Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but..

I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but..

Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:50 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally posted by hevs
All newbies are welcome, but its sometimes tedious to answer the same questions over and over, come back in a year and tell me i'm wrong
I'm sure it is tedious, but you can't knock all the repeated questions. OK so it may have been asked and answered a thousand times, but for a lot of questions, the answers may have changed - different people with different POV and experiences.

I think a bit of common sense also helps for any new post.
Blah blah blah yes I know I'm a culprit too.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:42 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by cadabra
Hey, this is great. We can start our own club and make reams and reams of posts that everyone else ignores, we coud even ignore each other too.... just to make it more "interesting"
OMG, that sounds like the Apathy Society we started in the 6th form at school....

....how about an Expats Apathy Section, then? (It's OK, I don't expect any reply to that.)

Anya.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:58 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by sky
I too would answer if I knew the answer, after you have migrated you tend to not keep up with the migration policies and what I know might be a bit out of date so I tend not to answer in case I give the wrong advice
I must remember that point when I am giving advice

Do you think the rules have changed much since I got my Visa, in 1986 ?

But I do know some things about OZ & UK, having spent 50% of my time in each country during the last 8 years.

Old Apr 27th 2004, 8:13 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I must remember that point when I am giving advice

Do you think the rules have changed much since I got my Visa, in 1986 ?

But I do know some things about OZ & UK, having spent 50% of my time in each country during the last 8 years.
Are you regularly reading up on all the new imigration rules cos I certainly arent Im too busy trying to settle so would hate to give the wrong advise but if someone asks me what the weather is like or what the bus service is like or what sort of after school care is provided and how much it is at present I might be able to answer
Old Apr 27th 2004, 8:39 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by sky
Are you regularly reading up on all the new imigration rules cos I certainly arent Im too busy trying to settle so would hate to give the wrong advise but if someone asks me what the weather is like or what the bus service is like or what sort of after school care is provided and how much it is at present I might be able to answer
I agree, I was pretty much tongue in cheek with my comment about the rules

I think back in 86 it was case of filling in some forms, a quick interview at Australia House, then a few weeks wait to get the passport back. No skilled, or designated areas or complications like that

Old Apr 27th 2004, 8:54 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to migrate to oz in 88 but the hubby was having none of it , really wish he had been up for it then, it would have been so much easier and we only had one son to worry about then, my hubby has 2 half sisters and a brother in oz so one day hopefully soon we,ll get to visit them now
Old Apr 27th 2004, 9:02 am
Me, 2 kids and the wife

clevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but..

Hey didn't you get a response!!!!!! I think that is the most Ihave seen reply in ages!!!

Clevs
Old Apr 27th 2004, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
Did you like The Mission as well?
lol .... I'm telling you this in confidence HUP, so don't tell anyone..

I went through a gothy phase in my teens & have lots of sisters and the mish in t'loft...
don't tell now Its a tad embarrassing
Larissa
PS Don't listen to it anymore as it reminds me of teenage angst!
Old Apr 27th 2004, 9:20 am
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Clevs, i got lots of replies, but now look whats happened

These people are coming into MY thread and talking amongst themselves and NOT talking to me. I mean, how rude is that?? Some people just have no manners :lecture:
Old Apr 27th 2004, 9:37 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

These people are coming into MY thread and talking amongst themselves and NOT talking to me. I mean, how rude is that?? Some people just have no manners :lecture:
pardon - did someone say something?
Old Apr 27th 2004, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hello Cadabra
Welcome to the forum

I see you have mentioned that you are already in Oz
whereabouts are you?
Old Apr 27th 2004, 10:39 am
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Debs,

At last somone with manners. Thankyou for the welcome. I live in Noarlunga SA.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Was that me? Whoops! The site has gone too quiet since the thread hijacking calmed down
Welcome to the forum Cadabra... sorry you found us so "clicky", sometimes the banter might be off-putting at first, but we are quite a friendly lot (apart from the odd troll).
Old Apr 27th 2004, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by snappy
Tell us the key words Grayling just so I know!

Sasha
sheep
cats
wales
lettuces
immos

there's some for starters
Old Apr 27th 2004, 10:55 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Larissa
Was that me? Whoops! The site has gone too quiet since the thread hijacking calmed down
Welcome to the forum Cadabra... sorry you found us so "clicky", sometimes the banter might be off-putting at first, but we are quite a friendly lot (apart from the odd troll).
There hasn't been much troll hunting of late - let's round up a posse with sticks and burning torches and go and find a few!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.