Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools, Work and Rental in Pacific Pines QLD

Schools, Work and Rental in Pacific Pines QLD

Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future
Default Schools, Work and Rental in Pacific Pines QLD

Hi

We are hoping to move to QLD May/June and would like to go to Pacific Pines can anyone let me know if there are good primary schools. The girls are 4 and 5.

I have heard that it is quite hard to get rental in Pacific Pines with a dog is this true.

Also my OH is a spark would there be plenty of work in this area for him.

Thanks in advance

Sharon
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Schools, Work and Rental in Pacific Pines QLD

Hi Sharon,

Sorry no ideas on answering your questions, but my hubbie is a sparks and we are thinking of moving to Queensland and I wanted to keep an eye on any posts you get!

Good luck with your move x
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by r1c1
Hi

We are hoping to move to QLD May/June and would like to go to Pacific Pines can anyone let me know if there are good primary schools. The girls are 4 and 5.

I have heard that it is quite hard to get rental in Pacific Pines with a dog is this true.

Also my OH is a spark would there be plenty of work in this area for him.

Thanks in advance

Sharon
Hi Sharon,

We are also looking at Pacific Pines so I will follow this thread if that ok My husband is a baker.

Helena
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Sharon,

We are also looking at Pacific Pines so I will follow this thread if that ok My husband is a baker.

Helena
Hi Helena

Glad other people are looking at Pacific Pines as well, when do you hope to be going.

Sharon
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi Helena

Glad other people are looking at Pacific Pines as well, when do you hope to be going.

Sharon
Hi Sharon,

Hopefully all going well by the end of this year if not sooner. Our problem will be wether to sell our house or rent it out for a while. The house market is not gr8 here, much like UK at the moment I think. Hope to have the visa by August and if I had my way we would be gone then Pacific Pines looks really nice and full of young families. We have 2 children, aged 7 and 4.
We could be neighbours

Helena
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Sharon,

Hopefully all going well by the end of this year if not sooner. Our problem will be wether to sell our house or rent it out for a while. The house market is not gr8 here, much like UK at the moment I think. Hope to have the visa by August and if I had my way we would be gone then Pacific Pines looks really nice and full of young families. We have 2 children, aged 7 and 4.
We could be neighbours

Helena
Hi Helena

Our house goes on the market next monday, can't wait until it sells.

Where are you from we are in Edinburgh. Are your kids boys or girls?

Sharon
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

beasty boy will become famous soon enough

Hi beastyboy and family are hopefully moving to pac pines in june/july
again if we can sell this heavy chain from around our necks ( house )!
chris,janet & two boys Billy 3yrs, Alfie 1yrs oh a plumber.

PS I've got a contact in pac pines pm me and I'll give you his e-mail address
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Helena

Our house goes on the market next monday, can't wait until it sells.

Where are you from we are in Edinburgh. Are your kids boys or girls?

Sharon
Hi Sharon,

We live in Co. Cavan (Ireland). Lauren will be 8 in April (making her 1st Holy Communion on April 26th) and Daniel will be 5 in May.

Helena
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:28 am
Just Joined

kerrylana is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=r1c1;5881864]Hi

Hello.

We have just moved to pacific pines. We got here in december from manchester UK. Our daughter is 5 on the 19th february and she has started in PREP year at jubilee primary school at pacific pines. We are really happy with the school and everyone seems nice. We have bought but there seems to be rentals available. It is hard when you come and don't know anyone. It would be good to meet up when you get here. Keep in touch

kerry, andrew and amelia
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There are stacks of folk on here who live in Pac Pines. If you go to the search button on the pink toolbar and type in Pacific Pines, you'll get loads of threads. I think there is also a regular Pac Pines meet up so as soon as you get here you can join them - if you want to of course, it's not obligatory
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=kerrylana;5914474]
Hi

Hello.

We have just moved to pacific pines. We got here in december from manchester UK. Our daughter is 5 on the 19th february and she has started in PREP year at jubilee primary school at pacific pines. We are really happy with the school and everyone seems nice. We have bought but there seems to be rentals available. It is hard when you come and don't know anyone. It would be good to meet up when you get here. Keep in touch

kerry, andrew and amelia

Definitely meet up when we get there. Your daughter and my daughter will probably be in the same school and class.

How are you settling in.

Regards

Sharon
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Im' really interested to know why so many British people choose Pacific Pines specifically? Im not knocking it, just curious. Does it have a great website or is it that there are so many other expats there that it feels more welcoming?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

beasty boy will become famous soon enough

I was over there on a recci trip and found plenty of expats in pac pines,
helensvale also an absolutely cracking place to live and bring up children.