Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's going down in Sydney

It's going down in Sydney

Old Dec 15th 2014, 5:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's going down in Sydney

Originally Posted by Tuxtrip
Indeed. How did he ever get bail? This country gave him refuge when he sought it and this is how he chooses to repay his fellow citizens. We need a zero tolerance on these evil beings. No second chances, for them or their families.
You can't penalise their families unless the family members have also broken the law, that's unfair, and unjust.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 6:34 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
as reoprted by yahoo news, gunman identified as the person who sends abusive letters to families of Ausralians killed in Afghanistan

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/least-five...0.html#n8UM7kQ
Not morally right, but you can do that in a democracy.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Seige over, 3 dead? Not looking good.

Great article in The Age about the handling of this situation by the Politicians of this country

The Budget? umm

Badge, now shocked and horrified almost realising almost everyone on this forum watches, listens to and reads what he calls 'tabloid'.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 6:43 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuxtrip
Indeed. How did he ever get bail? This country gave him refuge when he sought it and this is how he chooses to repay his fellow citizens. We need a zero tolerance on these evil beings. No second chances, for them or their families.
It's called the justice system in a democratic country.......

So, will this be your thought on the next white, non-Muslim that does something like this? What do you suggest, blow up their homes like the Israeli Army? Not going to solve the problem, just inflame the situation more. The Australian Defence League will be rubbing their hands with glee this morning with all the rednecks baying for blood.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

What a sad ending. I honestly didn't think there would be anyone killed. I feel a bit foolish now.

As inappropriate as this will sound, I wonder what the implications will be for Australia now we've had this incident causing the loss of life. This idiot with a gun got lots of cameras on him. I think it needs to be contained to what it is.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
It's called the justice system in a democratic country.......

So, will this be your thought on the next white, non-Muslim that does something like this? What do you suggest, blow up their homes like the Israeli Army? Not going to solve the problem, just inflame the situation more. The Australian Defence League will be rubbing their hands with glee this morning with all the rednecks baying for blood.
I obviously didn't word my response very well because it is not what I meant to portrait. (Sorry you have judged me to be a redneck - believe me, you couldn't be further from the truth!) I did not suggest that this man was either white or Muslim. My consideration is that families, regardless of their race or religious beliefs, need to encourage and support each other to live by the code of conduct of their chosen country of residence. I am not judging them, but I do worry about the commitment of any family who might allow someone as hateful and dangerous as this to live amongst them. In saying that, I also worry about the extent of tolerance that we, as a democratic society, have afforded this guy.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 8:30 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
What a sad ending. I honestly didn't think there would be anyone killed. I feel a bit foolish now.
News tends to suggest that he shot one hostage as they tried to escape, which resulting in an immediate storming of the cafe and then at least two more individuals shot, one fatally. A typical chain of events possible in such circumstances. However his bio, and the statement of his lawyer that he had previous suffered in prison and didn't want to go back, suggest that it wasn't likely to end well. He had no way out.

As inappropriate as this will sound, I wonder what the implications will be for Australia now we've had this incident causing the loss of life. This idiot with a gun got lots of cameras on him. I think it needs to be contained to what it is.
The problem is people like Brandis will use it as an excuse to enact more attacks on the basic freedom and privacy of everyone (even though everyone isn't the problem). Events like this are great for driving through bad laws.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Have any fundamentalist Christians taken a load of Muslims hostage since the Crusades?

Yehp 8,000 all dead back in 1996...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Genocide
Old Dec 15th 2014, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not give the evil creature any more thought, that's probably what he would have wanted.

Let's focus on looking after the victims and their families. A 38 year old mother of two, Katrina Dawson, kissed her two children goodbye yesterday and never made it home to say goodbye and another victim, a 35 year old man didn't get to see his family and friends again. Tragic.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Found this on another site. A little scary.

Edit: I've removed the image as I've heard that it was most likely a hoax.

Last edited by knockoff nige; Dec 15th 2014 at 10:49 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Let's not give the evil creature any more thought, that's probably what he would have wanted.

Let's focus on looking after the victims and their families. A 38 year old mother of two, Katrina Dawson, kissed her two children goodbye yesterday and never made it home to say goodbye and another victim, a 35 year old man didn't get to see his family and friends again. Tragic.
Indeed. So tragic.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

The implications could be good for bringing different communities together. This man is being condemned from all angles especially from the Muslim community.

Last edited by Beoz; Dec 15th 2014 at 11:15 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:09 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Grayling; Dec 15th 2014 at 11:16 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Don't you mean 'condemned'

I hope you don't mean 'condoned'
Whoops .... corrected
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Whoops .... corrected
Ok deleted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.