Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by bridiej
OMG the sold sign is up!

AND they want to try and exchange within 4 weeks and complete 2-3 weeks after that!!! :scared:
Ok I'm really hating you right now ( ) - only because I am jealous. We have our 30th (yes folks, 30th!!!!) viewing booked on Saturday and frankly, I am not hopeful. I believe all house viewers to be evil little beings sent from who knows where to test our sanity!!!!! If one more person complains about being able to see our next door neighbours sheds.........
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:45 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

The viewer came round last night, he is going to check with local planning authority to see about planning permission on the workshop, and will be in touch with us in a couple of weeks. He owns a lot of property around the area so planning used to dealing with him, so he should get a quick answer on if it is viable or not.

Fingers crossed

Good luck to everyone else

Kay
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:56 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Fingers crossed Kay!

Coxfam - sent you some house selling k
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:46 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi all

The viewer came round last night, he is going to check with local planning authority to see about planning permission on the workshop, and will be in touch with us in a couple of weeks. He owns a lot of property around the area so planning used to dealing with him, so he should get a quick answer on if it is viable or not.

Fingers crossed

Good luck to everyone else

Kay
Good Luck Kay
This could be the one!!!
Here's hoping girl....

Ang
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Just posted our house on eBay.. it only cost £1.62. The Item No is 4397740472 if you want to get an idea of what you can do.

Jude
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Good Luck Kay
This could be the one!!!
Here's hoping girl....

Ang
Thanks Ang I really hope so, I find the house selling worse than waiting for the visa we have such a unique property and so limits the buyers.

most people have wanted either the workshop or the house but not both.

If he can get potential planning permission it will be great.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 7:18 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling really cheesed off today. We finally had an offer but for £20k under the asking price

Now I'm worried I'm going to regret turning them down in case it's the only one we get.

It's early days as we're still waiting for medical requests but if we end up having to validate I'm not going to be very happy.

I'm going to have a couple of these to drown my sorrows!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Xgeminix
Just posted our house on eBay.. it only cost £1.62. The Item No is 4397740472 if you want to get an idea of what you can do.

Jude

Don't forget you can advertise for free on the classifieds on this site too
Old Aug 4th 2005, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by The A Team
Feeling really cheesed off today. We finally had an offer but for £20k under the asking price

Now I'm worried I'm going to regret turning them down in case it's the only one we get.

It's early days as we're still waiting for medical requests but if we end up having to validate I'm not going to be very happy.

I'm going to have a couple of these to drown my sorrows!
Hi know what your going through, we turned down an offer of 25k under asking price.

Hey we wanna go but we need the money to go with
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:00 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Just think, it's early days and if you've had an offer this early on who's to say the next people that view the house wont offer too, and maybe a bit nearer your price?

Have you thought about haggling a bit? The buyers we accepted originally offered £5K under but we negotiated that if they offered full asking price we'd take it off the market. Could you use a similar tactic, say if they meet a certain price you'd do the same?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:33 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Just think, it's early days and if you've had an offer this early on who's to say the next people that view the house wont offer too, and maybe a bit nearer your price?

Have you thought about haggling a bit? The buyers we accepted originally offered £5K under but we negotiated that if they offered full asking price we'd take it off the market. Could you use a similar tactic, say if they meet a certain price you'd do the same?
She's seeing her financial adviser next week to see if she can afford to offer more so you never know she might come back with a better offer. Just on a bit of a downer today I guess.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

We had a phone call from estate agents yesterday to say the buyer has got there mortgage offer but for peace of mind want an independent survey done? Has anybody else had this happen to them? Trying to keep it all in perspective, not easy at times.
Nicola
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:44 am
cheeky tart

Originally Posted by rangersman
We had a phone call from estate agents yesterday to say the buyer has got there mortgage offer but for peace of mind want an independent survey done? Has anybody else had this happen to them? Trying to keep it all in perspective, not easy at times.
Nicola

It's not that unusual at all so try not to worry. If your house is being sold for the market price and has not got damp or dry rot and the roof is sound etc you should be fine. Sending you some good luck karma
Old Aug 5th 2005, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by rangersman
Nicola
Yep like A team said this is normal for a lot of people, the bank surveyor is very basic. I had an independant survey for the house I bought, just piece of mind. Dont worry
Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:04 pm

Well looks like my little red envelope of feng shui may have done the trick, agent just called we have a viewer tomorrow night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.