to send you k but alas, need to spread...
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:02 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG the sold sign is up!

AND they want to try and exchange within 4 weeks and complete 2-3 weeks after that!!! :scared:
Bloody brilliant
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:20 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont be daft

tried to send you k but alas, need to spread...
Ditto
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

OMG the sold sign is up!

AND they want to try and exchange within 4 weeks and complete 2-3 weeks after that!!! :scared:

fantastic. congratulations

Tracey
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Dave - Jackie will become famous soon enoughDave - Jackie will become famous soon enough

Hi there

We have got our's up, been up since early June and only had 3 viewers! Dropped the price already as I am fed up waiting.

Might give the National Home Buyer's guide a ring but I have heard a few bad reports saying that they offer you nothing for your house... Does anybody know.??

Jackie
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 6:19 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

A lady came to view our house this afternoon, had a good look round and off she went with the estate agent. Half an hour later the agent rang to say she really liked the house and could she come back bringing her son this time to have another look round in 5 minutes. I'd just let my 10 year old tip all his Lego on the floor so we had to frantically tidy all this away. Her and her son had a good look round and made lots of positive comments which really got my hopes up. After they'd gone though the agent finally thought to tell me they hadn't even put their house on the market yet. What a waste of an afternoon
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 6:22 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The A Team
A lady came to view our house this afternoon, had a good look round and off she went with the estate agent. Half an hour later the agent rang to say she really liked the house and could she come back bringing her son this time to have another look round in 5 minutes. I'd just let my 10 year old tip all his Lego on the floor so we had to frantically tidy all this away. Her and her son had a good look round and made lots of positive comments which really got my hopes up. After they'd gone though the agent finally thought to tell me they hadn't even put their house on the market yet. What a waste of an afternoon

Bl**dy timewasters!

We've had our house on the market THREE weeks tomorrow and not one s*dding viewing. Still, I went get really stressed until we have our med request!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by The A Team

Shouldnt the agent have told you that BEFORE she came round?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 6:59 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dave - Jackie
Hi there

We have got our's up, been up since early June and only had 3 viewers! Dropped the price already as I am fed up waiting.

Might give the National Home Buyer's guide a ring but I have heard a few bad reports saying that they offer you nothing for your house... Does anybody know.??

Jackie
Hiay i gave jemstar a ring who are a similar company and they informed me that national homebuyers will want the property for 25% less than the market value also they charge u a £500 valuation fee which u get back if u sell them your property

poshrice
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 7:08 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldnt the agent have told you that BEFORE she came round?
Well it would have been nice if she had........bloody agents

Next time I'm going to check first if the viewers are in a position to buy. I normally do but this time I forgot to ask.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

We've had our house on the market for 3 months and so far no offers!
We've had quite a lot of viewers but it surprises me how many people ring the estate agents to arrange viewings when they haven't even put their house on the market!!!

It looks like my boyf will have to fly over to Perth to validate his visa on his own!! I already have an Aussie passport (Lucky me!!) so it was just a case of getting him accepted! Now the visa is all sorted we thought we could emigrate before his validation period was up!! Things are getting closer so we'll have to book that flight for him!!!
Looks like a lonely 23 hr flight on his own, only to return to wait for a buyer!!!
Fingers crossed, something will happen soon!!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

mark & jools is an unknown quantity at this point

Count us in too. Going through the sell process at the moment. We were informed this morning that the buyers were pulling out; nearly cried... then became overcome with the incredably strong feeling of wanting to go and throttle the potential buyers for wasting 4weeks of our time. After counting to 1000, made a few phone calls and found out that it was the solicitors and agents that I should be throttling for relaying the wrong info to the buyer. Made a few more phone calls, rectified the problem and we're back on track to exchange next week. We're no strangers to selling houses, but this time its been one of the most nerve racking experiences of our lives. Hope yours goes soomthly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.