Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's going down in Sydney

It's going down in Sydney

Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's going down in Sydney

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Have any fundamentalist Christians taken a load of Muslims hostage since the Crusades?
Done more than take hostage. Slaughtered them in their thousands in the camps in Lebanon in the 80's.

I think the bombings by the western alliance in Arab lands may play a small part in formulating thinking among some of the more and even less Islamic radicals as well.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:24 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Anyone who was not Christian was fair game for the Inquisition, especially Jews and Muslims......

The Spanish Inquisition: Killing Non-Christians for the Mother Church
No excusing it but that was 500 hundred years ago, even Catholics can learn
Don't lay that on anyone but the Catholics.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Hopefully not. The Islamic community has come out in condemnation. If race riots resulted it would be very poor testament to Australia and the potential of very poor outcomes all around. Not sure why you should suggest such a thing when hasn't been the case in other countries.

There are rogues and fanatics in every community. Are you suggesting Aussies are less composed than other countries? You may well be right. But sad and perhaps dire consequences if so.
The Cronulla riots started because of a few incidences of tension between Muslim and Anglos at the beach ( two incidents of the path down to the beach being blocked in the RNP due to women being in the sea, and a couple of incidents on the beach at Cronulla culminating in a lifeguard being stabbed). I was living on Ewos Pde at the time and it was bloody scary.

the riots were on my doorstep and all because folks couldn't get along at the beach. If that would kick off a riot, it's not a giant leap to suggest something similar could happen if people end up getting hurt through this.

I hope I am wrong and you are right. I wish none of this was even happening, and certainly wish I hadnt witnessed what I did in Cronulla. Let's hope common sense prevails.

Last edited by Tr1boy; Dec 15th 2014 at 11:47 am.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:42 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Apparently it's two nutters with a shotgun each. Arguably, had this happened in the US, they would have been in body bags by now...

S
Said that myself today.....reply from another guy at work was "yep, 13 hostages are dead.....but we got the guy"......
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:46 am

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Said that myself today.....reply from another guy at work was "yep, 13 hostages are dead.....but we got the guy"......
Actually aside from one recent news account the vast majority of US hostage situations end without loss of hostage life.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:48 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
No excusing it but that was 500 hundred years ago, even Catholics can learn
Don't lay that on anyone but the Catholics.
Lol it started in 1400s & ended in 1800s so I suppose we can expect another 300 or so years of Islamic extremism before it matures like Catholicism. Then it will just settle into clerics buggering small boys until there's a public enquiry.............
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:51 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
SAS their asses
I think you might have been watching to many films......maybe you would like Rambo or Steven Segal?

SAS are an extreme last resort and would have to be approved at Prime Ministerial level. Each state police force has SOG, SERT, TRG or whatever designation for that particular state, which are similarly trained to SAS standard.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
The Cronulla riots started because of a few incidences of tension between Muslim and Anglos at the beach ( two incidents of the path down to the beach being blocked in the RNP due to women being in the sea, and a couple of incidents on the beach at Cronulla culminating in a lifeguard being stabbed). I was living on Ewos Pde at the time and it was bloody scary.

the riots were on my doorstep and all because folks couldn't get along at the beach. If that would kick off a riot, it's not a giant leap to suggest something similar could happen if people end up getting hurt through this.

I hope I am wrong and you are right. I wish none of this was even happening, and certainly wish I hadnt witnessed what I did in Cronulla. Let's hope common sense prevails.
Let's get to the point on this topic. This was not about religion. It was about what was perceived as 'Lebs' coming to the area and causing trouble, assaulting locals and generally not being good citizens. Having spent some time in Cronulla before the riots and had two women I know physically harassed by a gang whilst sunbathing while we men were in the ocean these times were not pretty. While the action of the locals didn't look pretty it served its purpose. The many incidents that led to the riots no longer occur.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by cresta57
Lol it started in 1400s & ended in 1800s so I suppose we can expect another 300 or so years of Islamic extremism before it matures like Catholicism. Then it will just settle into clerics buggering small boys until there's a public enquiry.............

.....then when they have finished, it would be Jewish extremism.....and so on.....
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by cresta57
I am not a Catholic and never have been, nor do I defend their Pedophile leanings. The muslim beheadings and executions etc are seriously re enforcing my 'phobia'.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 12:03 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

.....then when they have finished, it would be Jewish extremism.....and so on.....
No, no, no, the Jews already did their extremist bit when the nailed Big G's little lad up on that cross.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Let's get to the point on this topic. This was not about religion. It was about what was perceived as 'Lebs' coming to the area and causing trouble, assaulting locals and generally not being good citizens. Having spent some time in Cronulla before the riots and had two women I know physically harassed by a gang whilst sunbathing while we men were in the ocean these times were not pretty. While the action of the locals didn't look pretty it served its purpose. The many incidents that led to the riots no longer occur.
it was absolutely about religion. In fact the Lebanese Christians at the time came out with a statement distancing themselves from the actions of the Lebanese Muslims. I'll give you it morphed into a wider issue, but I didnt 'spend time' in Cronulla before and after the riots, I was living there and it was my home. Let me assure you very very clearly, 'didn't look pretty' doesn't even begin to cover it.

My point is, everything seems ok until it isn't. And that tipping point can be fairly easily met.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 12:22 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Done more than take hostage. Slaughtered them in their thousands in the camps in Lebanon in the 80's.

I think the bombings by the western alliance in Arab lands may play a small part in formulating thinking among some of the more and even less Islamic radicals as well.
Sabra and Chatilla, I remember that on the news, horrific.

I've got to say if someone invaded England, slaughtered my family, installed a puppet government, systematically stole the country's resources, imprisoned my friends without trial and tortured them then I'd be a little pissed off too.

Not saying I support Muslim radicals or even sympathise with them but I do empathise with them.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

He's an Iranian out on bail for organising the murder of his ex-wife and is known to police for other crimes in Australia, including sexual assault. Hope the hostages are out of there safe soon, the guy sounds crazy.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

john_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to behold

Fingers crossed for all the hostages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.