Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

Good luck to you. Open mind and all that. I have to say that with regards your original post, I think most people had issues with the fact that you did one post and disappeared and didn't explain. No one realised how upset you were or even if you were for real. On forums, you don't see people's actual lives, you see what you're told and that could be anything.

Anyway, water under the bridge. I think you were somewhere really quiet, Sunshine Coast way? Are you going back there or trying somewhere a bit busier.

If you have a bad day or week, it doesn't mean it's wrong, everyone gets home or people sick at some point. Work through it and you come out the other side stronger and more capable of facing the next bout.

Keep posting and keep us up to date. I think most of us have wondered what happened to you. Oh and don't try and bottle up feelings, come on here and explain - believe it or not the great majority of us are on your side even if it doesn't sound like it sometimes
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Good luck to If you have a bad day or week, it doesn't
Keep posting and keep us up to date. I think most of us have wondered what happened to you. Oh and don't try and bottle up feelings, come on here and explain - believe it or not the great majority of us are on your side even if it doesn't sound like it sometimes
Good point, if you do have a blip share it here, there is always someone to listen and give advice. Most people are empathetic.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
A while ago i posted a thread on here saying that i had went to Australia, spent (admitedley) a very short time there, didnt like what i saw, and left. i thought being a member of this forum, i would at least get some understanding, i didnt. All i got was told that the thread was "comedy gold" and the personal attacks on me went on FAR too long before the moderators closed the thread. The upshot of it was, that i stayed away from here for a long time, as i was genuinely very upset at alot of the personal comments made, and quite frankly was really annoyed at how some of the more "popular" members on here got away with saying what they did.

Anyway, i am not here to moan. I am here to say i am going back, and this time, i am going back with my eyes open. I start a job with IBM as soon as i get there, and my other half has the house and car all arranged, with the funds i left her. This time i really am looking forward to going, and just to getting my head down and getting on with. And after having talked to her for hours on the phone everday (you dont wanna see my phone bill) everything is good our world, and its time to take the next step, i am scared, but we can face our fears together.

whay am i posting this you might add? well basically, those who took the michael out of me, can go blow it our thier /\ss, and you know who you are.

flying out with Emirates on Saturday from Heathrow .... again !

see you on the other side!
Went through a similar thing mate.

When I was 17, got a money windfall, went on what I considered a bloody good holiday to Oz with the view of staying for a year. Lasted a week, mainly due to a serious illness in the family, but also I was a bit immature/unprepared/naive/fickle (ad nauseum). The boys had only just got shot of their hangovers from my leaving 'do', and I was back on the lash with them !

We're now only a couple of months from going back. I say we as I'm now an old married fart with two fantastic kids. We went for three months earlier this year and loved everything about the place...almost everything anyway.

It's incredible how a slight (or major) shift in mindset let's you view the place positively. Forget the ars*holes, good luck.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

I loved your previous post! But I was confused by the huge initial negative reaction you got when you landed in Oz (was mainly worried it would happen to us when our turn comes).

I am glad you are giving it another go - looks like you have had more time to arrange things more to your liking this time, will be taking that lesson on board.

Good on you for coming back to BE - Hope your flight from Heathrow goes smoothly!

And all the best to your OH!

Paula
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

I didn't read the original post or any of the replies to this one.
Just wanted to wish you all the best.

Scotty.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottyboy
I didn't read the original post or any of the replies to this one.
Just wanted to wish you all the best.

Scotty.

yes all the best on your return mate...you have guts and courage to do what you are doing, more than many. It doesn't really matter what others think or feel about you. You do what you do for yourself and no-one else. I understand why you left so early...it is a shock to the system coming to Oz. But at least you are giving it another go and reading your posts relates to myself actually, and it's good to read other peoples honest opinions
Old Aug 16th 2006, 1:57 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I hate to say told you so but this is what I said on the original thread.............

Something made the move to Australia an attractive proposition in the first place. That proposition cannot have had time to be proved right or wrong and as a consequence it would not surprise me if the OP found it very difficult to settle back into the flow of his previous life.
Let's hope he can.....so good luck TB.

Now, let's hope the second experience will be a better one for you TB.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 3:09 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

A while ago i posted a thread on here saying that i had went to Australia, spent (admitedley) a very short time there, didnt like what i saw, and left. i thought being a member of this forum, i would at least get some understanding, i didnt. All i got was told that the thread was "comedy gold" and the personal attacks on me went on FAR too long before the moderators closed the thread. The upshot of it was, that i stayed away from here for a long time, as i was genuinely very upset at alot of the personal comments made, and quite frankly was really annoyed at how some of the more "popular" members on here got away with saying what they did.

Anyway, i am not here to moan. I am here to say i am going back, and this time, i am going back with my eyes open. I start a job with IBM as soon as i get there, and my other half has the house and car all arranged, with the funds i left her. This time i really am looking forward to going, and just to getting my head down and getting on with. And after having talked to her for hours on the phone everday (you dont wanna see my phone bill) everything is good our world, and its time to take the next step, i am scared, but we can face our fears together.

whay am i posting this you might add? well basically, those who took the michael out of me, can go blow it our thier /\ss, and you know who you are.

Oh TG you are a ping pong pom and no one can deny, I am too, this forum wasnt around when I came back from OZ but if I could have nuked the place as the plane took off for UK I would have. Anyway glad I didn't now, I am going back with a different attitude and a more positive one. It is a costly game so I hope for my familys sake this really is the last time we do this.

Good luck and just enjoy your experience, keep posting back on here, its nice to see how people get on and their experiences of "Love it or hate it OZ"

Eric
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 4:48 pm
Wrinkly Person

FLUFF is an unknown quantity at this point

Good for you - you had the courage to say it in the first place and you have the b___s and courage to give it a second chance. Well done!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 4:45 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

What changed your mind?

Your post seems to suggest that you left your OH in Australia when you returned to the UK...

my other half has the house and car all arranged, with the funds i left her.
Has she been in Australia without you all this time, or have I misread you?

Anyway, best of British luck with it this time around.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Sep 3rd 2006 at 4:49 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:11 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Eric the Viking
Oh TG you are a ping pong pom and no one can deny, I am too, this forum wasnt around when I came back from OZ but if I could have nuked the place as the plane took off for UK I would have. Anyway glad I didn't now, I am going back with a different attitude and a more positive one. It is a costly game so I hope for my familys sake this really is the last time we do this.

Good luck and just enjoy your experience, keep posting back on here, its nice to see how people get on and their experiences of "Love it or hate it OZ"

Eric

HI Eric....

we also want to Ping Ping - how long have you been back in the UK and when are you hoping to get back to Oz? We've only been back since May but already trying to get back for next year.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:30 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

you wont be the only one who MAYBE wrestle with where they want to be ,we are lucky most of us have that choice and unfortunately choice can create confusion .Britain and Australia both have good and bad points and these are at times brought to the front of our minds.All the best and there is nothing wrong with being a ping ponger at least we can do it .
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:47 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck bro and keep us in the loop yeah
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it works out for you

Sharon
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:30 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

so TORYGLEN BOY....are you back in OZ yet??? what do u think of it now so far