Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Interest rates have gone up again

Interest rates have gone up again

Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:29 pm
Emigrated 24/11/07

jellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud of
Default Re: Interest rates have gone up again

Originally Posted by king kong
I know where you are coming from and i cant help but notice you and BC having a go at each other about the fed did this and the RBA did this etc .
My take on it is fundamentally the banks are at fault and the govenments are at fault for allowing the banks to offer products that inflate the economy .
The Government represents us but does not operate for the best intentions of the people ,It must know if credit is available to all un-sundrey it will head for big pain later but it chooses to do nothing untill its to late .
Housing has to be made affordable and in my book you have to knock the investor out of the equation ,he will soon get the picture when he knows banks will not lend more than 3 to 1 .
So all i can say guys please stop arguing and focus it on who are to blame and thats the banks and govrnments we have and after all you cant blame the people who want a home ,i believe its a fundamental right to have aplace of your own .
you know I swear blame culture is a pommy thing ~ so the interest rates going up why do you need someone to blame! anybody with ahlf a brain knows that economics is a volitile area and what's good for one is not always good for another - get over it and move on
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:29 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
You keep saying I have no vested interested in this. Its frustrating because you know nothing about my circumstances. Yes I sold a property, guess what it was mortgaged much of the sale price went to settling the loan. Then, what I had left, I deemed isn't enough to get back into the property market. So instead I have borrowed to invest in the hope of looking after my future. I have a large loan, I pay interest, variable rate, why would I be unaffected by interest rate rises? How does it differ that I don't have a 'regular mortgage'? You worry about losing or having to sell your home, I worry about losing the lot if share prices fall and servicing a loan for nothing.

I'm not free from anything....why is that so difficult to understand? I'm just not playing the blame game.
I understand where you are coming from too BC and i hope things pan out for you too ,but as i have said to trixy the government and especially the banks have a lot to answer for with overlending .Good luck .
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:30 pm
Emigrated 24/11/07

jellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Trixy
I love the US, I have some wonderful American friends. The country is spectacular and I wouldn't be without so much that country has given us. Give me the US to China, the Middle East and even Cananda .. any day.
what are you living in australia for then?
do us all a favour and b&*^er off to Texas
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Trixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really nice

Originally Posted by jellibaby
what are you living in australia for then?
do us all a favour and b&*^er off to Texas
I live in Australia because I'm Australian and I love my country too. God so many people here are obnoxious.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:37 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jellibaby
you know I swear blame culture is a pommy thing ~ so the interest rates going up why do you need someone to blame! anybody with ahlf a brain knows that economics is a volitile area and what's good for one is not always good for another - get over it and move on
Really a pommie thing eh ,theres a fair few aussies whinging as well .
I am not blaming anyone but the government and the banks and thats a valid point as far as im concerned after all they fuel the economy with easy cash but the fact is the boom bust cycle has to stop because housing isnt getting any cheaper inrelation to earnings over the last forty years .
There is a whole heap of smug baby boomers who could afford homes when borrowing on a 3-1 ratio and then turn around to the next generation and tell them to pull their socks up and stop whinging because they cant afford a 6- 1 ratio .
No one can blame young people for wanting to have at least what their parents have and yet paying twice the price for the luxury .
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Trixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really nice

You don't have to defend yourself king kong. I'm an Aussie and can complain loud and often if I want too. jellibaby can stick up his arse.. he probably has plenty of room.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:40 pm
Emigrated 24/11/07

I live in Australia because I'm Australian and I love my country too. God so many people here are obnoxious.
so I recommend you try America you have so much in common with it - or even Britain cos you whine on like a pom

you know the USA has given the world what exactly?

oh yes wars it can't win, an economy that's most of the way down the pan, obnoxious self centred arrogant people - go on then - tell me one thing the
USA has given the world worth having ~ and you can't say McDonalds?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:41 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

God so many people here are obnoxious.
Quite....its all got rather pointless.....and mods around to put this thread out of its misery.....please!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:42 pm
Emigrated 24/11/07

Originally Posted by bcworld
Quite....its all got rather pointless.....and mods around to put this thread out of its misery.....please!!!!
no no don't burn it yet - trixy is on a mission to tell us all how the USA is going to save the planet
Old Feb 12th 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Oakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Potato_potato
Just announced, another .25% rise, taking the mortgage rate to around 9%.

Bloody Howard!!

Bloody Kevin Rudd While the rest of the planet shakes with credit crunch
He sticks em up again fighting inflation pigs a--- with a
view to further hikes When is he going to realise a high AS and NZ Dollar
aint no good to your average man in street and dont give me that we need
to keep a tight rope on inflation as if it gets to high we will all be using wheel
barrows to cart money about, In japan groups of people borrow sums of money
at next to nill interest and place it in AU & NZ Banks and get a return of up to
eight per cent returned home good on them its there for the picking I dont think RBA have a clue
Old Feb 12th 2008, 5:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not really a lot I can say about this thread except to ask some of you to go and read Rule 1 of this forum which asks for posters to be polite to each other and respect each other's views.
If you can't respond without being rude and abusive please don't bother posting here.

Thread closed.