Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Interest rates have gone up again

Interest rates have gone up again

Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold
Default Interest rates have gone up again

Just announced, another .25% rise, taking the mortgage rate to around 9%.

Bloody Howard!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:53 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interest rates have gone up again

Originally Posted by Potato_potato

Bloody Howard!!
I somehow had the vision of a sit com star yelling 'Bloody Howard!!' in the style of 'Language Timothy!' from the immortal series 'Sorry'.

Thanks
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I somehow had the vision of a sit com star yelling 'Bloody Howard!!' in the style of 'Language Timothy!' from the immortal series 'Sorry'.

Thanks
Your Suncorp managers would be happy today.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:55 am

Your Suncorp managers would be happy today.
Only if I resign and put them out of their misery
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Only if I resign and put them out of their misery
Are you in the cake building or the clock one? ...they moved office yet?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:09 am

Are you in the cake building or the clock one? ...they moved office yet?
I'm in Mumbai actually, I'm the call centre
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm in Mumbai actually, I'm the call centre

You're the whitest indian I've ever seen.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody Howard!!
Great news!

Good onya Johnny!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

Great news - my savings interest rate will increase. If my bank doesn't pass on the benefit I'll transfer to one that does. I owe not a penny to anyone...
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marcpiano
Great news - my savings interest rate will increase.
And so to will your tax liability.

Bloody Howard!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

And so to will your tax liability.

Bloody Howard!
Offset more against tax - there are ways. I hope rates go up again.

Go Johnny!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:19 am

You're the whitest indian I've ever seen.
I've been ill recently.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:20 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Someone on the radio ( gov or ecomomist ) was saying that the rate rise would be offset by rising wages and property prices... they don't get it yet do they.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:56 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcpiano
Great news - my savings interest rate will increase. If my bank doesn't pass on the benefit I'll transfer to one that does. I owe not a penny to anyone...

I'm in the same boat. Bring on interest rates of 17%...

S
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger.

That's it then.

No more Chai Lattes for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.