Huntsman

Old Nov 13th 2005, 11:02 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Huntsman

Here's my new Huntsman pic along with his mates any one know what they are?

I know what a toad is but not sure if normal or cane comes in garden every night... if he's a cane toad he's still little.

Leathal looking grasshopper thing flips around the patio is about 2 inches big with bit of a cockroach look to it.

Wasp builds little pots fills them with spiders then seals shut.
Attached Thumbnails Huntsman-cropped-grasshopper.jpg   Huntsman-huntsman-wall.jpg   Huntsman-pot-wasp.jpg   Huntsman-toad.jpg  
Old Nov 13th 2005, 11:10 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Huntsman

Originally Posted by annqldau

I know what a toad is but not sure if normal or cane comes in garden every night... if he's a cane toad he's still little.

Leathal looking grasshopper thing flips around the patio is about 2 inches big with bit of a cockroach look to it.

Aww that little frog looks quite cute
Old Nov 14th 2005, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

BAby sized

I know what a toad is but not sure if normal or cane comes in garden every night... if he's a cane toad he's still little..
Cane toad - major pest. Toxic to pets due to poison sacks on the shoulders. :scared: Has also been known to affect motorcyclists http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-29277,00.html

Make rabbits look learners when it comes to breeding.

The biggest recorded as the size of a dinner plate.

Paper wasps and mud wasps can have a sting.

Pretty much a normal QLD day then

WW
Old Nov 14th 2005, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Ruth hello, Rachel my wife wants to know where in melbourne you are to make sure we're never near there
Hi!
We're in Ivanhoe! (Usually its very nice!)
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:03 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Aww that little frog looks quite cute

Don't let that fool you....it's a killer....
Old Nov 14th 2005, 6:31 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Hubby took the kids to the beach, as he went to put the seat forward for my daughter to get out he realised there was a huge Huntsman on the side of head rest :scared:
Fancy looking in mirror and seeing that! I would of crashed car.
I now spray the car as well as the house.

Di
Di can I ask what do you spray your car with? Is this a preventative thing I could use as i'm sure more huntsmans could be living in our car - i'm really scared I could cause a car crash if one comes out while Marcs driving!!!!! :scared:

Lynn
Old Nov 14th 2005, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

coast101 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Di can I ask what do you spray your car with? Is this a preventative thing I could use as i'm sure more huntsmans could be living in our car - i'm really scared I could cause a car crash if one comes out while Marcs driving!!!!! :scared:

Lynn
I spray my car, and have a tin in there since i had a roach crawl up my leg, nearly died of shock!

I do check though before i get in, if i had a huntsman oh my god i`d crash the car :scared:
Old Nov 14th 2005, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Dinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really nice

Originally Posted by coast101
OH MY GOD :scared: :scared:

This thing was huge, how fast do they run....I nearly has a heart attack!!!!

It just appeared run across the wall into kitchen area, as i screamed for husband to get bug spray!

He started to spray it, then it jumped yes jumped from the fridge onto the cupboard.

Finally got it with his boot!!!!.

Sitting here with a large tin of spray next to me :scared: :scared:
I'm an Aussie (been living in the UK for 6 years) and I absolutely HATE huntsmen. They are the one thing I'm not looking forward to when we head back to Melbourne in January.

I've got about 6 or 7 huntsment stories which isn't bad considering I lived in Australia all my life till I left for the UK in early 2000. The thing to remember (which is hard at the time cause they are big basta*ds and move like lightening) is that they actually can't hurt you. I know, I know - who cares but apart from a good heart attack they are harmless. My cousin use to let 2 live on his bedroom ceiling when he was a teenager cause he reckoned they ate all the insects. I'd have been looking for something to eat them if they were hanging around my bedroom. I digress.

The 2 standout experiences were firstly, seeing one right over the light switch in the laundry reflected in the window - hand on light switch at the time I might add. So I did what any self-respecting Aussie female does in the absence of a bloke - I grabbed a can of hairspray and a can of insect spray and let it rip. Unfortunately the hunstman in question objected to being hair lacquered and just ran at me. I eventually killed it but I learned that hair lacquer should not be the weapon of choice on larger variations of huntsmen.

My next encounter was at St Kilda beach (car park opposite the Stokehouse) one summer night. I needed to get home after dinner with friends as I felt a migraine coming on so I hopped into my car, noticing a car load of guys waiting to pull into my spot. Their headlights were shining into my passanger window throwing into stark relief the mother of all huntsmen. I promptly jumped out of the car, walked over to the guys waiting and told them if they wanted my spot they'd have to kill the spider.

I have never seen blokes wither like these guys did - each arguing and shoving each other out the door. Eventually the bravest of the bunch walked over to the car with me holding my shoe. I showed him where my passenger was and he stretched out his hand and waved wildly in its general direction. He eventually flicked it off the window but as I did not see a carcass I told him I was not going to get into the car. He eventually convinced me it was dead so I trustingly got back into the car, driving home in the heat with all the windows wound up.

