Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I love Oz, partner hates it, is there a way forward?

Wikiposts

I love Oz, partner hates it, is there a way forward?

Old May 14th 2007, 3:54 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love Oz, partner hates it, is there a way forward?

Originally Posted by worzel
Eh? Why did you take offence at that personally? I was thinking about one or two friends and family who have been in that situation, some of whom went back to the UK 30 years ago???
Because of this little gem perhaps?
(....if a woman is unhappy she will whinge and bitch all the time until the guy caves in more often than not. While the bloke will often bottle it up - in which case it either eats away at him (or the relationship) or he will do something drastic like walk away.)
Old May 14th 2007, 3:58 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Because of this little gem perhaps?
(....if a woman is unhappy she will whinge and bitch all the time until the guy caves in more often than not. While the bloke will often bottle it up - in which case it either eats away at him (or the relationship) or he will do something drastic like walk away.)
But why did YOU take offence. What has it got to do with you unless you feel it necessary to stand up for 3 billion other women??????
Old May 14th 2007, 4:03 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

But why did YOU take offence. What has it got to do with you unless you feel it necessary to stand up for 3 billion other women??????
Because I have been down that road and I didn't whinge or bitch, I kept it pretty much to myself and gave in to what others wanted, others needs, always have done. I think your generalisation was way off that's all.
Old May 15th 2007, 6:40 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I think your right, maybe I will stay out of there for a while and let people commiserate amongst themselves. Afterall, all they seem to do is talk about 3 things.

1) I am unhappy in [insert country here] and want to go home
2) I have decided to go home, what is the UK like now
3) I'm home from [insert country here] and life is great in the UK
Im a bit confused here Danny. Perhaps you could let us all know what you would like to see people talk about on the Moving Back to the UK Forum just to make you happy while you are in the process of moving back

You complain that people on the Moving Back to the UK Forum writing about wanting to go home

You moan about people on the Moving Back to the UK Forum asking questions about what it's like in the UK

You whinge about people on the Moving Back to the UK Forum giving their opinions of what life in the UK is like. And then you have the cheek to call us liars because we dare to have a nice life here and because we like it

And just as a matter of interest, why do you spend so much time in there?
Old May 15th 2007, 10:20 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I agree they only help the symptom but when you are are in a position where you can't actually fix the problem it is a half way house for most people with depression.
I agree Carol, thats all they are supposed to help - your biological symptoms of depression ie tearfulness, poor sleep, anxiety etc. Many women find that once these symptoms are better managed then they have more strength and resilience within themselves to explore the causes of their depression.
Old May 15th 2007, 10:23 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
I agree Carol, thats all they are supposed to help - your biological symptoms of depression ie tearfulness, poor sleep, anxiety etc. Many women find that once these symptoms are better managed then they have more strength and resilience within themselves to explore the causes of their depression.
I agree Gill, when I was having a bad time I couldn't fix the issue only manage the symptoms. I would have no hesitation to go down that route again if needs be.
Old May 15th 2007, 10:49 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
People on the MBTTUK forum seem to have more tolerance than the people who love their lives downunder.
Sorry, but ....

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Im a bit confused here Danny...
Sensing a bit of history there - lol. But, as a matter of interest Louise - let me put the question to you - since you've now made the move back to the UK and are, by all accounts, having trouble wiping the smile of joy off your face - why do you spend so much time in there? Yes, I know all the stuff about keeping in touch with people and supporting others etc etc .. but if life's one non-stop conga-line of ecstacy back in blighty ...
Old May 15th 2007, 10:52 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Sorry, but ....

Sensing a bit of history there - lol. But, as a matter of interest Louise - let me put the question to you - since you've now made the move back to the UK and are, by all accounts, having trouble wiping the smile of joy off your face - why do you spend so much time in there? Yes, I know all the stuff about keeping in touch with people and supporting others etc etc .. but if life's one non-stop conga-line of ecstacy back in blighty ...
I can remember the same question being asked of me by the doom and gloomers many times. Why on earth would I spend hours on here if I was indeed so happy with my life.
Old May 15th 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't agree more. Sure, if a woman is unhappy she will whinge and bitch all the time until the guy caves in more often than not. While the bloke will often bottle it up - in which case it either eats away at him (or the relationship) or he will do something drastic like walk away.
The women should be very bit careful about winging and bitching too much, there are a lot of very attractive Aussie Sheila's here. They also go for the Brits because they are less macho than the Aussie blokes. Women, winge at your peril.
Old May 16th 2007, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
The women should be very bit careful about winging and bitching too much, there are a lot of very attractive Aussie Sheila's here. They also go for the Brits because they are less macho than the Aussie blokes. Women, winge at your peril.

I've whinged at my OH for the past 15 years.

He's still here though any more idea's
Old May 16th 2007, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but ....

hee hee, same could be said of you!
Old May 16th 2007, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Wow, you must fit right in over there!
Old May 16th 2007, 1:38 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seasprite
hee hee, same could be said of you!
In the MB2 forum? Fair point. Ask around though and you'll find that I'm very much a reformed character on that front... Besides - how do you know I'm not in denial, secretly hate it here and am planning my own escape ... hmmm .... ?
Old May 16th 2007, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

In the MB2 forum? Fair point. Ask around though and you'll find that I'm very much a reformed character on that front... Besides - how do you know I'm not in denial, secretly hate it here and am planning my own escape ... hmmm .... ?
I meant the Oz forum, same deal really I suppose..helping, keeping in touch, etc. Personally I find BE a bit addictive and full of lively characters.
As for secret denial, yes I sussed you out ages ago
Old May 16th 2007, 1:47 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
I've whinged at my OH for the past 15 years.

He's still here though any more idea's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.