Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but..

I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but..

Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:42 pm
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but..

How long do you have to be a member before you are part of the club and get your posts answered?

Its very demoralising making constructive points, whether or not you are agreed with, and just being ignored. Could this be one of the reasons many people don't bother posting anymore?

I think it maybe an oversight from most, but spare a thought for the newbies who might feel they have something to offer, but end up not posting as its a waste of finger exercise!!

(Me waits to see this thread disappear off the page unanswered )

Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:49 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but..

Originally posted by cadabra
How long do you have to be a member before you are part of the club and get your posts answered?

Its very demoralising making constructive points, whether or not you are agreed with, and just being ignored. Could this be one of the reasons many people don't bother posting anymore?

I think it maybe an oversight from most, but spare a thought for the newbies who might feel they have something to offer, but end up not posting as its a waste of finger exercise!!

Theres no clubs or miracle number of posts. You just have to post and hope someone finds something to say on the matter.

Numbers are down, Its been an incredibly tedious forum over the past few weeks.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:53 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know this is pushing sh*t uphill with a blunt stick but..

A long time & an even longer time. (there you go, it got answered )
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:56 pm
Location.. in my office

wow. two replies

i feel warm and fuzzy
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:58 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

I totally agree with you Cadabra there does seem little point to some threads and yet they seem to have hundreds of posts yet the ones that are of any use disappear instantly.

I do feel as a bit of a newbie that some people do tend to criticise without cause and in the past it has put me off posting, but then I've just started to ignore some of the threads and tend to go for ones that may be of some use...so does that make me as bad as them I wonder????

Sasha
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:59 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

I thnk you protesteth to much anyway. You have only started a couple of threads before this.

One of them a thread which woud be suitable to back packers and the other one you had some answers on.

Whats your problem?
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:01 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally posted by snappy
I totally agree with you Cadabra there does seem little point to some threads and yet they seem to have hundreds of posts yet the ones that are of any use disappear instantly.

Sasha

The problem is Sasha that it is very rare that a question gets asked that has not been ased a thousand times before.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:02 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

i feel warm and fuzzy
Thats too much info for me , dont expect me to ever answer any of your threads again .
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by HUP
The problem is Sasha that it is very rare that a question gets asked that has not been ased a thousand times before.
& asked a thousand times before too .
And usually answered the same number of times .
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:05 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Does it take so long just to be a bit curtious as after all I'm sure everyone on here started off in the same boat and asked the same silly questions that we all ask now.

I hope that I can guide people into the right location where they can gather info for a reliable source and with all the years of experience on here I'm sure that most of you have some excellent information to offer.

Sasha
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:06 pm
Location.. in my office

Originally posted by HUP
I thnk you protesteth to much anyway. You have only started a couple of threads before this.

One of them a thread which woud be suitable to back packers and the other one you had some answers on.

Whats your problem?

I dont have a problem now. You answered me. Even if it be in an abrupt manner. Thankyou
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:09 pm
Location.. in my office

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Thats too much info for me , dont expect me to ever answer any of your threads again .

I am sure thats not true. From what i have read you are one of the friendlier members, you wouldnt do that to me, i know you wouldnt .. would you?
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:10 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

I dont have a problem now. You answered me. Even if it be in an abrupt manner. Thankyou
Abrupt manner for an abrupt post

Glad to be of service though.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:13 pm
Location.. in my office

Appologies. I was not aware i was being abrupt in my post. Can you explain where? :lecture:
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:13 pm
Rocket Scientist

I am sure thats not true. From what i have read you are one of the friendlier members, you wouldnt do that to me, i know you wouldnt .. would you?
Being a friendly member has this slightly sinister connotation in my mind for some reason. I think I will have to try to change my image :scared: .

Actually, you're right, I would pretty much be friendly to anyone, makes me sound a bit like a Golden Retreiver or something, doesnt it? LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.