Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but..

I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but..

Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:36 pm
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldnt say ive whipped up a hornets nest yet, but i'll let you all carry on. I just had an offer i cant refuse. I'm off to bed
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

See, I don't mind answering questions that have been asked before. I must have answered the same medical one dozens of times. Sometimes I just don't know the answers though, esp on skilled applications as mine is de facto.

I think you have to work our where's best to post questions. Sometimes the immigration part of the forum is best for 'technical' questions, and the lifetsyle (this) one better for general ramblings, queries, price of lettuces etc. Trouble is, too few people check the immi board enough and questions go unanswered.

Have you found the info you were after Cadabra, or would you like to try again?
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Grayling
Sasha
Totally agree with you but you know what happens
Look at what's happening on this thread already

Cadabra
Now look what you've started

G
Is Topiary one of the key words then?

Sasha
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HUP
Did not cause any offence to me inny. Your ignorance of HMHB is something to be pitied.
Evidently. HMHB ? I'd love one ! But not too much milk in mine !!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:41 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by snappy
Is Topiary one of the key words then?

Sasha
Looks like another one to add to the list

G
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cadabra
I wouldnt say ive whipped up a hornets nest yet, but i'll let you all carry on. I just had an offer i cant refuse. I'm off to bed

You start all this and then you p#@% off to bed. No wonder people don't answer your questions!!!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

if you dont like this site and are sick of not getting posts answered why be bothered about it just dont post

any questions ive had have been answered and if i can answer anything then i will, we were all newbies here once and this site gets a bit of getting used to

i love it though

arlene
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:46 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

if you have specific questions then i have found it easy if you notice that another poster has similar circumstances to you i.e. going for the same type of visa and seeking to settle in perth for example. if you do notice this then try sending them a pm and ask for personal experience rather than general views. it may not result in lots of replies to your threads but hopefully that way will get you the information that you are seeking. you also develop a board relationship with others and it becomes easier to post on their threads or in response to something they ahve said and that way they feel more inclined to respond to what you post up. well thats two tuppences' worth.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:57 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
if you have specific questions then i have found it easy if you notice that another poster has similar circumstances to you i.e. going for the same type of visa and seeking to settle in perth for example. if you do notice this then try sending them a pm and ask for personal experience rather than general views. it may not result in lots of replies to your threads but hopefully that way will get you the information that you are seeking. you also develop a board relationship with others and it becomes easier to post on their threads or in response to something they ahve said and that way they feel more inclined to respond to what you post up. well thats two tuppences' worth.

.. i have no opinion on this... but you're right. and it is a good way to get to know people.

it's also good to find someone who is running down the same path at the same speed. that way as they come across a problem you can share information and help eachother! .. and we all end up a happy family once again....

by the way what was the original question again, or did i just miss it?
Old Apr 26th 2004, 6:39 pm
Location.. in my office

Originally posted by whisky
You start all this and then you p#@% off to bed. No wonder people don't answer your questions!!!

When there is a choice between sitting in a cold office writing in here or, cuddling up under the duvet with Mr Cadabra the latter will always win
Old Apr 26th 2004, 6:41 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cadabra
Mr Cadabra
Otherwise known as Abbra.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 6:53 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

The biggest thing most people are guilty of (me included at times), is that nobody generally follows the guidelines that nearly every discussion forum in the world follows.

As has been mentioned before in this thread alone, people ask questions that have been asked a thousand times before and answered each time. At the top of each forum is the ability to search.

As I said I am as guilty as many others but do utilise the search instead fo doing the 'lazy' option of just reposting.

Only my views and if it means I get flamed.............well the asbestos suit is on.

Old Apr 26th 2004, 6:58 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

see its all in the delivery

will my hairdryer work in australia ....no replies
will i be able to buy a 6 bedroom house for £10K in Watsons Bay... no replies

...however "I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but.." and you have cracked it

now you need something like a tread title "what the f*** is this about" and then ask the question du jour
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:06 pm
Location.. in my office

How true Sean!!

I think i have mastered the art now.

Another good trick is making it an abusive title. THAT really will get the posters flowing.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:13 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I too would answer if I knew the answer, after you have migrated you tend to not keep up with the migration policies and what I know might be a bit out of date so I tend not to answer in case I give the wrong advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.