The next morning (you know what's coming don't you) I opened the boot to find the bugger stretched out in the groove where the rubber seal is. I was so mad at being frightened by (possibly) the same spider again I just flicked it onto the floor with my umbrella and stepped on it. Eeeewwww they make a mess!

The lesson have learned about getting rid of spiders in the house is the hoover them up. I only recommend this method of you have a handy bloke around the house is is not freaked out by the prosect of what all those spiders in the vacuum cleaner bag have been doing for months. :scared:

And during the course of bashing out this post I have remembed at least a dozen other huntsmen experiences so I am no comfort at all. They are a fact of life in Australia but it could be worse - they could have wings...

Dinnie
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:59 pm

Haven't got a hoover yet so can't use that plan will have to stick to the plastic box catcher.

So wandering wombat does that look like a cane toad, haven't licked it to test or anything?
Old Nov 15th 2005, 12:15 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dinnie
I'm an Aussie (been living in the UK for 6 years) and I absolutely HATE huntsmen. They are the one thing I'm not looking forward to when we head back to Melbourne in January.

I've got about 6 or 7 huntsment stories which isn't bad considering I lived in Australia all my life till I left for the UK in early 2000. The thing to remember (which is hard at the time cause they are big basta*ds and move like lightening) is that they actually can't hurt you. I know, I know - who cares but apart from a good heart attack they are harmless. My cousin use to let 2 live on his bedroom ceiling when he was a teenager cause he reckoned they ate all the insects. I'd have been looking for something to eat them if they were hanging around my bedroom. I digress.

The 2 standout experiences were firstly, seeing one right over the light switch in the laundry reflected in the window - hand on light switch at the time I might add. So I did what any self-respecting Aussie female does in the absence of a bloke - I grabbed a can of hairspray and a can of insect spray and let it rip. Unfortunately the hunstman in question objected to being hair lacquered and just ran at me. I eventually killed it but I learned that hair lacquer should not be the weapon of choice on larger variations of huntsmen.

My next encounter was at St Kilda beach (car park opposite the Stokehouse) one summer night. I needed to get home after dinner with friends as I felt a migraine coming on so I hopped into my car, noticing a car load of guys waiting to pull into my spot. Their headlights were shining into my passanger window throwing into stark relief the mother of all huntsmen. I promptly jumped out of the car, walked over to the guys waiting and told them if they wanted my spot they'd have to kill the spider.

I have never seen blokes wither like these guys did - each arguing and shoving each other out the door. Eventually the bravest of the bunch walked over to the car with me holding my shoe. I showed him where my passenger was and he stretched out his hand and waved wildly in its general direction. He eventually flicked it off the window but as I did not see a carcass I told him I was not going to get into the car. He eventually convinced me it was dead so I trustingly got back into the car, driving home in the heat with all the windows wound up.

The next morning (you know what's coming don't you) I opened the boot to find the bugger stretched out in the groove where the rubber seal is. I was so mad at being frightened by (possibly) the same spider again I just flicked it onto the floor with my umbrella and stepped on it. Eeeewwww they make a mess!

The lesson have learned about getting rid of spiders in the house is the hoover them up. I only recommend this method of you have a handy bloke around the house is is not freaked out by the prosect of what all those spiders in the vacuum cleaner bag have been doing for months. :scared:

And during the course of bashing out this post I have remembed at least a dozen other huntsmen experiences so I am no comfort at all. They are a fact of life in Australia but it could be worse - they could have wings...

Dinnie

Right...that's it.......I'm not coming !

Old Nov 15th 2005, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

michelle-leicester-perth is on a distinguished road

now i am really glad to be going to perth, they only have little redbacks there!
thats huntsman is huge, come to think of it so is my hubbys!! xx and he dosnt fob me of with 5 3/4 inches!
!
Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:50 am

If your hubby moves as fast as a Huntsman think you may be in for a short ride... . Huntsman like men come in all shapes and sizes and it's not allways the big ones that are the nasty ones as Huntsman spider doesn't have the bite of the redback.

Are all redbacks female???
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Dinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really nice

Originally Posted by michelle-leicester-perth
now i am really glad to be going to perth, they only have little redbacks there!
thats huntsman is huge, come to think of it so is my hubbys!! xx and he dosnt fob me of with 5 3/4 inches!
!
You do realise that whilst huntsmen can't kill you a redback can??
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:43 am

My point exactly so they must be all female to be so cunning whilst small, Huntsman are more likely to be all male, all size and nothing to back it up.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun

Lynn
I use the Raid fly and mozzie spray, no smell and kills everything
In the house we have the electronic sensors which sends out a signal via the electrical wiring, suppose to interfere with the nervous system upto the size of a small rodent, worked in cyprus so brought them with us.
Hubby reckons if we have a power cut then they will all gang up on us :scared: :scared:

Di

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.