Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but..

I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but..

Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
The problem is Sasha that it is very rare that a question gets asked that has not been ased a thousand times before.
Agree
I have posted on another thread today ('where has everybody gone') that it gets tedious continually answering simple queries when a simple search will reveal a huge amount of information.
Some questions or topics crop up every few days and it seems many 'new' people have simply not bothered searching first.

There is nothing against New posters and most on here are willing to help.
Many of the debates that start have also been covered loads of times and can end up being unpleasant .
There would be more information given if we were all allowed to give an opinion without being attacked.
This also means you are often going to get answers that you do not like.
Carry on.If anyone has anything useful to say you will get an answer, but try the search facility first.
Good luck
G
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest Cadabra, a lot of the ones that have been on here a long time don't tend to answer the questions asked as we have answered them many many times before, and hope that the newer members will answer the questions. This way everyone eventually feels part of the forum and so it keeps growing.

If us older members answered every question on the site, you would all think ' here comes know it all again'.

By all means if there is anything we can help with we will.

Whisky
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Now i have a mental picture of you wearing a dirty raincoat. Would you like a sweetie? :scared:
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:18 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cadabra
Appologies. I was not aware i was being abrupt in my post. Can you explain where? :lecture:

No I've lost interest now. I'm gonna tell the rest of the gang to ignore your thread and let it sink to oblivion
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:20 pm
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Grayling
Agree
I have posted on another thread today ('where has everybody gone') that it gets tedious continually answering simple queries when a simple search will reveal a huge amount of information.
Some questions or topics crop up every few days and it seems many 'new' people have simply not bothered searching first.

There is nothing against New posters and most on here are willing to help.
Many of the debates that start have also been covered loads of times and can end up being unpleasant .
There would be more information given if we were all allowed to give an opinion without being attacked.
This also means you are often going to get answers that you do not like.
Carry on.If anyone has anything useful to say you will get an answer, but try the search facility first.
Good luck
G

Thankyou Grayling, but i am not really looking for advice on moving to Australia as i am already living here. I have been trying to give advice and also just opinions on topics.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HUP
I thnk you protesteth to much anyway. You have only started a couple of threads before this.

One of them a thread which woud be suitable to back packers and the other one you had some answers on.

Whats your problem?
Oh and I'm sure it's such a chore having to answer it again. I was kind of under the impression that that's what these forums are for, sharing information.

BTW Do find having "A doyen of topiary" on your posts gives the impression to other users that you are a deep mystical, sophisticated, let us not forget intelligent individual ? Or does that just spell out "TW#T" to some of the less discerning contibutors to the site ?
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:27 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Innyjim
BTW Do find having "A doyen of topiary" on your posts gives the impression to other users that you are a deep mystical, sophisticated,
No its a subtle indication of my rather obscure musical tastes. Nothing deep or mystical about me.

Why so angry inny hasn't somebody answered your questions ?
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:28 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by whisky
To be honest Cadabra, a lot of the ones that have been on here a long time don't tend to answer the questions asked as we have answered them many many times before, and hope that the newer members will answer the questions. This way everyone eventually feels part of the forum and so it keeps growing.

If us older members answered every question on the site, you would all think ' here comes know it all again'.

By all means if there is anything we can help with we will.

Whisky
That is so nicely put.

Grayling - you know me anyway, I always have something to say but I do try to be curtious about my opinions as I think it is possible to get things across to people without being offensive and rude.

I do agree that it is frustrating when people haven't even checked out the FAQ section before posting what I don't agree with is when people are rude and offensive when there is no need.

Sasha
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:28 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou Grayling, but i am not really looking for advice on moving to Australia as i am already living here. I have been trying to give advice and also just opinions on topics.
My post was a general one and not particularly for you Cadabra

Some threads continue well past there sell by date and others disappear.That's the way it is

There are a few Key words which can cause mayhem but you will soon learn what these are

BTW having opinions can be very risky at times:scared:

G
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HUP
No its a subtle indication of my rather obscure musical tastes. Nothing deep or mystical about me.

Why so angry inny hasn't somebody answered your questions ?
Not angry at all Thought I was being rather witty to be honest, oh well sorry if I caused offence.....
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally posted by snappy
That is so nicely put.

Grayling - you know me anyway, I always have something to say but I do try to be curtious about my opinions as I think it is possible to get things across to people without being offensive and rude.

I do agree that it is frustrating when people haven't even checked out the FAQ section before posting what I don't agree with is when people are rude and offensive when there is no need.

Sasha
Sasha
Totally agree with you but you know what happens
Look at what's happening on this thread already

Cadabra
Now look what you've started

G
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:33 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Grayling
My post was a general one and not particularly for you Cadabra

Some threads continue well past there sell by date and others disappear.That's the way it is

There are a few Key words which can cause mayhem but you will soon learn what these are

BTW having opinions can be very risky at times:scared:

G
Tell us the key words Grayling just so I know!

Sasha
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:35 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally posted by snappy
Tell us the key words Grayling just so I know!

Sasha
Nearly caught me

G
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally posted by Innyjim
Not angry at all Thought I was being rather witty to be honest, oh well sorry if I caused offence.....
Did not cause any offence to me inny. Your ignorance of HMHB is something to be pitied.

As are your attempts at wit

Last edited by HUP; Apr 26th 2004 at 1:38 pm.
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Now i have a mental picture of you wearing a dirty raincoat. Would you like a sweetie? :scared:
No, & if you dont quit bothering me Im gonna tell my mum .

(scary, innit? LOL )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.