Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:12 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

Good luck

Hope it all works out this time

Joex
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I always find myself apologising for butting in, so sorry. BUT
Well done for deciding to return, it cant have been an easy decision to leave in the first place i dont know but i do know how hard it is to swallow yer pride and take a second chance. i wish you every luck in the world and hope its all you hope for and more!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:25 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it goes well for you matey. One thing's for sure - your threads always seem to attract lots of replys!!!

Where you headin'?

Graham
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
A while ago i posted a thread on here saying that i had went to Australia, spent (admitedley) a very short time there, didnt like what i saw, and left. i thought being a member of this forum, i would at least get some understanding, i didnt. All i got was told that the thread was "comedy gold" and the personal attacks on me went on FAR too long before the moderators closed the thread. The upshot of it was, that i stayed away from here for a long time, as i was genuinely very upset at alot of the personal comments made, and quite frankly was really annoyed at how some of the more "popular" members on here got away with saying what they did.

Anyway, i am not here to moan. I am here to say i am going back, and this time, i am going back with my eyes open. I start a job with IBM as soon as i get there, and my other half has the house and car all arranged, with the funds i left her. This time i really am looking forward to going, and just to getting my head down and getting on with. And after having talked to her for hours on the phone everday (you dont wanna see my phone bill) everything is good our world, and its time to take the next step, i am scared, but we can face our fears together.

whay am i posting this you might add? well basically, those who took the michael out of me, can go blow it our thier /\ss, and you know who you are.

flying out with Emirates on Saturday from Heathrow .... again !

see you on the other side!
Hi,good luck mate,stick in there,all the best Dave
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:37 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

Well done for returning when it wasn't right for you! more courage than being stubborn and staying and good luck for giving it anotha go hope you and your family will be very happy
A
xx
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you, arriving back with the second time may well work, you probably havent wound yourself up to expect too much which is the most common pitfall. As you say, eyes wide open,

Best of luck to you

And I like your style, most dont post when they go back let alone if they ping pong, great attitude.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:24 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Yeyyyy, d'you know I was actually wondering where you'd got to and what had happened to you just a few days ago. Weird.
Anyway, wow - what an amazing time of it you've had. I'm so pleased your going back to at least try it again. You've got nothing to lose.
You've obviously been through the mill of emotions and thoughts since you came back so fair play to you for giving it another go.
Let us know how it all goes. Go with no expectations and make all things good happen for you!!!! It can be what you want it to be.
BEST OF LUCK MATE and stay in touch.

*pearly*
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

We are in same boat as you. Went in December 1997 came back March 1998. Don't laugh friends/family say it was a holiday, bloody expensive one. Going again September. Good luck second time around, feel more nervous this time than the last.

Safe flight and go for it!!!!!!

Sandra
x
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:04 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

A while ago i posted a thread on here saying that i had went to Australia, spent (admitedley) a very short time there, didnt like what i saw, and left. i thought being a member of this forum, i would at least get some understanding, i didnt. All i got was told that the thread was "comedy gold" and the personal attacks on me went on FAR too long before the moderators closed the thread. The upshot of it was, that i stayed away from here for a long time, as i was genuinely very upset at alot of the personal comments made, and quite frankly was really annoyed at how some of the more "popular" members on here got away with saying what they did.

Anyway, i am not here to moan. I am here to say i am going back, and this time, i am going back with my eyes open. I start a job with IBM as soon as i get there, and my other half has the house and car all arranged, with the funds i left her. This time i really am looking forward to going, and just to getting my head down and getting on with. And after having talked to her for hours on the phone everday (you dont wanna see my phone bill) everything is good our world, and its time to take the next step, i am scared, but we can face our fears together.

whay am i posting this you might add? well basically, those who took the michael out of me, can go blow it our thier /\ss, and you know who you are.

flying out with Emirates on Saturday from Heathrow .... again !

see you on the other side!

Goodlucky to you hun, i remember your last thread, but don't remember it getting closed. But from what i can remember you were asking for a bit of a ribbing, weren't you there a week or something Move on and don't let these things bother you on here, it goes with the trerritory, and remember its cyber land.
If this post is genuine, then i admire you, but i find it a wee bit hard to believe after the last thread but again goodluck in whatever you do
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:05 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

many thanx for all the kind words

isnt it wierd how all the wan|<ers who couldnt post fast enough to slag me off in the other thread are noticable by thier abscence in this one?

Don't speak too soon, they'll be back babe
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:17 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck to you.
I hope it all works out for you this time.
I'm sure it will.
Take care.
Julie. x
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:25 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck mate.

you do know this thread will degenerate like most slightly controversial threads do.....

Lou
xx
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck - and do keep us all posted on what you think second time around.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:33 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Good on you mate for re-examining things!

You've got tons of bottle for deciding to give it another go, not many folk would.

Just remember if you feel homesick at any point to come on here and let loose, there are plenty of us on here in the same boat. There are also a lot of people on here who should know better than to slag someone off who is obviously not feeling great at that point in time.

All the best.

Billy

p.s. What part of Oz are you off to?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck mate,

I hope you settle as well as what we have second time round.

Happy ping ponging!!

LibbyX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.